Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   New Jeep owner, the wait is brutal!!! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/new-jeep-owner-the-wait-is-brutal-125640.html)

GCDMD 12-02-2011 02:01 PM

New Jeep owner, the wait is brutal!!!
 
Hi all,

I recently placed an order for a new 2012 JKU Flame red Rubicon. Having never owned a jeep before, I am absolutely dying with anticipation!!! Can't wait to wheel the beast. My current ride is a 99 Explorer with the 5.0L and it hasn't skipped a beat with nearly 210K miles. It will be sad to say goodbye but I can't wait to start offroading again!!!

ordered 10/29.....
Stealership said it was in BG status late November and I haven't heard anything since. The 1-877-IAMJEEP number indicated that they didn't have a status last I called. I just can't wait, it sucks being impatient!!!! ;)

Great forum here, can't wait to learn more about my jeep!!! :dance:

Keep Moving Forward 12-02-2011 02:35 PM

Hey, I'm waiting on delivery of my first Jeep as well, a 2012 JKU Rubicon (White). I know what you're saying about the wait but to be honest I am filling the time with ordering floor liners and reading through the free manual that Jeep delivered. That way I'll be better educated about my new ride by the time it gets here. Did you order the manual in advance? I think you can also download a digital version online.

Good luck with your wait.

GCDMD 12-02-2011 03:53 PM

I have not received the free manual yet, sounds like a good read. This is my first Jeep so the excitement is absolutely killer. Is it the actual owner's manual???
When did you order yours?

Mr Mac 12-02-2011 03:55 PM

Didn't you hear? There is a UAW strike planned for the rest of the year. There is a total work stoppage as of COB today and it is expected to last at least three months, maybe more.

Mr Mac 12-02-2011 03:56 PM

Okay...just kidding! Congrats on the new Jeep and, yes, waiting stinks!

Mac

BHE 12-02-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Mac (Post 1792710)
Didn't you hear? There is a UAW strike planned for the rest of the year. There is a total work stoppage as of COB today and it is expected to last at least three months, maybe more.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Funny stuff :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Keep Moving Forward 12-02-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCDMD (Post 1792702)
I have not received the free manual yet, sounds like a good read. This is my first Jeep so the excitement is absolutely killer. Is it the actual owner's manual???
When did you order yours?

I ordered mine by telephone about three weeks ago, and received it in about ten days. (I am in Canada.) You don't have to wait for actual delivery of your new Jeep to get the manuals.

Up Hill Bill has a thread going on this very subject where you can get all of the info.

The manuals they sent me are the real printed ones and are extremely helpful.

Just search for the following thread:

Free PRINTED owner's manual

basecamper 12-02-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keep Moving Forward (Post 1792452)
Hey, I'm waiting on delivery of my first Jeep as well, a 2012 JKU Rubicon (White). I know what you're saying about the wait but to be honest I am filling the time with ordering floor liners and reading through the free manual that Jeep delivered. That way I'll be better educated about my new ride by the time it gets here. Did you order the manual in advance? I think you can also download a digital version online.

Good luck with your wait.

I'm in the same boat reading through the manuals and ordering mods :)

flyinion 12-02-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCDMD (Post 1792364)
ordered 10/29.....
Stealership said it was in BG status late November and I haven't heard anything since. The 1-877-IAMJEEP number indicated that they didn't have a status last I called. I just can't wait, it sucks being impatient!!!! ;)

Great forum here, can't wait to learn more about my jeep!!! :dance:

I totally agree. Ordered just under 2 weeks ago, and mine should get built on the next cycle starting well, this month (Monday I think starts the new cycle?). They expect it to show by mid-January on the lot. Oh well, I can't potentially buy until the 17th of December anyway if I end up using the Tread Lightly discount since it uses the Chrysler Affiliate program now and you have to wait for 30 days after becoming a member of whatever organization you are part of before Chrysler will let you participate in the Affiliate pricing.

