Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Michigan Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f86/)
-   -   Any Michigan Jeepers? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f86/any-michigan-jeepers-127525.html)

Cam0143 12-13-2011 10:25 PM

Any Michigan Jeepers?

I'm looking for some riding buddies. I'm located in SE Michigan. So if anyone is nearby or would be interested in meeting up every once and a while somewhere to wheel that would be awesome!

Post where you are located and some pics if you got em:)

sevenservices 12-14-2011 09:02 AM

Sup! Im a little north of ya in Mayville. I used to work at DaimlerChrysler, spent many of nights in the data center there on 16 and VanDyke. Also grew up in Troy, graduated from Troy High back in '94. Yup... the same year my Jeep rolled off the line!

There is a Jeep club in SE Michigan, I just started looking into what they do. Its "N2DEEP"

I hit the mounds in Mt. Morris sometimes to, that place is a ball.

Cam0143 12-14-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sevenservices
Sup! Im a little north of ya in Mayville. I used to work at DaimlerChrysler, spent many of nights in the data center there on 16 and VanDyke. Also grew up in Troy, graduated from Troy High back in '94. Yup... the same year my Jeep rolled off the line

There is a Jeep club in SE Michigan, I just started looking into what they do. Its "N2DEEP"

I hit the mounds in Mt. Morris sometimes to, that place is a ball.

That's awesome! I know exactly where that is :) when you find out more info on that N2DEEP club let me know

NewYJOwner 12-14-2011 06:49 PM

I'm from further north in Harrison.
also check out......
ORJ - OFFROADJEEPERS

computeruser 12-14-2011 06:49 PM

What kind of wheeling/trips/adventures are you looking to do? The parks/playgrounds, or trips, or both?

Cam0143 12-14-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by computeruser
What kind of wheeling/trips/adventures are you looking to do? The parks/playgrounds, or trips, or both?

I'm not sure really, I've never been off roading. My girlfriends uncle usually goes out on some trails, but the dnr paved it over as a road now for hunters. I thing bogging would be boring so I'm most interested in some wooded trails of some sort. Wouldn't mind rock crawling but my jeep is no where near ready for rocks.

jaisonjk 12-24-2011 05:44 AM

I am by 16 and Dodge park area. I drive a 95 Jeep wrangler

Cam0143 12-24-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaisonjk
I am by 16 and Dodge park area. I drive a 95 Jeep wrangler

Sweet I know that area! My grandparents live out there. How old are you?

computeruser 12-24-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cam0143 (Post 1828795)
I'm not sure really, I've never been off roading. My girlfriends uncle usually goes out on some trails, but the dnr paved it over as a road now for hunters. I thing bogging would be boring so I'm most interested in some wooded trails of some sort. Wouldn't mind rock crawling but my jeep is no where near ready for rocks.

Sounds kinda like what we do: mostly 2-tracks and other trails, more about getting to something worthwhile - a scenic overlook, an isolated beach, a cool river - than risking life limb and sheet metal en route to...nothing.

We're probably going to do some exploring in the northern lower later this winter/early spring to augment our upper peninsula knowledge. You'd be welcome to join. We have one guy who comes out of Troy, another out of West Bloomfield, and the other parts of our little crew are Lansing area. Nothing hardcore in terms of vehicles - a TJ, an LR4, a Colorado, and a Tacoma - but a decent crew to hang with for backcountry camping, driving, campfire cooking, photography, and skipping rocks and stuff like that.

Cam0143 12-25-2011 02:15 AM

Quote:

Sounds kinda like what we do: mostly 2-tracks and other trails, more about getting to something worthwhile - a scenic overlook, an isolated beach, a cool river - than risking life limb and sheet metal en route to...nothing.

We're probably going to do some exploring in the northern lower later this winter/early spring to augment our upper peninsula knowledge. You'd be welcome to join. We have one guy who comes out of Troy, another out of West Bloomfield, and the other parts of our little crew are Lansing area. Nothing hardcore in terms of vehicles - a TJ, an LR4, a Colorado, and a Tacoma - but a decent crew to hang with for backcountry camping, driving, campfire cooking, photography, and skipping rocks and stuff like that.

Sounds awesome! Hopefully I don't have school when you guys plan on going. I go back Jan 4th and then I think my next "break" is the first week of April? Not 100% on that. Defiantly send me a pm with some more details. :) like how long you guys go out for, ages of people driving ect. Sounds like a lot of fun!

jaisonjk 12-27-2011 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cam0143

Sweet I know that area! My grandparents live out there. How old are you?

