Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Any news on Gecko (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/any-news-on-gecko-125687.html)

Sboyes 12-02-2011 08:18 PM

Any news on Gecko

Anybody know if this color is still coming out in Jan or ever?

Rock45 12-02-2011 08:30 PM

A dealer guy in Kingsland Ga told me february...

pat@fieldsauto.com 12-03-2011 08:30 AM

January 17th is still the tentative job 1 date.

fan of fanboys 12-03-2011 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat@FieldsJeep
January 17th is still the tentative job 1 date.

Pat,

Do you know cutoff for ordering BFG?

My wife can't decide between the two. Wish we had shot of gecko on a vehicle instead of just paint sample.

pat@fieldsauto.com 12-03-2011 10:45 AM

From what I know there won't be a cutoff of the BFG. Wranglers will have 2 greens available.

Vyper340 12-04-2011 02:43 PM

I gotta see the Gecko in person. I'm thinking it will look damn nice.

fan of fanboys 12-04-2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vyper340

I really wish Jeep would release a live shot of it.

Mortalis5509 12-04-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vyper340 (Post 1798068)

If it looks something similar to the 04 and 05 tj's that had electric lime green then it will. My 04 Rubi is electric lime green.

Sboyes 12-04-2011 06:02 PM

OP here. Thanks everyone for the information. I want a new Rubi but waiting for Gecko....I just have to see it! If it is lime, I will order immediately. Don't go into local dealers here in Boston anymore because they just try to "sell now" and nobody will help me or follow up with me because they aren't going to get a sale today. Really makes me mad.......don't know where I am going to buy when I finally purchase but I am willing to drive a great distance just because I don't want to buy from anyone around here after the way they have treated me. Too bad Pat isn't closer, I sure would love to buy from a guy that helpful! Maybe it's just me the Boston dealer treat so bad, after all I am probably not your typical buyer....I'm a 55 year old woman....but heck I drive up to the dealership in my wrangler and tell them how wranglers are the only vehicles I have ever owned and even though my friends keep telling me it is time to buy an adult car - I keep saying "naugh"....why not take me seriously!

GSXRcowboy 12-04-2011 06:25 PM

Another thread noted the Wrangler Ipad App, I downloaded it and the Gecko looks awesome...I saw above that they will start building in Jan. Has anyone been able to order one yet? I was thinking Dozer, but if I can order Gecko soon......(I'm looking @ ordering next weekend, shooting/hoping for a February Delivery)

pat@fieldsauto.com 12-05-2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sboyes (Post 1798556)
OP here. Thanks everyone for the information. I want a new Rubi but waiting for Gecko....I just have to see it! If it is lime, I will order immediately. Don't go into local dealers here in Boston anymore because they just try to "sell now" and nobody will help me or follow up with me because they aren't going to get a sale today. Really makes me mad.......don't know where I am going to buy when I finally purchase but I am willing to drive a great distance just because I don't want to buy from anyone around here after the way they have treated me. Too bad Pat isn't closer, I sure would love to buy from a guy that helpful! Maybe it's just me the Boston dealer treat so bad, after all I am probably not your typical buyer....I'm a 55 year old woman....but heck I drive up to the dealership in my wrangler and tell them how wranglers are the only vehicles I have ever owned and even though my friends keep telling me it is time to buy an adult car - I keep saying "naugh"....why not take me seriously!

Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. I'll PM you if there are any updates to the release of gecko. And any questions just ask, this forum has folks on here that know just about everything that has to do with wranglers.

dimasin 12-08-2011 07:25 PM

What's up with Jeep dealers?

I sent out dozens e-mails to Jeep dealers around Southeast US about ordering Gecko Rubi unlimited. No one is interested in ordering it for me. Just one e-mail to Nissan dealer about metallic green XTerra brought up a very reasonable offer. What can I say about - Chrysler doesn't want me as a customer... No wonder Italians running that shop!

pat@fieldsauto.com 12-08-2011 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dimasin (Post 1811486)
I sent out dozens e-mails to Jeep dealers around Southeast US about ordering Gecko Rubi unlimited. No one is interested in ordering it for me. Just one e-mail to Nissan dealer about metallic green XTerra brought up a very reasonable offer. What can I say about - Chrysler doesn't want me as a customer... No wonder Italians running that shop!

