Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Cherokee wheels! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/cherokee-wheels-130492.html)

luckyAD80 12-31-2011 05:23 PM

Cherokee wheels!
 
1 Attachment(s)
Just snagged some cherokee wheels for free! Anybody else have these 17 inch wheels on their wranglers? Pics would be awesome!

luckyAD80 01-01-2012 12:57 PM

Anyone? Or is this somewhat original

zimi117 01-01-2012 02:03 PM

Think most people are running 15-16 because of the coast of tires. Would like to see what they look like though
:thumb:

onebigmj 01-01-2012 02:27 PM

i think those are 16s off of a wj grandcherokee. You'll need adapters to put them on a tj. Wjs have a 5 on 5 bolt pattern, tjs have 5 on 4.5

luckyAD80 01-01-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onebigmj (Post 1877730)
i think those are 16s off of a wj grandcherokee. You'll need adapters to put them on a tj. Wjs have a 5 on 5 bolt pattern, tjs have 5 on 4.5

I'm going to go measure them real quick.. and I measured the diameter earlier - it's 17 unless I'm a terrible measurer.

luckyAD80 01-01-2012 05:34 PM

Yup re-measured. 17 inch diameter. 5 on 5.5 inch (if you measure like this - http://rockcrawler-mrt.com/baseimages/5-lug.jpg)

Alexia 01-01-2012 05:46 PM

Those are Timberline style rims from a WJ which are a 16" rim.
Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ - Factory wheels

WaterDR 01-01-2012 05:49 PM

he must have measured from the lip

Plowboy1970 01-01-2012 05:50 PM

You didn't measure the outside of the rim, did you??? You don't measure that way.



I think those are 16X7 rims

New Used & Refinished Factory Aluminum Rims Wheels JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LAREDO LIMITED LTD SRT8 HEMI 40TH ANNIVERSARY Alloy Wheels OEM OE Jeep Original Factory Aluminum Wheels Philadelphia PA NJ DE NY MD CT VA MA OH DC NC Factory Original Aluminum OEM

luckyAD80 01-01-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plowboy1970 (Post 1878248)

So how do I make them work with Wranglers 5x4.5 pattern?

vbTJeeper 01-01-2012 06:32 PM

Get an adapter. Same idea as a wheel spacer.

luckyAD80 01-01-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vbTJeeper (Post 1878346)
Get an adapter. Same idea as a wheel spacer.

So this? Spidertrax WHS-004 - Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Adapter Kit for Jeep® Wrangler YJ, TJ, Comanche MJ, Cherokee XJ, Grand Cherokee ZJ, Liberty KJ with 5x4.5" to 5x5.5" Bolt Pattern - Quadratec

and will it push my wheels out some!?

Alexia 01-01-2012 08:44 PM

Of course, they are 1.25 inches thick...

WaterDR 01-02-2012 11:24 AM

Or sell them and buy rims that do fit.

I have some sahara rims listed 4 sale. Lol

I think the spacers are more than a few bucks.

luckyAD80 01-02-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaterDR
Or sell them and buy rims that do fit.

I have some sahara rims listed 4 sale. Lol

I think the spacers are more than a few bucks.

I have other rims that came with the Jeep when we got it. They're kinda cool but I don't know how to take a tire off a wheel and put it on another. Isn't it hard, or could I do it myself? Also the centercaps on these rims are pretty rusted unfortunately...

Procaccci 01-02-2012 11:13 PM

You can buy spacers on eBay for about 130$ that will fit the 5x4.5 (stock Tj) to the 5x5.5 or the 5x5 depending what year grand Cherokee they came off of... The ones i ordered were the 1 1/2 inch spacers/ converters so the stance will be wider for the stubby look.. There are a lot of options out there! Google it!

Neil F. 01-03-2012 06:19 AM

Taking off tires is something left to a shop.

luckyAD80 01-03-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Procaccci
You can buy spacers on eBay for about 130$ that will fit the 5x4.5 (stock Tj) to the 5x5.5 or the 5x5 depending what year grand Cherokee they came off of... The ones i ordered were the 1 1/2 inch spacers/ converters so the stance will be wider for the stubby look.. There are a lot of options out there! Google it!

Pics?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 PM.