Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   New Jeep owner uConnect question (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/new-jeep-owner-uconnect-question-130479.html)

440SixPack 12-31-2011 03:22 PM

New Jeep owner uConnect question

Hey guys,

So I just picked up my Wrangler Sport S this AM. LOVING IT so far. My Quardratec catalog already has about 1/2 the pages dog eared.

Apologies if this has already been asked...I checked the forums, but could not see anything:

Every time I start er' up, the stereo automatically defaults to FM. Since I have the uConnect Sirius option, I'd love it to default to the CD/Aux option so that it sees my phone right away. Is this possible? Thanks, and sorry again if this has been posted already.

dama417 12-31-2011 03:44 PM

I have a 2012 Sport S with UConnect Sirius also. Mine stays at whatever I shut it off at, I usually have it on a Satellite station.

440SixPack 12-31-2011 04:18 PM

Hey dama, yeah, thats what our Liberty does too. Thats why I was surprised when it defaulted back to AM/FM. In the grand scheme of things, its a pretty minor detail, yet its one that I feel there's gotta be a solution for.

xsdbs 12-31-2011 05:16 PM

Which radio do you have? There is a 3 digit code on the lower right coner of the faceplate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 440SixPack (Post 1875780)
Hey dama, yeah, thats what our Liberty does too. Thats why I was surprised when it defaulted back to AM/FM. In the grand scheme of things, its a pretty minor detail, yet its one that I feel there's gotta be a solution for.

440SixPack 12-31-2011 05:32 PM

The code is RES.

440SixPack 01-01-2012 01:57 PM

Also, now another little gem. I updated my iphone software to 5.0.1 and it no longer pairs to the jeep. Thoughts?

Reynoldsmao1 01-01-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 440SixPack (Post 1877801)
Also, now another little gem. I updated my iphone software to 5.0.1 and it no longer pairs to the jeep. Thoughts?

I'm using that version and its fine, was at that version when originally paired though. Maybe go through the setup from scratch again?

My radio also stays on whatever I was last listening to, I don't stream from my phone though, usually have an iPod hooked up.

FASTLANE 01-01-2012 02:27 PM

+1 I paired mine today but it was already upgraded.

xsdbs 01-01-2012 04:12 PM

you'll need to delete the pairing of the phone and uconnect and also Uconnect from the phone, then re- pair the phone. Then you should be fine.

Quote:

440SixPack 01-01-2012 09:41 PM

Xsdbs, I removed all pairings in uconnect, and I don't see anything on my phone. Thoughts? When I synched it with iOS 4 it worked just fine before

xsdbs 01-02-2012 09:52 AM

If when you go into settings, general, BT, (make sure that the BT is on), look below in devices. If you don't see "Uconnect" there:
Delete the phone from Uconnect:
1) press the uconnect button and say "set up, phone pairing, delete phone,
2) You will be asked the name of the phone that you want to delete or say all,
3) say the name of your phone and Uconnect will confirm the name, say yes,
4) Uconnect will now delete your phone from the paired list,
5) now start a fresh pairing of the phone and Uconnect,
Let us know if this works, ok.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 440SixPack (Post 1879246)
Xsdbs, I removed all pairings in uconnect, and I don't see anything on my phone. Thoughts? When I synched it with iOS 4 it worked just fine before

440SixPack 01-02-2012 01:05 PM

Followed the above to a "T"....nothing. Is it possible that there is a software update that I need for Uconnect in the Wrangler?

adb1723 01-02-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

I work at a Jeep dealership and about 50% of iphone users are coming in saying that it doesn't work anymore. There is an update coming out for the uconnect radio. call your local dealership.

xsdbs 01-02-2012 03:02 PM

when you performed the pairing of the phone, the phone found the Uconnect, you selected it and then put the pin# in on the phone, what happened after that?
Have you tried to reset the phone by holding the wake button on the face of the phone and the power button on top till the Apple comes up and then release them, the phone will now reboot. Try pairing again.
I have both networks IPhone 4 (ATT & Verizon) and have the 5.01A updates on them. They both work fine. I also have tested the IPhone 4s from ATT & Verizon with the 5.01A update on them, they both work fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 440SixPack (Post 1880799)
Followed the above to a "T"....nothing. Is it possible that there is a software update that I need for Uconnect in the Wrangler?

xsdbs 01-02-2012 03:14 PM

I don't know where you got this information from but it is incorrect. As of right now there is NO update in the works for IPhone related issues and RES, REQ,RHB or the RBZ radios. The only update that is in the works for these radios is for a higher bitpool rate for the 2012 vehicles that will upgrade streaming audio.
There is another discussion with Chrysler that may offer an update for the bitpool upgrade for the 2011 vehicles.

What radio are the customers complaining about the IPhone not working with anymore? Is this complaint on both the IPhone's (4 & the 4s)? Is there a certain carrier that the complaints are on?

Quote:

Originally Posted by adb1723 (Post 1880871)
I work at a Jeep dealership and about 50% of iphone users are coming in saying that it doesn't work anymore. There is an update coming out for the uconnect radio. call your local dealership.

440SixPack 01-02-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FASTLANE (Post 1877863)
+1 I paired mine today but it was already upgraded.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsdbs (Post 1881118)
when you performed the pairing of the phone, the phone found the Uconnect, you selected it and then put the pin# in on the phone, what happened after that?
Have you tried to reset the phone by holding the wake button on the face of the phone and the power button on top till the Apple comes up and then release them, the phone will now reboot. Try pairing again.
I have both networks IPhone 4 (ATT & Verizon) and have the 5.01A updates on them. They both work fine. I also have tested the IPhone 4s from ATT & Verizon with the 5.01A update on them, they both work fine.

Thanks again for all the info will try rebooting phone in the AM.

440SixPack 01-03-2012 11:22 AM

xsdbs, the hard reset of the phone did it. Thanks a ton for taking the time to see that through!

xsdbs 01-03-2012 01:50 PM

YAY, you are welcome and I'm glad it all came together for you. :thumb:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 440SixPack (Post 1883676)
xsdbs, the hard reset of the phone did it. Thanks a ton for taking the time to see that through!