Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   My New Front Bumper (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/my-new-front-bumper-1300.html)

jeeperman 03-10-2006 04:35 PM

My New Front Bumper
 
Here are some shots of my new front bumper! I think the next step is going to be flat fenders and comp cut rear corners!

http://www.jeepphoto.com/albums/front bumper2.jpg

http://www.jeepphoto.com/albums/front bumper1.jpg

1BLKJP 03-10-2006 05:59 PM

Did you make that? Or is it Spyders? Damn that thing sure does stick out far. It's like your jeep is sticking it's tongue out. :D

jeeperman 03-11-2006 01:15 PM

Not me, but I had a shop fab it up for me... Sticks out a little, but the size/shape will save the radiator in a roll. The weight would be taken on that and the windshield frame...

U.S.MarineLJ 03-12-2006 12:25 AM

I think that thing would buckle under the weight of the Jeep in the event of a rollover. I believe most functional stingers have more reinforcment then just being bolted to the frame. :confused:

jeeperman 03-12-2006 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by U.S.MarineLJ
I think that thing would buckle under the weight of the Jeep in the event of a rollover. I believe most functional stingers have more reinforcment then just being bolted to the frame. :confused:

I agree, in a perfect world, it would/will be tied to the cage in some way... Also on the list of things to do...

tweba99 03-14-2006 01:13 PM

Looks good, but what is the point of the bar at the top with the light tab?

Also, FWIW, PS comp stingers tie into the front upper coil spring bucket mounts for support. It will definitely not hold up if front pressure is put on it without any support.

jeeperman 03-14-2006 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweba99
Looks good, but what is the point of the bar at the top with the light tab?

Also, FWIW, PS comp stingers tie into the front upper coil spring bucket mounts for support. It will definitely not hold up if front pressure is put on it without any support.

Point of the bar is twofold - to make sure the strap doesn't slide down the side on steep climbs (people, not vehicles attached to the other end) and for a quick place to hook the winch hook when on the trail (yes, it will get a winch). And it's actually a flag tab, not a light tab. When you go to the dunes on the other side of the state, they require a tall orange flag.

tweba99 03-15-2006 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeperman
Point of the bar is twofold - to make sure the strap doesn't slide down the side on steep climbs (people, not vehicles attached to the other end) and for a quick place to hook the winch hook when on the trail (yes, it will get a winch). And it's actually a flag tab, not a light tab. When you go to the dunes on the other side of the state, they require a tall orange flag.


I would NOT hook a winch to the end of that stinger, even if you had frame tie ins. I would think that would be an accident waiting to happen. :eek:

hardy1531 03-15-2006 05:08 PM

I like it man! It's yours not anyone elses. Kinda off the subject but what size are your MTRs and do you like them? What kinda mileage do you get? I am looking for some new tires to go with my new lift.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:54 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.