Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   2012 Wranglers Trickling Into Carmax (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/2012-wranglers-trickling-into-carmax-128739.html)

Yozho 12-21-2011 09:13 AM

2012 Wranglers Trickling Into Carmax
 
Back in September when shopping for a new JK I had created a carfinder request with Carmax for a 2012 JK. Sometimes they get new model year vehicles in fairly quickly and I use those to compare prices and sometimes buy from Carmax.

It took much longer than I thought for the 2012 to start finding their way to Carmax (and I couldn't pass up a deal on a 2011 anyhow). I got my first hit on a 2012 JK at Carmax yesterday and the second one today. It should be interesting to see what Carmax prices them at going forward.

I won't keep this a running update but the two that are there now are:
2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport

2D Sport Utility, 4WD, 6 cylinders, Automatic, White, 17/21 MPG - 2K miles - $26,147


2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport

4D Sport Utility, 4WD, 6 cylinders, Automatic, Black, 16/20 MPG - 5K miles - $29,147


There are options that aren't listed that affect price.

Yozho 12-21-2011 02:21 PM

These are Used 2012 Jeeps
 
I'm talking used 2012s here, btw. Some Carmax do sell new cars/jeeps but I'm specifically talking used.

j0nx 12-21-2011 03:41 PM

$29147 for a used '12 sport? I didn't even pay that brand new for my jeep with the options in my sig. Not to mention sports don't come with leather as one of the options they listed. I like carmax to sell my cars to but I would never buy from them. Highway robbery.

Jrousian 12-21-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yozho (Post 1846587)
Back in September when shopping for a new JK I had created a carfinder request with Carmax for a 2012 JK. Sometimes they get new model year vehicles in fairly quickly and I use those to compare prices and sometimes buy from Carmax.

It took much longer than I thought for the 2012 to start finding their way to Carmax (and I couldn't pass up a deal on a 2011 anyhow). I got my first hit on a 2012 JK at Carmax yesterday and the second one today. It should be interesting to see what Carmax prices them at going forward.

I won't keep this a running update but the two that are there now are:
2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport

2D Sport Utility, 4WD, 6 cylinders, Automatic, White, 17/21 MPG - 2K miles - $26,147


2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport

4D Sport Utility, 4WD, 6 cylinders, Automatic, Black, 16/20 MPG - 5K miles - $29,147


There are options that aren't listed that affect price.

Dude i paid 24,450 for a Automatic 2DR Sport HARDTOP w/ convenience package. Brand New w/ 3 Miles on it.

And was outed 26,500 for a 4 door Sport Auto w/ Hard top plus convenience package

damienmonk 12-21-2011 10:24 PM

I purchased my 2012 2 Dr Sport two weeks ago with 10 miles on it, hard top, Mopar kit - taillight covers, side steps and gas cover, dealer tint all windows for 26,300.00. Not as good a deal as some got, but looking at carmax jeeps for the last few months was showing me purchasing new was a better deal than going there and getting used.

Yozho 12-21-2011 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damienmonk (Post 1848792)
I purchased my 2012 2 Dr Sport two weeks ago with 10 miles on it, hard top, Mopar kit - taillight covers, side steps and gas cover, dealer tint all windows for 26,300.00. Not as good a deal as some got, but looking at carmax jeeps for the last few months was showing me purchasing new was a better deal than going there and getting used.

For Jeeps that seems to be particularly true the closer to new they actually are. The prices start getting better, as far as I could see, once they start getting to be 4 or 5 years old and about 30K - 40K miles. Other than that it does make sense to by new.

I bought my 2011 Rubicon new in Sept. for about $24,500. I did find a 2011 JKU Rubicon with 6K miles at Carmax and almost bought it at $29,500 before I found my yellow 2dr.

Carmax is good for a reference point. Their prices are decent as a reference point if you want to sell or buy. A ready, national reference with pics and details for varying areas around the country.

Folks looking at Carmax as only a data point for if they got a good deal, are not thinking outside the box.

rockjock1 12-21-2011 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yozho
.

Folks looking at Carmax as only a data point for if they got a good deal, are not thinking outside the box.

a good car deal is one that makes you smile when you drive away-after that-our just trying to justify it to yourself ;)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 PM.