Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   SEC football (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/sec-football-12741.html)

rebelBullDawg325 10-28-2007 09:12 PM

SEC football

what a weekend of mind blowing upsets in the nations toughest division (SEC east). UT in overtime over SC, miss st over UK, and my dawgs trampling the gators in the "neutral" stadium down in jacksonville. looks like we wont know who's goin to atlanta for the title game until the last week, if UGA wins out and UT has 1 loss UGA is goin to the ship. if UT wins out they go, or(allthough unlikely but with the way this season is going, not outside the realm of possibility) bandy wins out, they go.

LSU and bama play this comming saturday for control of the west, in whats sure to be an interesting game, i think it all comes down to whose more hyped for the game..... those who think hype dont matter, refer to the UGA-UF game yesterday. gators are clearly the better team but the dawgs were hype commin in and practically declared war on the 1st touchdown, after the entire team stormed the field they never looked back..... if LSU beats bama and picks up 1 more win after that, they clinch the west for the 4th odd numbered year in a row (says somethin about playin UF and AU in the valley).

although a dwags fan, my girl is an auburn fan and we went to the AU - ol miss game this weekend, had a good time watchin a decent game. (we live 30 minutes from auburn and 3 hrs from athens but we're in GA. so theres a lot of tiger fans in my town.

man i just love SEC football. anyone else got some insight? thought on how the season may play out, or just wanan discuss some good ol fashion SEC football come on and comment

AzTJ 10-29-2007 01:19 AM

Although Ohio State may still be number one... ASU is climbing the ranks in 4th. :D I don't care if we are Pac-10. Still freaking awsome.

Smeghead 10-29-2007 02:42 AM

I live in Arkansas

That is all :(

Dare2BSquare 10-29-2007 08:42 AM

Ain't that enough? We had a chance to be a force this year with DMac and Felix. Nothing like being outcoached every week.

The SEC is definately the toughest conference in the country. With the big time coaches we have, every week is an adventure... the big problem with that in the big picture is that we beat up on each other and no one team dominates. Makes it hard to be ranked high in the BCS, because it's getting harder and harder to go through a conference schedule without 2 losses.

pick 10-29-2007 01:35 PM

^ those are great points. its hard to walk through the SEC without a loss, even if you make through there you still have to play the Conf. Championship. I live in Big Ten Country, but not a fan of any of the teams. Just proud of IU this year. No idea how Ohio St. was so under the radar this year. I know they lost a ton of players from last year, but the were the team facing Florida last year. I try to catch up on Florida football, there was a local kid go down there to play, too bad he got hurt in the Tenn game after his first INT.

Iquois 10-29-2007 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebelBullDawg325 (Post 153049)
what a weekend of mind blowing upsets in the nations toughest division (SEC east). UT in overtime over SC, miss st over UK, and my dawgs trampling the gators in the "neutral" stadium down in jacksonville. looks like we wont know who's goin to atlanta for the title game until the last week, if UGA wins out and UT has 1 loss UGA is goin to the ship. if UT wins out they go, or(allthough unlikely but with the way this season is going, not outside the realm of possibility) bandy wins out, they go.

LSU and bama play this comming saturday for control of the west, in whats sure to be an interesting game, i think it all comes down to whose more hyped for the game..... those who think hype dont matter, refer to the UGA-UF game yesterday. gators are clearly the better team but the dawgs were hype commin in and practically declared war on the 1st touchdown, after the entire team stormed the field they never looked back..... if LSU beats bama and picks up 1 more win after that, they clinch the west for the 4th odd numbered year in a row (says somethin about playin UF and AU in the valley).

although a dwags fan, my girl is an auburn fan and we went to the AU - ol miss game this weekend, had a good time watchin a decent game. (we live 30 minutes from auburn and 3 hrs from athens but we're in GA. so theres a lot of tiger fans in my town.

man i just love SEC football. anyone else got some insight? thought on how the season may play out, or just wanan discuss some good ol fashion SEC football come on and comment

Put your money on LSU in the SEC..........I went to USC vs UT game Saturday.
I was actually pulling for USC, its time for Fulmer to retire. He's gotta go!! Spurrier had every chance to win game. If he had started Mitchell in game, USC wins.

rebelBullDawg325 10-29-2007 03:14 PM

mitchell is a punk, i cant stand him. he's from about 30 minutes from my house, so is trey blackmon at auburn, both of them are consistent behavior problems, probably bc in HS they were allowed to do whatever they wanted bc how good they are. but i do agree, if mitchell starts they win easy. and yes, fat fulmer needs to go. he's lost his touch

sgnellett 10-29-2007 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzTJ (Post 153163)
Although Ohio State may still be number one... ASU is climbing the ranks in 4th. :D I don't care if we are Pac-10. Still freaking awsome.

The only downside is that if OSU plays ASU for the BCS Championship, it'll be in New Orleans, not in the Rose Bowl, where the Big Ten Champ and the Pac 10 Champs are SUPPOSED to play!

rebelBullDawg325 10-29-2007 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgnellett (Post 153288)
The only downside is that if OSU plays ASU for the BCS Championship, it'll be in New Orleans, not in the Rose Bowl, where the Big Ten Champ and the Pac 10 Champs are SUPPOSED to play!

i think there will be other downsides than that, one of which being an SEC team that deserves to be there will not be in it. and the game will suck.

blueJeeps 10-29-2007 07:00 PM

Been a UGA Dawgs fan as long as I can recall, sure wish we had played UT the way we played UF. :(

From north GA but live in middle TN now and all we hear all year long is UT this or that.
Hope Vandy puts a hurt on the vols.

sgnellett 10-29-2007 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebelBullDawg325 (Post 153299)
i think there will be other downsides than that, one of which being an SEC team that deserves to be there will not be in it. and the game will suck.

