Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   North Carolina Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f73/)
-   -   Anyone up for wheeling this weekend 1/07-1/08/2012 ? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f73/anyone-up-for-wheeling-this-weekend-1-07-1-08-2012-a-131645.html)

DirtyRob 01-06-2012 06:34 PM

Anyone up for wheeling this weekend 1/07-1/08/2012 ?

Like the title says. I was thinking of trying to get some dirt under the tires. I was thinking of going to Garner, or maybe finish the trails here at the house. If anyone wants to help cut some stuff in the woods and wheel a little, we can get together here. I live in Dunn 28334 The trails are tight and there is some mud too. Otherwise I may just go to "Bethel" in Garner

DirtyRob 01-06-2012 09:32 PM

I am looking to get with some other Jeep folks within 45 miinutes of me.
And if anyone wants to come this way, there are some trails here. Nothing too impressive, but a few flex spots, and couple dry and some muddy trails, and the "Gully" which has not been run since I sold my XJ and, but fun to run. I can pm my # and directions if anyone is interested. I have access to 18 acres of woods behind my house and it is waiting to be added to :punk:

ROBDOG1 01-06-2012 09:47 PM

Otherwise I may just go to "Bethel" in Garner[/QUOTE]

Where is this?............I am in Clayton

DirtyRob 01-06-2012 09:51 PM

Near New Bethel Church off of 50 highway in Garner. Behind the new waste water plant kinda

ROBDOG1 01-06-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d5string (Post 1896022)
Near New Bethel Church off of 50 highway in Garner. Behind the new waste water plant kinda

Nice trails or just mud.........I am too old and it is too cold to be washing mud off the jeep.........when there is football on all weekend:punk:

DirtyRob 01-06-2012 10:00 PM

I haven't been there in a while, but there is as much mud as you want, although most of it can be avoided. There are some hill climbs, and some really fun trails that loop around and a few water crossings. I am kinda un-sure how much it has changed, that is why I was thinking about going just to see.
Me and a group of friends of mine use to wheel there 2-3 times a month. We always had a lot of fun.
Some people call it "Oregon Trail" that may ring a bell better than "Bethel", but that is what we called it

I am not much of a sports fan, so wheelin it is.
If I stay here I may just cook on the grill and have a few adult cold ones in the woods.

ROBDOG1 01-06-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d5string (Post 1896065)
I haven't been there in a while, but there is as much mud as you want, although most of it can be avoided. There are some hill climbs, and some really fun trails that loop around and a few water crossings. I am kinda un-sure how much it has changed, that is why I was thinking about going just to see.
Me and a group of friends of mine use to wheel there 2-3 times a month. We always had a lot of fun.
Some people call it "Oregon Trail" that may ring a bell better than "Bethel", but that is what we called it

I am not much of a sports fan, so wheelin it is.
If I stay here I may just cook on the grill and have a few adult cold ones in the woods.

Cool I may ride over there and check it out!!..........thanks for the info:thumb:

DirtyRob 01-06-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBDOG1 (Post 1896139)
Cool I may ride over there and check it out!!..........thanks for the info:thumb:

Lemme know if/when you do. I may join ya if no-one wants to come over here

DirtyRob 01-07-2012 10:17 AM

No one else?