JustMike 12-02-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keep Moving Forward (Post 1792742)
I ordered mine by telephone about three weeks ago, and received it in about ten days. (I am in Canada.) You don't have to wait for actual delivery of your new Jeep to get the manuals.

Up Hill Bill has a thread going on this very subject where you can get all of the info.

The manuals they sent me are the real printed ones and are extremely helpful.

Just search for the following thread:

Free PRINTED owner's manual

I ordered mine Oct 17th and no VIN yet! :banghead: How the hell did you get is so quick? Do they do certain runs of jeeps or just fill the orders as they come?

oncewas 12-02-2011 06:25 PM

Ordered ours Nov. 3rd. Already picked up a Rockhard bumper but was told by the boss to hold off ordering anything else until we have a VIN at least.

GCDMD 12-02-2011 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oncewas (Post 1793106)
Ordered ours Nov. 3rd. Already picked up a Rockhard bumper but was told by the boss to hold off ordering anything else until we have a VIN at least.

I don't having a VIN either. Some people who have ordered around the time I ordered are already getting delivery dates and times. I don't mind waiting, I just like to know where things are in the entire process. The excitement and anticipation caused me to stay awake all last night writing
"All work and no jeep make Greg a dull boy..." My wife was concerned for some reason...:hide:

kfog252 12-02-2011 07:24 PM

I ordered a Flame Red JKUR on Nov 19th. No VIN yet. Dealer said I will automatically get an email with tracking info sent to me. Does this sound right? Hopefully both of our red Rubicons will be built soon.

basecamper 12-02-2011 07:30 PM

I ordered Nov 18th and recieved my VIN a week later on the 26th.

ssach 12-02-2011 07:40 PM

The wait was painful and after I left my deposit I felt like I was the one giving the dealer the information (insight was working up until last week for everyone). I suggest you start reading about all the modifications. There is so much out there for the Jeep JK.

Google SEMA Jeep 2011 and enjoy the eye candy.

If you get mental go to another Stealership and test drive them :rofl:

GCDMD 12-02-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Mac (Post 1792710)
Didn't you hear? There is a UAW strike planned for the rest of the year. There is a total work stoppage as of COB today and it is expected to last at least three months, maybe more.


:rofl::rofl:
So mean. Sooooo very mean.
:D

oncewas 12-02-2011 10:24 PM

When we ordered we were told the 24R package was on restriction and from postings in other threads it would seem that could be the case. I don't how many of us waiting on VINs ordered Autos but that could be the cause we are waiting and others are receiving.

strider_mt2k 12-03-2011 06:07 AM

I originally planned on ordering my Jeep, but when I saw everything I wanted and only 2 things I didn't in the storage lot, (730n, which I really like now, and no towing pkg, which I can add later anyway) I went for it.
I think I'd be going crazy waiting too, so my hat it off to you folks.

The cool thing is the super cool awesome reward you get for waiting. YOUR JEEP! :)

JustMike 12-03-2011 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oncewas (Post 1793907)
When we ordered we were told the 24R package was on restriction and from postings in other threads it would seem that could be the case. I don't how many of us waiting on VINs ordered Autos but that could be the cause we are waiting and others are receiving.

I ordered the 23R package so, manual JKUR loaded with black leather, colored top/fenders and 730N and I'm still waiting! :banghead:

Zombie4x4 12-03-2011 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strider_mt2k
I originally planned on ordering my Jeep, but when I saw everything I wanted and only 2 things I didn't in the storage lot, (730n, which I really like now, and no towing pkg, which I can add later anyway) I went for it.
I think I'd be going crazy waiting too, so my hat it off to you folks.

The cool thing is the super cool awesome reward you get for waiting. YOUR JEEP! :)

I was in the same boat as you because i was looking for a sport s because i needed power windows since the manual knob was in my knee. But got lucky and found a deep cherry red auto with power convenience group and connectivity and tow package the only thing it didnt have that i originally wanted was a hardtop but i fgure hey i can add it later the rest of the jeep is perfect and now i really like the soft top

jsmith2038 12-03-2011 08:03 AM

I ordered a Dozer Rubicon Unlimited in mid oct and received on the 21st of November. I also am in MI, so short trip. Took a while to get the vin and ship date, but went fast once they had the production scheduled. Worth the wait!!

ngiovas 12-03-2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsmith2038 (Post 1794770)
I ordered a Dozer Rubicon Unlimited in mid oct and received on the 21st of November. I also am in MI, so short trip. Took a while to get the vin and ship date, but went fast once they had the production scheduled. Worth the wait!!

