Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   alarm systems for open Jeeps (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/alarm-systems-for-open-jeeps-125672.html)

pastorscott 12-02-2011 05:47 PM

alarm systems for open Jeeps

So
What do you guys use to keep your jeeps from being messed with in the summer time with doors off and all down?

thanks

roxbury29 12-02-2011 05:58 PM

Thats a good ? / / / / Just don't leave anything laying on the seat.
as far as anything else, it wouldn't matter anyway. If someone wants it bad enough they will find a way to take it from all of us good hard working people..

pastorscott 12-02-2011 06:20 PM

how about stealing the Jeep itself

scgeek12 12-02-2011 06:26 PM

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/dei...em-113444.html

BeaverJeeper 12-02-2011 06:52 PM

do TJ's have a factory alarm system?

scgeek12 12-02-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeaverJeeper (Post 1793162)
do TJ's have a factory alarm system?

doesnt have to be for a factory alarm, just posted that for a general idea of how it can be done, proxy sensors , motion sensors and such

Black98 12-02-2011 08:17 PM

gotta make a real good hidden killswitch and an NRA sticker

armygreen 12-02-2011 08:38 PM

my brother in law had a convertible and taped a bunch of razorblades facing out in behind his stereo.

one day his stereo was gone, but at least there was a ton of blood all under the dash!

what i want someone to develop is a small discreet batterypowered (and not the car battery) set of cameras that record to flashcard. if this already exists please tell me!

nextly: should work on changing the laws that disallow us to boobytrap sh#t. springloaded flechettes and shorted electrical circuits sound like a great idea to me, why can't i?

scgeek12 12-02-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armygreen (Post 1793467)
my brother in law had a convertible and taped a bunch of razorblades facing out in behind his stereo.

one day his stereo was gone, but at least there was a ton of blood all under the dash!

what i want someone to develop is a small discreet batterypowered (and not the car battery) set of cameras that record to flashcard. if this already exists please tell me!

nextly: should work on changing the laws that disallow us to boobytrap sh#t. springloaded flechettes and shorted electrical circuits sound like a great idea to me, why can't i?

there are quite a few car alarms that take pics when the alarm goes off, dont know of one with an SD card but they have some that send pics to your remote-

Car alarm with camera and starter

armygreen 12-03-2011 06:00 AM

^hey that is cool, thank you!

scribble77 12-03-2011 06:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by armygreen (Post 1793467)

Are you talking about something like this? https://www.dynaspy.com/spy-cameras/...der-4gb-memory

InvertChaos 12-03-2011 06:59 AM

I just try not to leave anything valuable in sight and rely on the factory chip system. If you have a gray key than the Jeep is supposed to cut itself off after 10s if a key is inserted that's not one of your two or if its hot wired...but I remember seeing an article how thieves have gotten around that system. Just get good insurance I suppose!

JDsDream 12-03-2011 08:12 AM

There isn't really a lot you can to prevent a dishonest person from being dishonest. They do make an alarm that has a microwave sensor. If anything passes into the zone,
an audible warning is heard. If it is not removed, the alarm will sound. I've seen this work on many convertibles but never seen it on a Jeep.

As mentioned above, Keep all valuables out of the Jeep or at least out of sight.
I would also call my insurance agent and talk to them about dropping your comp to 0 deductible. This will cover anything stolen or damaged 100%. That includes slashed or broken windows. I dropped mine from 500.00 ded to 0 and it only increased my premium by $10.00 a year.

scgeek12 12-03-2011 08:20 AM

ive only locked my jeep one time, when i drove it away from the dealer i asked if the ignition key worked in the door, he said yes so me and my g/f stop at denys on the way home (2 hour drive and we just happen to pass the only denys within 2 hours of where i live lol) well needless to say i had to unzip my windows and open the door, but then i realized anyone else could just unzip them from the outside too, so i havent locked them since lol

Mortalis5509 12-03-2011 09:43 PM

9x19 and a 45acp. they will do it every time.

WaterDR 12-03-2011 11:13 PM

I have insurance.

s3nt3nc3d 12-04-2011 12:05 AM

lol...yeah, I don't leave anything of value in my Jeep. I also never lock the doors. It's cheaper to replace my radio than to replace the windows in my soft top.

My neighbor came over one day and asked if anyone had messed with my Jeep lately...said the neighbors on the other side of him had their cars messed around with. I told him nope...but if he ever wakes up to gunshots in the middle of the night just to ignore it and go back to sleep (we live outside of town), I'd have everything taken care of by morning. :whistling:

scgeek12 12-04-2011 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s3nt3nc3d (Post 1796908)
lol...yeah, I don't leave anything of value in my Jeep. I also never lock the doors. It's cheaper to replace my radio than to replace the windows in my soft top.

My neighbor came over one day and asked if anyone had messed with my Jeep lately...said the neighbors on the other side of him had their cars messed around with. I told him nope...but if he ever wakes up to gunshots in the middle of the night just to ignore it and go back to sleep (we live outside of town), I'd have everything taken care of by morning. :whistling:

my apartment complex had to give out notices to everyone due to break-ins around here, actually my g/f's liberty was broken into, i left my GPS on her windshield and they busted out her passenger side window to get to it, so i had to buy her a new ($400) window :( but my jeep which is out there with no windows and no door uppers and the top off most of the time has never been touched (knock on wood) but the only thing i leave in it is my cat litter box full of extra fluids and zip-ties, and an ammo can full of recovery stuff (cheap stuff), i do have a 2000W inverter now but its under the backseat and kinda hard to spot, but i park my jeep and camaro next to eachother under a working light in the parking lot every night so that might help

WaterDR 12-04-2011 08:36 AM

I live in a nice neighborhood in the twin cities. My car has been ransacked about 4 times. They mostly look for change and cigarettes but have had a gps taken.

