Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   97 jeep wrangler tj injector issue (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/97-jeep-wrangler-tj-injector-issue-126733.html)

Negat Corpen 12-09-2011 02:00 PM

97 jeep wrangler tj injector issue

I am new to this but here is my problem if you can help. I put a new engine in my 97 jeep 2.5 and now the injectors wont pulse i have checked grounds, relays, also power to the injectors the wierd parts is if i turn the key on and hook a volt meter from the battery positive to the black and green wire on the number 1 injector i get 12v. it doesnt sound right because i thought ground was supposed to pulse.

Jerry Bransford 12-09-2011 02:08 PM

The ground is indeed supposed to pulse, as is the ground for the ignition coil. I'd be suspicious of something like the crankshaft position sensor not working which the PCM requires before it will enable the ignition and fuel injection systems. If the PCM isn't happy with all of its various inputs it monitors, it won't enable the fuel injectors or ignition system. Check the camshaft position sensor too if the crankshaft position sensor is good. If the ASD (auto shut down) relay is not enabled by the PCM, nothing like the fuel injectors and ignition system will work, it is the ASD relay that controls them and it is controlled by the PCM.

Negat Corpen 12-09-2011 02:10 PM

the thing is i have spark to all my cyclinders my dad put a header on it and it melted the wires to the crank sensor so we butt connected the wires back together but know that i had the motor out i soldered the wires and heat shrink them could that cause problems

Jerry Bransford 12-09-2011 02:17 PM

Since the crankshaft position sensor wiring melted to the header, it's possible that shorted its power to ground and that circuit is now dead. I'd check for power on the CPS wiring and start tracing back if there is no voltage on it. Might be as simple as a blown fuse.

Negat Corpen 12-09-2011 02:21 PM

it melted before the motor blew up then we fixed it and it ran fine i checked for power at the crank position sensor andc there was 5 volts

Jerry Bransford 12-09-2011 02:26 PM

Place an ohmmeter across terminals B and C. Ohmmeter should be set to 1K-to-10K scale for this test. The meter reading should be open (high resistance). Replace the sensor if a low resistance is indicated.

That is right out of the '97 FSM.

Negat Corpen 12-09-2011 02:55 PM

it had no reading it read 0

Jerry Bransford 12-09-2011 03:16 PM

0 as in a dead short with 0 Ohms (no resistance at all), or 0 as in no connection across it whatsoever?

Negat Corpen 12-09-2011 03:24 PM

i oredred a new one and thanks ill let you know if it starts when the part comes in

Negat Corpen 12-09-2011 03:25 PM

ya it was 0 nothing at all i even took the sensor out and checked on the other side of my solder and still nothing

Jerry Bransford 12-10-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Negat Corpen (Post 1813507)
ya it was 0 nothing at all

I still don't know what you mean by that. 0 as in 0 resistance (dead short) or 0 as in 0 connection (open, no connection at all).

Negat Corpen 12-14-2011 04:10 PM

okay so i bought a new crank position sernsor didnt fix the problem now i am getting that codes 31 and 42 the evap solienod makes a surge sound like short cicuit when i turn the car on what does that mean and 42 is a short or something in the asd i dont know where to even start