It was the opposite for me. The time up until the build seemed to fly by, but now things have screeched to a slow crawl for me. My Jeep was released last Monday, but isn't scheduled to hit the dealer's lot until next Monday. Doesn't sound too bad except for the fact that my dealer is 20 minutes from the factory. You would think they could just put it on any truck heading into MI and get it there. I live 1 1/2 hours north of the dealer, so I probably won't be able to get down there to pick it up until next Saturday causing even more pain and suffering while waiting to get it :).

GCDMD 12-03-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oncewas (Post 1793907)
When we ordered we were told the 24R package was on restriction and from postings in other threads it would seem that could be the case. I don't how many of us waiting on VINs ordered Autos but that could be the cause we are waiting and others are receiving.

Interesting bit of info. My stealership told me it was a delay in a component for the pentastar, but this would make more sense. I assume the 24R package is the 5 speed auto.
Either way, all of this wait is going to definitely make the day of delivery that much more exciting. Glad to hear I'm not the only guy who ordered more than a month ago who still doesn't have a VIN.

oncewas 12-03-2011 03:18 PM

Yeah don't really know but I have a copy of the order form and it shows the 24R (5 speed auto) as being restricted. But I've also heard it could be due to the fact the COD model was being produced in Nov and we all took a back seat to "the toughest vehicle in any world" being made.

skihoser 12-04-2011 12:19 AM

I also am a member or the "Waiting Game." Ordered on 11/15, had VON and VIN on 11/18. Not sure how that happened so fast. I asked my dealer for the VON & VIN when available and he fired back an email with the info, 3 days after the order went in. And, I sent the order myself on their computer at 8:00 PM on the 15th. Go figure.

Finally last week the dealer told me it was D-1, then waiting production. He said it had an estimated shipping date of 12/2. Guess that didn't happen! It went to Paint on Thursday and that is where it sits today. I sent the dealer an email today asking for current status and a new estimated ship date. Haven't heard back. Bah Humbug.:crash:

magician 12-04-2011 05:37 PM

i hate waiting!!!!!!

mine order the RHD on 7/18/11 and build on 10/12, until now still not delivery yet, i hate that a lot, everytime i call them they keep change the shipping date and don't tell me why. is almost 5 month for waiting and still don't know when i can have it.........

and the main thing is i know someone order the same RHD too, but they get it already and me is waiting.......... the hurt!

GCDMD 12-04-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magician (Post 1798457)
i hate waiting!!!!!!

mine order the RHD on 7/18/11 and build on 10/12, until now still not delivery yet, i hate that a lot, everytime i call them they keep change the shipping date and don't tell me why. is almost 5 month for waiting and still don't know when i can have it.........

and the main thing is i know someone order the same RHD too, but they get it already and me is waiting.......... the hurt!


:eek::eek:
Wow, and I was complaining about 5 weeks. Hopefully they get yours done ASAP. Have you hounded the dealership because that sound absurd? :nonono:

GCDMD 12-05-2011 09:01 PM

Yay, dealership said it has been in D1 status for 1 week now.Just got an estimated ship date of 12/7!!!! :dance::dance:

mjf232 12-05-2011 09:42 PM

Ordered mine 11/28 and was told it should be here end of Dec - middle of Jan. I'm gonna call the dealer next monday (2 weeks from when I ordered) and check the status and see if I have a VIN.

kfog252 12-06-2011 09:15 AM

good luck mjf. I ordered on 11/19 and still no VIN. 2012 JKUR - Flame Red. I am wondering if it's gonna be a lot longer due to holidays and current high demand.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 AM.