Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Virginia Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f74/)
-   -   12*2*11 Peter Mills Run (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f74/12-2-11-peter-mills-run-124032.html)

luckyAD80 11-22-2011 11:06 PM

12*2*11 Peter Mills Run
 
Would anyone be down for going up That Friday to camp and do the trail the next day?
My buddies and I (17 years old) would probably get there around 10 pm. First offroad experience. Would love for other Jeepers to come chill with us and have a great time!
Lemme know if this is something yall are interested in. We'd be driving from Richmond city so that's why it'd take us a while to get there.

InvertChaos 11-22-2011 11:14 PM

I can't do it that weekend but this December would you be down for going there on a Wednesday night and wheeling Thursday? I'm in high school as well but also have a job and i can't get off every weekend.

luckyAD80 11-22-2011 11:31 PM

Yeah maybe during winter break.. Put up a potential date and ill let ya know as soon as i can. If anything changes for dec 2 lemme know cause im going for sure then.

InvertChaos 11-22-2011 11:35 PM

Will do. I'll actually be there on the 17th for the first time if its not snowing with the NoVa Jeepers for a Member's only ride. After I get a feel for the trails (namely Flagpole) I want to go back with my older brother and neighbor with his Jeep. What's your set up?

luckyAD80 11-22-2011 11:44 PM

Stock right now. It"s my dads jeep so i dont wunna pay money for a lift for a car thats not mine. But i heard this trails is good for stocks. What about you? And maybe ill just trail behind yall on the 17th haha

luckyAD80 11-28-2011 05:47 PM

Okay everyone I am for sure going December 2nd.. Im a little under 3 hours away so I'd get there around 11 pm to camp out if anyone wants to join me and my friend. We'll do the trails saturday morning..

so all that are planning on being there lemme know.. PM your cell or something so we can meet up.

Alright awesome hope to see some fellow jeepers there!

luckyAD80 11-28-2011 05:50 PM

Also can anyone verify for me if a stock 2000 manual TJ can handle these trails? I heard they can I just want to double check.. I don't have a winch or anything besides jumper cables and some tools so yeah.. don't wunna get into anything too tricky. Thanks!

luckyAD80 11-28-2011 05:58 PM

Sorry for the triple post, but could someone that's been before please provide me the following info:

1. An address to plug into GPS.
2. How much money to bring.
3. Where I can camp.
4. It says theyre open April-November... does this mean they won't be open December 2nd?

THanks again.. sorry for all the posts.

Hectic 11-29-2011 06:26 PM

1. i can drive there ,but dont have an address
2. cost is 5.00
3. not sure, never camped there
4. call them and they can answer these questions

Lee Ranger District
95 Railroad Avenue
Edinburg, VA 22824
540-984-4101

InvertChaos 11-29-2011 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hectic
1. i can drive there ,but dont have an address
2. cost is 5.00
3. not sure, never camped there
4. call them and they can answer these questions

Lee Ranger District
95 Railroad Avenue
Edinburg, VA 22824
540-984-4101

Hectic, in your opinion is Peters Mill a good trail for the OP, a first timer with no wheeling experience and a stock TJ going by himself? I haven't been there but I feel like Flagpole might be more mild.

luckyAD80 11-29-2011 07:15 PM

Should I remove the sway bars even though i have no body lift? I feel like the wheels could rub.. And where's this eaiser trail at?

InvertChaos 11-29-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckyAD80 (Post 1783306)
Should I remove the sway bars even though i have no body lift? I feel like the wheels could rub.. And where's this eaiser trail at?

I just spoke to Hectic and he said that this is actually much easier than the other one, and that he has ran this trail in his JK without touching 4wd so you're good to go.

As long as you're stock you should be good to go without rubbing. With stock tires, the axle will stop going up and hit the bumpstops before it hits or rubs anywhere. I don't even think that'll happen on this trail though.

luckyAD80 11-29-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InvertChaos (Post 1783355)
I just spoke to Hectic and he said that this is actually much easier than the other one, and that he has ran this trail in his JK without touching 4wd so you're good to go.

As long as you're stock you should be good to go without rubbing. With stock tires, the axle will stop going up and hit the bumpstops before it hits or rubs anywhere. I don't even think that'll happen on this trail though.


okay so you definitely recommend doing without the sway bars then? and i should deflate tires to 15 psi correct?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 PM.