||12-22-2011 07:07 PM
2012 JKU and best CB..
Today if you had it to do over, what do you consider the best 4x4 CB on the market?
||12-23-2011 06:46 AM
||12-23-2011 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by jeffk42
I'd have to stick with the one I have (or the version that's currently for sale, since mine was a limited run model):
Cobra 29 LX: https://www.cobra.com/detail/29-lx-lcd-cb-radio.cfm
For sale here: Amazon.com: Cobra 29 LX 40-Channel CB Radio with Instant Access 10 NOAA Weather Stations and Selectable 4 Color Display: Car Electronics
- I've used Cobra for most of my comms toys (CB, VHF, GMRS) and I trust the brand.
- Actual frequency display in addition to channel number
- built-in RF meter
- built-in SWR meter
- Memory scan lets you pick your favorite channels and just scan through those, skipping the others (this is nice on the trail, you can "memorize" your group's channel, 9 and 19 and the unit can scan between the three for activity rather than going through them all).
- NOAA channels, including an option to pick up alerts even when the unit is turned off (it will power up, play the alert, and turn back off).
- digital display just plain looks cool.
- display color can be changed (red/blue/green/amber)
- "Dim" button for quick brightness adjustment at night
- decent sized speaker does the job pretty well.
Thanks for the info and pix :thumb: This is the one I'll go with :whistling:
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 AM.
User Alert System provided by
Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) -
vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.