I am 28. I would really like to go on a off roading trip.

Cam0143 12-28-2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaisonjk

I am 28. I would really like to go on a off roading trip.

Me too! But there is no where around here that I know of, everything is way north

computeruser 12-29-2011 05:52 PM

Everything of value is very way north, sadly, as in U.P. or Canada. There is some stuff in the LP, but without the scale and grandeur and isolation that these other venues provide.

Cam0143 12-31-2011 03:40 AM

Quote:

Everything of value is very way north, sadly, as in U.P. or Canada. There is some stuff in the LP, but without the scale and grandeur and isolation that these other venues provide.

Would you happen to know of any places nearby SE Michigan in Canada? Like something that is closer than going to the UP. Haha

sevenservices 01-08-2012 03:39 PM

I read that you haven't been off roading... the Mounds was great for my first adventure because there are so many areas to choose from. You can go form simple two tracks all day to sand or mud or hills or rocks or water, all kinds of stuff to do.

Cam0143 01-09-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sevenservices
I read that you haven't been off roading... the Mounds was great for my first adventure because there are so many areas to choose from. You can go form simple two tracks all day to sand or mud or hills or rocks or water, all kinds of stuff to do.

Awesome thanks :) ill look into it more when it get some people to go with

donmartin_27 02-25-2012 01:25 AM

Hey guys. I live in sterling heights mi an just bought a jeep finally! It's a 98 sport. I am interested in getting together with a group run some trails, camping or whatever. Any suggestions anyone?

Cam0143 02-25-2012 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donmartin_27
Hey guys. I live in sterling heights mi an just bought a jeep finally! It's a 98 sport. I am interested in getting together with a group run some trails, camping or whatever. Any suggestions anyone?

Hey! I'm from sterling heights as well I am still kinda new to the jeep world but these forums help out so much. I'm totally down for some camping/trail riding come summer when I'm not in school. From what I've read, the Mounds and Bundy Hill are the two biggest places to ride in michigan. There is also D. Island in the U.P. but that's obviously a lot farther away.

jaisonjk 02-26-2012 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donmartin_27 (Post 2072128)

Hi and welcome. I sold my 95 rio grande and I bought a 94 SE. Where in SH?

99jeeper 02-26-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by computeruser (Post 1856212)

what part of northern lower are you talking about?

Rebel_Ryders_Offroad 02-27-2012 08:03 PM

Hey y'all I'm in lake Orion Oxford area. Belong to wegotmud.com( great offroad club with great guys) I have my own club to but it's just a few good buddys from high school. I go to the mounds almost every Sunday. Go to bundy hill once in a while. Plan on making a run this year to twisted trails. and rocks and valleys. This year. If y'all wanna meet up sometime and head to one of the great parks here in Michigan message me. Always great to have a bunch of jeeps together. I've got a 93 yj with just a 3 inch shackle lift and 33s. Soon to have an SOA and 36s and my freshly built 4.6 liter stroker

Volta009 06-09-2012 05:29 PM

Looking for someone from oakland county to meet and talk jeeps tj owner prefered but hey a jeeps a jeep. Im a jeep baby about a year. I need some jeep schooling lol

stans1stjeep 06-10-2012 01:01 PM

I live in Rochester, newby as well.

Cam0143 06-10-2012 02:02 PM

I live in Macomb and go to Oakland university spring/fall and work at the village of Rochester. I am still young with a lot to learn but I've been all over this site soaking up tons of knowledge. I too am looking for some jeep buddies lol

Volta009 06-11-2012 04:22 PM

Done any mods to your jeeps?

stans1stjeep 06-12-2012 08:30 AM

ACE rock rails. Other mods in mind, other things to do first.

StingRay66 06-12-2012 08:57 AM

Google "michigan 4x4 clubs" and watch for local club meetings and hit a few to see who you think you would like to hang with. there will also be treads about runs that you can join in on

sevenservices 06-12-2012 09:01 AM

since my last post, up here in the thumb we started www.thumbjeeps.com as a local club. check out the galleries page at some of our pics.

Cam0143 09-16-2012 10:46 AM

Bump for any new people or information regarding some fellow wheelers/clubs in the SE metro Detroit area :thumb:

audiosmith89 09-16-2012 11:24 AM

Gardencity here! About to go spray some paint and drop the top.