IF an SEC team earns a shot, they'll be there, the only way the game will suck is if Flukida manages to pull off some kind of miracle AGAIN! :flipoff:

rebelBullDawg325 10-29-2007 11:03 PM

fluke? are you kidding? a fluke happens when one team pulls off a miracle play and manages to barely beat another. that my friend was a sound beating at the hands of a superior opponent. and its a heck of a lot harder for an SEC team to "earn" a shot bc the schedule they play compared to the pansies ya'll play

Iquois 10-30-2007 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgnellett (Post 153327)
IF an SEC team earns a shot, they'll be there, the only way the game will suck is if Flukida manages to pull off some kind of miracle AGAIN! :flipoff:

Without Tebow, Florida is lost. Its a one man team....which beat UT's arse

Iquois 10-30-2007 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebelBullDawg325 (Post 153401)
..........and its a heck of a lot harder for an SEC team to "earn" a shot bc the schedule they play compared to the pansies ya'll play

For example last years National Champioinship game......Flordia hammered unstoppable, unbeatable Ohio St.

Walkeraviator 10-30-2007 11:35 AM

I believe that although UK played terrible vs South Carolina and Miss St, they are still an increduible team. If they show up to every game the rest of the season, they will win out. That involves beating both UGA and Tenn... which is not a sure thing we know, but is a very possible outcome if Woodson shows up to play like he did against both LSU and UF (Florida won the game, but Kentucky played good enough in that game to beat any other team in the SEC.)

I may be slightly biased, but I pick LSU beating Kentucky in the SEC championship game. I know I will take a lot of heat from you guys over this pick, but i honestly think that if we have healthy players.. its gonna happen.

Iquois 10-30-2007 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkeraviator (Post 153493)
I believe that although UK played terrible vs South Carolina and Miss St, they are still an increduible team. If they show up to every game the rest of the season, they will win out. That involves beating both UGA and Tenn... which is not a sure thing we know, but is a very possible outcome if Woodson shows up to play like he did against both LSU and UF (Florida won the game, but Kentucky played good enough in that game to beat any other team in the SEC.)

I may be slightly biased, but I pick LSU beating Kentucky in the SEC championship game. I know I will take a lot of heat from you guys over this pick, but i honestly think that if we have healthy players.. its gonna happen.

Nobody beats LSU if they are on their game!!! SEC or otherwise....

rebelBullDawg325 10-30-2007 04:52 PM

agreed^^^ but kentucky is very capable of takin UT and UGA

Dare2BSquare 10-30-2007 10:58 PM

I hope UK is there.

Dare2BSquare 11-04-2007 08:39 PM

Wow. The ol ball coach's butt must be sore today.

He got it handed to him last night.

McFadden 35 carries 323 yards, 1 Rushing TD, 1 TD pass thrown.

Jones 174 Rushing yards, 3 Rushing TD's

Total Rushing Yardage for the Hogs = 541

9.3 yards per carry.

Holy cow.

Iquois 11-04-2007 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebelBullDawg325 (Post 153587)
agreed^^^ but kentucky is very capable of takin UT and UGA

Would be great if UK could do it...somehow I think their bad luck will catch up with them..

Iquois 11-04-2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dare2BSquare (Post 155199)
McFadden 35 carries 323 yards, 1 Rushing TD, 1 TD pass thrown.

YOUCH

Dare2BSquare 11-04-2007 10:25 PM

Tennessee's up next. Think Fulmer is talking to Spurrier?

Not that Spurrier would be much help!!!

rebelBullDawg325 11-05-2007 03:11 PM

lol. you're so right about UK's bad luck. they always seem to have the worst...... does anyone else think that after the FSU - BC game saturday night, ohio state was thinkin to themselves. ooooohhhhhh S***, here it comes again

Dare2BSquare 11-20-2007 07:26 PM

What's up with Les Miles? Is he an idiot, or making fun of his next opponent? He pronounced Arkansas "are kansas" twice in his little news conference yesterday.

Go back to Michigan.

rebelBullDawg325 11-20-2007 07:37 PM

i think its the yankee in him....

how about the class shown by loyd carr to announce his retirement from michigan in the middle of the season, knowing it is certain to cause problems for LSU. right down the home stretch too. he should have waited until after the season.

Dare2BSquare 11-20-2007 09:08 PM

Miles has been in the SEC 3 years, and plays "are kansas" every year. Don't you think someone would have corrected him by now?

That was probably the only way Carr figured a big 10 team could beat em. Distract em.

pick 11-21-2007 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dare2BSquare (Post 160679)
That was probably the only way Carr figured a big 10 team could beat em. Distract em.

I think it was more to let the recruits know he wouldn't be there, and so it wasn't up in the air at the end of the year for kids deciding what to do.

1BLKJP 11-21-2007 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebelBullDawg325 (Post 160654)
i think its the yankee in him....

how about the class shown by loyd carr to announce his retirement from michigan in the middle of the season, knowing it is certain to cause problems for LSU. right down the home stretch too. he should have waited until after the season.

It is the end of Michigan's season. :D

Anybody see the huge article in the USA Today talking about the dominance of the SEC over the past several years?

rebelBullDawg325 11-22-2007 12:09 AM

naw, cna you link me that article?

Smeghead 11-23-2007 08:39 PM

Lol @ Lsu

Woooooooooo
Pig
Soooooieeeee!!!