Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Skyjacker Lift kits? Are they good?

94K views 57 replies 27 participants last post by  n3tfury 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I just ordered a Skyjacker 4" Long Arm kit from quadratec. It was about $2,200 plus they told me I need new drive shafts for this lift, because the stock ones are too short.

This is the one I got: Skyjacker 4" Long Arm Lift Kit for 07-10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door 4WD - Quadratec

I just googled "skyjacker lift kits" and found some REALLY disturbing reviews. A lot of people say to STAY FAR away from SkyJacker. The posts were pretty old, from 2005 - 06, so I am not sure how relevant those are now.

Does anyone have any experience with SkyJacker lifts and this kit in particular? I am supposed to go to the shop tomorrow morning to have it installed, but now I am really nervous. Should I send it back and get something else instead?

I also ordered 18x9 XD Monster wheels and 325/65/18 (that's 35" by 12.8) Nitto Terra Grapplers (They are not the most aggressive looking wheels but I want good traction in snow and Ice, which I hear is bad with Mud Grapperls, plus those howl real bad on the road.)

B.T.W. I have a 2011 4dr Rubicon Black.

See less See more
#49 ·
I'm 100% positive it is the death wobble for sure. It is absolutely the scariest thing, not even a YouTube video did me justice...

I am literally arguing with my dad about this right now. He insists that the bolts he used aren't factory and that they are all one piece and that my short arms apparently come apart differently then the "factory" ones...this is all jargon to me. After I align it I'll be trying to find a local "jeep" smart mechanic that can help me out. This is very frustrating. My dad is very one sided with his opinion -_-

Thank you guys, I'm sure I will have many questions especially if I set out to readjust my lift pieces on my own!

#52 ·
In Halloween spirit, this thread has new life.

Attachments

#55 ·
Welcome to the Forum @semkesam

Tell us what year Jeep you have and the problems you've been having. Perhaps someone here can help.

Good Luck, L.M.

#56 ·
ive been runing into problems left and right, i have never experienced more peice o sh1t people than at skyjacker
Details? Fairly strong words for your official 1st post. Damn. You sure seem like an easy relaxed person...

#58 ·
To say that an alignment would not fix death wobble is hilarious. That absolutely could be the issue.