Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Gecko anyone? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/gecko-anyone-127905.html)

dimasin 12-16-2011 11:11 AM

Gecko anyone?

Did anybody order 2012 Wrangler in Gecko yet? Or does it just amount to placing deposit down and dealer will place order when it becomes available? Waiting for this color to come out has been nuts. I can't wait it it will show up...

basecamper 12-16-2011 12:46 PM

I think Patrick from Fields Jeep posted that you could order about mid next month I want to say the 17th but don't quote me on that. Welcome to the forum :)

realter 12-16-2011 11:05 PM

I want one, but "different" colors don't seem to be too highly recommended by sales people. Anybody think it would look TOO much green on a JKU?

dimasin 12-17-2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realter (Post 1834673)
I want one, but "different" colors don't seem to be too highly recommended by sales people. Anybody think it would look TOO much green on a JKU?

I have a different philosophy: life is too short and who cares what salespeople say? If I am buying a brand new $35k truck it better be what I want. Besides Jeep is an active vehicle and would look really beautiful in Gecko on the beach. I know that some may say that trade-in will be affected, well I advise them to buy a silver truck and enjoy seeing mine in unique color. Anyhow, I wish Chrysler makes this color available, because other trucks drive much much better than this rig. I would only buy Chrysler for combination of removable top, manual and a nice bright color.

pat@fieldsauto.com 12-21-2011 11:34 AM

WRANGLER Gecko Green (PFM) paint will be available for ordering in January (February production). posted 2011-12-21

MTH 12-21-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

That's because most sales folks (a) want to sell you what's on their lot, and (b) in the event they order one for you and you don't accept it--if, for example, it came without features you ordered--they want to be able to readily sell it to someone else. You should therefore take their advice on matters of personal preference with a grain of salt.

I'm generally not a big fan of the "skittles colors," but that's just me. If you like one, then get it. But in doing the deal, remember that salespersons have competing interests that may mean there are other things on their mind besides getting you the perfect Wrangler.

Pat clearly does a far better job than the average bear at keeping these issues separate.

pat@fieldsauto.com 12-21-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTH (Post 1846783)
That's because most sales folks (a) want to sell you what's on their lot, and (b) in the event they order one for you and you don't accept it--if, for example, it came without features you ordered--they want to be able to readily sell it to someone else. You should therefore take their advice on matters of personal preference with a grain of salt.

I'm generally not a big fan of the "skittles colors," but that's just me. If you like one, then get it. But in doing the deal, remember that salespersons have competing interests that may mean there are other things on their mind besides getting you the perfect Wrangler.

Pat clearly does a far better job than the average bear at keeping these issues separate.

X2, dealer want to move what they are paying floor plan interest on and what they can make money on now.

I'll order anything for a customer, but if it's not something I feel my dealership can sell then I do require a deposit. Dealers know what sells for their area and what to stock. So far though most of the clients from this forum are ordering Wranglers that I could sell if they back out.

leonardrl 12-21-2011 05:18 PM

Is there any additional charge to order a custom Jeep from a dealer? Are you able to haggle about the price as much with a custom order?

pat@fieldsauto.com 12-22-2011 04:29 PM

New info today

WRANGLER Gecko Green (PFM) paint will be orderable in early February. 2011-12-21

basecamper 12-22-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonardrl (Post 1847651)
Is there any additional charge to order a custom Jeep from a dealer? Are you able to haggle about the price as much with a custom order?

In my experience you can get the same or in a lot of cases even better price by ordering. Get either tread lightly or if your employer offers affiliate pricing use that. I would also suggest giving Pat at Fields Jeep a call if Chicago is reasonably close he is awesome to work with and offers 2% under invoice if you have one of the two programs mentioned above.

Duffyc04 12-23-2011 09:24 PM

I may have said this on another thread but I'm typically not big on the skittles colors either, but if I had the patience to wait until February (I didn't, and ended up getting original choice of white), I think I'd go with the gecko, it's pretty unique I think....a wrangler is one of 3 cars that can pull off that color...

The others being a Porsche GT3RS and a Lamborghini Gallardo, IMO.

kjeeper10 12-23-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duffyc04
I may have said this on another thread but I'm typically not big on the skittles colors either, but if I had the patience to wait until February (I didn't, and ended up getting original choice of white), I think I'd go with the gecko, it's pretty unique I think....a wrangler is one of 3 cars that can pull off that color...

The others being a Porsche GT3RS and a Lamborghini Gallardo, IMO.

