Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   YJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f290/)
-   -   Another Mopar V8 YJ is born... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f290/another-mopar-v8-yj-is-born-131977.html)

Copperhead 01-08-2012 03:56 PM

Another Mopar V8 YJ is born...
 
The original driveline consisted of the 2.5L/5 speed. She's in the mock-up/dry fitting stages right now, the final install won't come until the frame has been painted and the engine and trans have been rebuilt. This engine is old school, compared to the late model EFI magnum and Hemi engines that many guys are installing. It won't down on stump pulling power, though. It started out as a 318 LA engine, but I bought a Scat 4" stroker crank, to push the 318 to 390 cubes. That equates to 6.4L for you late model guys. The heads are NOS factory Magnum heads.
The 727 automatic came from a 1985 Dodge Ramcharger. The only driveline item I kept is the 231 t-case. I'm throwing in a new chain, a 23 spline input, and a JB Conversions SS SYE.

http://hemiduster.com/390mockup17.jpghttp://hemiduster.com/390mockup18.jpghttp://hemiduster.com/390mockup20.jpg

This week, I'm going to fabricate the engine to frame mounts, and do some modifications to the skid plate.

kmanator 01-08-2012 05:47 PM

The over all length of the tranny and t-case setup looks extremely long? How much room you got left for the rear drive shaft?

Copperhead 01-08-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmanator (Post 1900999)
The over all length of the tranny and t-case setup looks extremely long? How much room you got left for the rear drive shaft?

About 22-1/2".

liv2ride41 01-09-2012 01:28 AM

Looks sweet. I have close to that setup in mine. But mine is still a 318 efi setup.

Copperhead 01-09-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liv2ride41 (Post 1902705)
Looks sweet. I have close to that setup in mine. But mine is still a 318 efi setup.

Let's see some pics of your engine. If you don't want to post them here, please email some to me. They could help me with determining the proper engine placement.

The Toolman 01-09-2012 10:48 AM

Ok, I just subbed up to this thread. I love builds like this, & plan on doing a similar one in a few years. Love your choice of engine & engine mods. That thing will be a beast. :thumb:

liv2ride41 01-09-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Copperhead
Let's see some pics of your engine. If you don't want to post them here, please email some to me. They could help me with determining the proper engine placement.

Will do. Will be next weekend before I get them though. My jeep is in storage rite now. What all do u want picks of?

Copperhead 01-09-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liv2ride41 (Post 1903617)
Will do. Will be next weekend before I get them though. My jeep is in storage rite now. What all do u want picks of?

Oh, then never mind. If you don't have pics handy, then don't worry about it. Besides, I found some pics on a thread here by member Moparfreak69.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 PM.