Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Prices for extended warranty options? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/prices-for-extended-warranty-options-125486.html)

FirstTimeJeeper 12-01-2011 03:57 PM

Prices for extended warranty options?

I'm sure there is probably a thread on this but wanted to know if anyone had ideas of the pricing for the extended warranty options.

Also, is it a good idea to purchase the extended warranty up front or wait until the original warranty is close to running out?

jmb6420 12-01-2011 05:33 PM

Go here and check on the prices. You put in your current info (year, mileage, etc) and it'll give you the prices and options. This is actual Chrysler warranties backed by Chrysler. The same warranty that your dealer would sell you. In fact, it's a group of dealers that started the site.

This is the FAQ for the site, answering many questions.

pat@fieldsauto.com 12-01-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmb6420 (Post 1789348)
Go here and check on the prices. You put in your current info (year, mileage, etc) and it'll give you the prices and options. This is actual Chrysler warranties backed by Chrysler. The same warranty that your dealer would sell you. In fact, it's a group of dealers that started the site.

This is the FAQ for the site, answering many questions.

They do sell them cheap, but if you are in their area or buy your vehicle from them they won't sell for the prices listed.

cbboard 12-01-2011 06:36 PM

for reference, with my new jeep i am picking up next week, i am getting the maxcare lifetime warranty from my dealer for $2050. he says that is at his cost...

pat@fieldsauto.com 12-01-2011 06:40 PM

With a 100 deductible, that warranty has a cost of 1700. So his price is fair.

willee51 12-01-2011 06:41 PM

I bought the life-time warranty....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat@FieldsJeep (Post 1789637)
They do sell them cheap, but if you are in their area or buy your vehicle from them they won't sell for the prices listed.

An am glad I did (from the dealer). At 1300-mi, mine has been towed in 2 times in about 7-days. This 2nd time, its been there for a week and they say it will ne at least next week before I can get it back. (electronic engine control faliure)

I retire in Feb 2012 so this was my retirement vehicle. If it breaks down again soon (if I ever get it back) the Lemon Law in VA will come into effect!

If not, I will be glad I have a life time warranty on this LEMON:banghead:

jmb6420 12-01-2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat@FieldsJeep (Post 1789637)

My dealer was within $70.00 of the quoted price online. I purchased from my local dealer for future goodwill and to support the local dealer.

37Olivestreetbrews 12-13-2011 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbboard (Post 1789650)
for reference, with my new jeep i am picking up next week, i am getting the maxcare lifetime warranty from my dealer for $2050. he says that is at his cost...

I picked my new 2012 JKU Sport up last night and bought the lifetime max care warrantee for 1900, dealer showed me his book (end of year, end of month -ne needed to make his quotas) and it showed dealer cost was 1800. I feel like I got a good deal since this is a Chrysler backed policy honored at all Jeep dealerships.