I can order one for you when it becomes available and you can pick it up in Sanford Florida.

blackforestgreen 12-09-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sboyes (Post 1798556)

well sboyes, you only have a year on me. from what i can tell, as stated, like the lime green from 2006. if that doesn't work, remember the dusters and baracudas of the early seventies, same color except a better shine due to the clear coat paint.

Duffyc04 12-09-2011 04:27 PM

I'm not a wild color person, my '12 rubi is white, but if I had the patience to wait it out, I would've seriously considered gecko...something about that color green just gets me.

HowardJ 12-09-2011 05:20 PM

I'm assuming it's like the color of the Gecko Green VW bug..
Would be cool if it was more like the Rescue, but sorta different obviously

dimasin 12-12-2011 02:16 PM

I spoke to dealer in GA today and he told me Gecko was cancelled. What a bummer! That's the only color I wanted, besides may be Blue that is not available anymore. Does anybody know for sure if Gecko cancelled or not?

basecamper 12-12-2011 04:18 PM

Seems strange that they would cancel the color when they have a JK painted that color in the 2012 brochure pg 24. Pat can probably confirm though

pat@fieldsauto.com 12-12-2011 04:35 PM

Gecko is on the books for Jan 17th. That could change and I'll post it if/when it does. I'm guessing the dealer is trying to push what they have in stock or what they can get from another dealer to hit this months quota.

panthermark 12-12-2011 04:51 PM

It is amazing how different everyone's taste is.

I've been waiting to see colors in person before I order...but I have no desire to see gecko at all.

Knowing my luck...I'll probably dismiss it...buy BFG...and in a month....see it and love it.

Of course, since I only want saddle leather...I can't say gecko green and saddle are a good mix.

seanpholman 12-12-2011 05:34 PM

Gecko is essentially the same color as Kawasaki green, very bright and nothing like Rescue Green.

Here it is from the brochure:
http://www.driveoffroad.com/blog/wp-...limited-25.jpg

--Sean

realter 12-28-2011 11:16 PM

Would that green be too blinding on a 4 door? If I have to wait until January 17 for somebody to order one, then wait another 2 months for it to arrive to see the color in real life, then if I like it, order one and wait another 2 months, heck, it'l be summertime.

dimasin 01-01-2012 08:37 PM

Gecko ordering timeline

Does anybody know how long does it take for color like Gecko to be built after one placed an order?
Could it be longer wait than normal color? I am patiently waiting for ordering time... I am amused by marketing at Chrysler to create color palette with such poor choice of 4 reds and no bright blues or greens. Certainly one khaki shoul suffice, but ...

pat@fieldsauto.com 01-02-2012 10:25 AM

WRANGLER Gecko Green (PFM) paint will be orderable in early February.

WRANGLER Winter Chill (PBA) paint for non-Arctic units will be orderable in early March.

It won't take any longer to order the Gecko. Figure 4-6 weeks

cookiemonster 01-04-2012 01:31 PM

Pat,

is it really true that i will be able to order winter chill on a non-arctic? and are you positive on march being the order date?

the dealer i'm working with has reached out to their rep, but was only told that i can't get winter chill in anything besides arctic. if i can get it in rubicon, that'd be my ideal jeep.

thanks in advance for the confirmation.

fan of fanboys 01-04-2012 01:43 PM

Pat,

Hate bothering you but will that color be available on 2012 Grand Cherokee? My wife is torn between at GC and JKU.

i82much 01-04-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortalis5509 (Post 1798361)
If it looks something similar to the 04 and 05 tj's that had electric lime green then it will. My 04 Rubi is electric lime green.

I almost bought an LJ in that color. So effin' rad.

pat@fieldsauto.com 01-04-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookiemonster (Post 1887455)
Pat,

is it really true that i will be able to order winter chill on a non-arctic? and are you positive on march being the order date?

the dealer i'm working with has reached out to their rep, but was only told that i can't get winter chill in anything besides arctic. if i can get it in rubicon, that'd be my ideal jeep.

thanks in advance for the confirmation.

according to my supply chain manager winter chill will be available in march for non artic editions.

not sure when in march

strider_mt2k 01-04-2012 03:42 PM

Man, that Gecko is as "Hot Wheels" as that Dozer is "Tonka".

SO COOL! (not for me) but SO COOL!

kjeeper10 01-04-2012 04:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by strider_mt2k
Man, that Gecko is as "Hot Wheels" as that Dozer is "Tonka".

SO COOL! (not for me) but SO COOL!

Tonka?