Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Spare tire fitting issue (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/spare-tire-fitting-issue-125010.html)

Jmugs 11-28-2011 08:52 PM

Spare tire fitting issue
 
I just installed new 270/70/17 wheels onto my jeep but I can't fit the spare under the brake light.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

What options do I have to fix this?

I obviously can't ride around without my fifth wheel, and I don't want to keep it in my wrangler taking up all that space.

ClayL 11-28-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmugs
I just installed new 270/70/17 wheels onto my jeep but I can't fit the spare under the brake light.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

What options do I have to fix this?

I obviously can't ride around without my fifth wheel, and I don't want to keep it in my wrangler taking up all that space.

If your state doesn't require it take it off, that's what we do here around Colorado

kbwwolf 11-28-2011 08:56 PM

You might not even need a third brake light, but...

Rampage Products 86615 - Rampage Products LED 3rd Brake Light Kit (CHMSL) - Quadratec

Jmugs 11-28-2011 09:02 PM

My state does require it, so I'll definitely be looking into that brake light from quadratec. Thanks for the quick response!

kbwwolf 11-28-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmugs (Post 1780608)
My state does require it, so I'll definitely be looking into that brake light from quadratec. Thanks for the quick response!

:thumb:

That's just the first one that popped up. There are several other options. I'm pretty sure Body Armor makes one, Rugged Ridge, etc. Scroll down on this page and you'll see some others:

2007-2012 Jeep Wrangler JK Lighting, Lenses and Bulbs - Quadratec

nvkid 11-28-2011 10:16 PM

Raise it up with a "L" bracket.

Jmugs 11-29-2011 12:15 AM

Turns out it ended up fitting!! No need for any adjustment after all. Thanks for all the help everyone!

daggo66 11-29-2011 07:50 AM

Never heard of a 270/70/17 tire. They usually end in 5. 265, 275, etc. A 275/70/17 tire is only 32" and should fit just fine.

Jmugs 11-29-2011 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggo66
Never heard of a 270/70/17 tire. They usually end in 5. 265, 275, etc. A 275/70/17 tire is only 32" and should fit just fine.

Ah thanks for pointing that out! My tires are 285/70/17. Sorry my that mix up, it was a long day yesterday.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 PM.