Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   VDP Six Speaker Soundbar (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/vdp-six-speaker-soundbar-123863.html)

Sammy91683 11-22-2011 01:54 AM

VDP Six Speaker Soundbar

Vertically Driven Products 792515 - VDP Ultimate VI Upholsterd Overhead Soundbar for 87-02 Jeep Wrangler YJ & TJ - Quadratec
Thinking about getting this. What do you think?
I mostly want it because I want some base and the soundbar that I have right now rattles and buzzes like crazy because of the dome light.
Anybody else have this problem?

zekes99 11-22-2011 02:08 AM

You should look in Quadratech latest fall catalog or check it out on line . Great deals on speakers and sub kits for cheap. Just in time for x_mas.

Sammy91683 11-22-2011 02:12 AM

Ya, I'm on the website right now.
I go on there all of the time
I just want to solve the whole rattling thing first because it ruins pretty much every song with the least bit of bass

HarryJeepGuy 11-22-2011 02:37 AM

I have an aftermarket soundbar from the previous owner. Not sure on the brand, but it has infinity speakers in it. I had the same annoying rattle, and my wife (girlfriend at the time) found the fix. She shoved a penny in between the plastic light cover and the padding. After I added a 12" sub, I upgraded it to a nickel. It hasn't made a sound in at least 5 years. No wonder I married her... Hope this works for you.

Sammy91683 11-22-2011 10:12 AM

Thanks. I took thick weather stripping and put it inbetween the light and the sound bar, but it still rattles. I'll definitely try the penny though haha.

Cons_Table 11-22-2011 10:16 AM

I have that. It was a great sound improvement for me, but I didn't have a soundbar at all. If you are looking for bass though, u may be a bit disappointed. I didn't notice that much "bass" out of this unit

Sammy91683 11-22-2011 10:19 AM

Do you have an idea of what I do need then?
I have two 6 1/2 pioneer speakers in there that cost about $150 and the 4x6s in the dash are completely blown from the PO.
Would replacing those help with some of the rattling since the balance is mostly turned onto my rear speakers?

Cons_Table 11-22-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammy91683
Do you have an idea of what I do need then?
I have two 6 1/2 pioneer speakers in there that cost about $150 and the 4x6s in the dash are completely blown from the PO.
Would replacing those help with some of the rattling since the balance is mostly turned onto my rear speakers?

To get real bass, u are gonna need to look into a subwoofer. Most little speakers like those will not give you the sound you are looking for probably. When you turn up the bass too much with those speakers it comes across distorted. Putting good speakers in will help your sound overall, and may add some bass, just don't expect anything to crazy out of a small speaker like that.

Sammy91683 11-22-2011 11:33 AM

Oh definitely not
I just want an overall, balanced, nice sound system.
I'm not looking to rattle everyone's windows yet.