Three years ago my wifes Saab was stolen, thief caught, and now the shit bird is back in jail for something. 17 year old punk.

GoldenSahara00 12-04-2011 08:37 AM

Get a dog.

mannyssj13 12-04-2011 08:38 AM

That wouldn't help I had my jeep parked in my drive way with the back window rolled up I had just put my doors and top back on due to up coming rain so left the window open and doors unlocked. Woke up the next morning to fond stuff I had in my glove box and Center console was on my seat and didn't remember doing that then i realized some had the balls to walk up my drive way passing my dads car turning on our spot light in the drive way to steal change and my cell phone charger and couple other little things. Left me my CDs so I was kinda happy! If someone wants something bad enough nothing will stop them! That mad me wanna pull my fuel pump fuses and lock my hood every time now I left my jeep open like that so least they can't steal it!

TJDave 12-04-2011 08:44 AM

It's sad that I have to do this, but it's the way it is nowadays.

The wife has her car, and along with the Jeep, I have an older pickup. If I have to go anywhere where my ride will be left unattended for any amount of time, I/we take the pickup or her car. The Jeep stays safe in the garage from the dirtbags and losers who want something for free that someone else has worked hard for.

I guess I am the 1%.

scgeek12 12-04-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mannyssj13 (Post 1797326)
That wouldn't help I had my jeep parked in my drive way with the back window rolled up I had just put my doors and top back on due to up coming rain so left the window open and doors unlocked. Woke up the next morning to fond stuff I had in my glove box and Center console was on my seat and didn't remember doing that then i realized some had the balls to walk up my drive way passing my dads car turning on our spot light in the drive way to steal change and my cell phone charger and couple other little things. Left me my CDs so I was kinda happy! If someone wants something bad enough nothing will stop them! That mad me wanna pull my fuel pump fuses and lock my hood every time now I left my jeep open like that so least they can't steal it!

some thieves have balls lol, my brother had a pretty nice honda accord with 5 TV's , lambo doors, ground effects, 3 12" subs , custom hood, and a bunch of other stuff and it was parked in his garage, someone went into his garage and stole all the TV's AND stereo in the middle of the day.... now that took balls lol them speakers were not light either

heres his car the day we finished painting it lol-

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_i...arge.jpg?modal

BLK00TJ 12-04-2011 10:36 AM

My dog alerts me if anyone comes on our property or is walking across the street. I get a lot of false alarms for cats and squirrels though.

I don't have anything in my jeep worth taking. Glove and console are always unlocked and only have junk in them.

Jeepinjarhead 12-04-2011 01:00 PM

I had a motion sensor alarm put in mine after a few break-ins. I wouldnt call it a break-in cause my doors were unlocked so they wouldnt slash my windows. first time they did it they stole my sunglasses and some change, second thing was my ipod (cause i was an idiot and didnt lock my glovebox), and third time they actually tried to hotwire it (usuing my own tools i had in the back) but at the time i had an electronic ignition kill switch. Ever since the motion detector was installed i could go topless and no doors with no problem... it may have been annoying to the neighbors but kept people away.

scgeek12 12-04-2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepinjarhead (Post 1797878)
I had a motion sensor alarm put in mine after a few break-ins. I wouldnt call it a break-in cause my doors were unlocked so they wouldnt slash my windows. first time they did it they stole my sunglasses and some change, second thing was my ipod (cause i was an idiot and didnt lock my glovebox), and third time they actually tried to hotwire it (usuing my own tools i had in the back) but at the time i had an electronic ignition kill switch. Ever since the motion detector was installed i could go topless and no doors with no problem... it may have been annoying to the neighbors but kept people away.

mind if i ask what brand you got? and how well it works? also around how much installed?

jameslee97206 12-04-2011 08:32 PM

Only problem with a motion sensor alarm is going to be false alarms. If a cat jumps in it or a leaf falls in it, alarm is going off. I have a basic alarm with door switches, have a club on it, hood chained down and good insurance just in case. Got the alarm last summer after my jeep got tore through twice.

TJNewbie 12-04-2011 09:16 PM

My buddy has a Viper alarm in his YJ. it has a shock sensor, sensors on the trunk/hood/doors(when they're on the jeep), starter kill switch and a motion sensor for inside the jeep for when the doors are off. It's a 2way pager system, so it sends a msg to him when it activates for any reason. he can reset it from the pager. If you have a smart phone, you can monitor it from your phone, even remote start it.

Barmanvarn 12-04-2011 09:56 PM

I plan to install a shock alarm so that if the jeeps moves/rocks it'll trigger the alarm.

rjk5828 12-04-2011 10:01 PM

Jeep Security

After I bought my new Rubi, I noticed a bunch of bad boys watching me as I swung through the alley to park my Jeep. We have two jeeps, and only one inside parking space. So I rented another garage a couple blocks away. All Brick single car garage so no one else can mess with it. Feel Safer about that. BUT I will look into these "Convertible" car alarms for next summer when I take her top off! I also lock up the ipod and toll ezpass in the center console and lock the doors and the glove box. But it would SUCK if they busted the lid off the center console!