3 what? :eek:

EdCrbnSoul 12-23-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 1853862)

Won't someone think of the kittens! :eek:

Duffyc04 12-23-2011 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10

Damn, I swore I wouldn't ever do that! I blame mixing forums and jack daniels...

dimasin 01-11-2012 07:38 PM

This forum became my waiting room. Let's see if anyone has news about Gecko.

flyinion 01-11-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

If BFG had not been an option, I might have actually waited for Gecko for my JKU. I don't like the other bright colors but I'm a fan of green in general so I think it could have worked for me. That being said, I think it would be too much on a JKU if you have color matched fenders and/or hard top. If you go with the "standard" black fenders and top I think it would look great on a JK or JKU.

woodyaks 01-11-2012 07:58 PM

Can someone post a link to a Jeep in that color. I forgot what it looks like and I can't find the link that had them.

kjeeper10 01-11-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodyaks
Can someone post a link to a Jeep in that color. I forgot what it looks like and I can't find the link that had them.

Looks like that little green dude on those insurance commercials :D

realter 01-11-2012 09:50 PM

Around here we have Windstream for phone service, their trucks are painted that color.

tgeep 01-12-2012 11:17 PM

I hope to order a Gecko Rubicon Unlimited in early February. I think Jeep had a Mojave Gecko edition in 2010 I think but it was Sahara Tan not green. The Gecko lizard was on the hood and embroidered on the seats.

IIWorlds 01-14-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realter

I am waiting for the Gecko too. Getting the Sahara JK with black top. I also thought all Gecko might be too much. My dealer told me I can already order it, but I am hoping to see one in person or at least a picture before ordering.

GeckoJK 01-15-2012 11:47 AM

I could care less what anyone else thinks of my color choice. It is my Jeep and I am paying for it! Mine will be a Gecko Unlimited Sport S with soft top and half doors. It is going to look awesome. :D

IIWorlds 01-16-2012 02:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by woodyaks

Here's a scanned brochure page.

Attachment 90278

... Hope this works from my phone.

Chewtoy 01-16-2012 03:32 PM

IIWorlds ,,, your post looks great from your phone.

Jeepin Dave 01-16-2012 04:40 PM

I agree most salespeople will try to sell you what is best for them, not what is best for you.
A month ago when in Kentucky (currently in San Antonio), a dealer who I dislike got in a Crush. It was sold in two days – think the fastest they have ever sold a vehicle.
So someone likes the bright colors. Would imagine resale would be good also.
This is the same dealer that told me they could only give a max of $100 to $200 off the MSRP (not Invoice) and that it took a $5,000 deposit to order a Wrangler.
Historically I dislike yellow, orange and green vehicles. However, Crush and Gecko have grown on me. Outside my San Antonio office there is a Mazda dealership. They have a nice green that I imagine will be like Gecko.
Hope to have a Crush on order by the end of the month.
Later probably a Gecko (do much traveling for work and pleasure).

IIWorlds 01-16-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewtoy
IIWorlds ,,, your post looks great from your phone.

Thanks for confirming, Chewtoy.

IIWorlds 01-16-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepin Dave
I agree most salespeople will try to sell you what is best for them, not what is best for you.
A month ago when in Kentucky (currently in San Antonio), a dealer who I dislike got in a Crush. It was sold in two days – think the fastest they have ever sold a vehicle.
So someone likes the bright colors. Would imagine resale would be good also.
This is the same dealer that told me they could only give a max of $100 to $200 off the MSRP (not Invoice) and that it took a $5,000 deposit to order a Wrangler.
Historically I dislike yellow, orange and green vehicles. However, Crush and Gecko have grown on me. Outside my San Antonio office there is a Mazda dealership. They have a nice green that I imagine will be like Gecko.
Hope to have a Crush on order by the end of the month.
Later probably a Gecko (do much traveling for work and pleasure).

Gecko and Crush are my first two choices too.

Omar Brannstrom 01-18-2012 12:55 AM

Hi

From UK page, Gecko

Wrangler - Features - www.jeep.co.uk

Alexia 01-18-2012 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omar Brannstrom (Post 1933015)

I have a color accurate monitor for photo proofing work. If the color really does look like below maybe I will not get it after all. It reminds me of something, but I can think of what it is.

http://www.jeep.co.uk/assets/images/..._BUX_Gecko.jpg

NFRs2000NYC 01-18-2012 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dimasin (Post 1836477)
I have a different philosophy: life is too short and who cares what salespeople say? If I am buying a brand new $35k truck it better be what I want. Besides Jeep is an active vehicle and would look really beautiful in Gecko on the beach. I know that some may say that trade-in will be affected, well I advise them to buy a silver truck and enjoy seeing mine in unique color. Anyhow, I wish Chrysler makes this color available, because other trucks drive much much better than this rig. I would only buy Chrysler for combination of removable top, manual and a nice bright color.

Agree. There will ALWAYS be people (like me) that want a cool color like Crush, Dozer or Gecko. Not everyone wants a silver/black/white Jeep. As a matter of fact, Gecko/Crush will probably be much rarer colors to get, and can actually fetch a few more bucks, since they will be harder to come by.