Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Rubicon Express Lift (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/rubicon-express-lift-13214.html)

Cout 11-15-2007 03:51 PM

Rubicon Express Lift

Was trying to decide which RE lift to get. I had planned on the 3.5 superflex but the 4.5, which will use 3.5 springs, comes with the track bar, brake line ext. and upper control arms. However, it's nearly twice as much.

3.5 comes with:
Front & Rear Coil Springs
Front & Rear Bump Stops
Front Sway Bar Disconnects
Rear Sway Bar Links
Rear Track Bar Bracket
Transfer Case Lowering Kit
Front and Rear Super Flex Lower Control Arms

Front Sway Bar Disconnects
Rear Sway Bar Links
Front Coil Springs
Rear Coil Springs
Front Lower Bumpstops
Rear Upper Bumpstops
Front Brake Line Set
Front Adjustable Track Bar
Rear Track Bar Bracket
Lower Fixed Control Arms
Upper Front Adjustable Control Arms
Upper Rear Adjustable Control Arms

Is the 4.5 really worth nearly twice as much money if you're not a hard core rock crawler?

RIPBiker13 11-15-2007 04:06 PM

I have the RE SF 3.5 and it had everything I needed, brake lines and front discos too. Couldn't ask for anything more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUdCB16vt8k

AzTJ 11-15-2007 04:10 PM

I went with the 4.5SF with 3.5 springs... mainly because it came with an SYE and CV Drive Shaft. The biggest reason for the upper adjustable arms with the 4.5 kit is to correct the pinion angle for proper drive shaft angle.

I love the kit. Just recently went out wheeling with it and it performed great. On road manners are nice, but definitely get some better shocks, the Twin-Tubes are kind stiff.

Here is where I bought mine - http://www.4x4groupbuy.com/store/rub...ombo-p-40.html
Shipping was like $100

TeeJay 11-15-2007 05:21 PM

I Want A Vacuum Ride!!

dwdrums801 11-15-2007 05:42 PM

I got the 4.5 superflex with the 3.5 springs .... It rides great

only thing is I wish I got the 4.5 springs so I could take my body lift off...never thought id have 35's

Unlimited 11-15-2007 05:55 PM

My 3.5 Superflex kit came with:

Front Sway Bar Disconnects (upgraded to JKS for $50, sold the RE for $80)
Rear Sway Bar Links
Front Coil Springs
Rear Coil Springs
Front Lower Bumpstops
Rear Upper Bumpstops
Front Brake Line Set
Rear Track Bar Bracket
Lower Fixed front Control Arms (upgraded to adjustable for $60)
Free Doetsch Tech 3k shocks (upgraded to Rancho 9000 for $180)
Front Adjustable Track Bar (added to kit for $120)
Transfer case lowering kit (sold for $20)

Total = $1,349.95 + Free shipping!

I made over $350 selling the unused and take-off parts bringing my total cost to under $1,000.

I installed it over a weekend with the help of a friend. The one thing I'd recommend is buying JKS front and rear bar pin eliminators for the shocks before you start the install. The hardest part of the whole install was getting the provided bar pins installed into the shocks. Getting them out to replace them with bar pin eliminators was almost as difficult.

RIPBiker13 11-15-2007 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeeJay (Post 158875)
I Want A Vacuum Ride!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

rketr 11-15-2007 11:44 PM

Another tidbit to consider: I spoke w/ Sean with RE and found that if you ever want to upgrade from the 4.5" to any of their bigger lifts, all you need to do is get new springs. The other parts are the same between the rest of the lifts. You may need to let the long arms out a little, but no other stuff is required.

I went from their 4.5" long arm to their 5.5" in under an hour. Just had to drop the old springs out and put the new ones in. :punk:

MOz 11-16-2007 05:25 AM

I'm running the 3.5" RE SF with the RE monotube shocks.

I can't say enough about it, it's treated me very well, no problems. One thing that bugged me though is that the springs do not have retainer clips. Under very extreme circumstances the spring can sometimes become dislocated off the bottom perch. I think the other kits have the same issue. A wire tie or some stainless steel bailing wire fixes that problem.

Make sure you get good shocks for your application and rememeber, you get what you pay for. Spend some extra money and buy quality shocks.

Good luck and welcome to WF!

MOz 11-16-2007 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unlimited (Post 158904)
My 3.5 Superflex kit came with:

Front Sway Bar Disconnects (upgraded to JKS for $50, sold the RE for $80)
Rear Sway Bar Links
Front Coil Springs
Rear Coil Springs
Front Lower Bumpstops
Rear Upper Bumpstops
Front Brake Line Set
Rear Track Bar Bracket
Free Doetsch Tech 3k shocks (upgraded to Rancho 9000 for $180)
Front Adjustable Track Bar (added to kit for $120)
Transfer case lowering kit (sold for $20)

Total = $1,349.95 + Free shipping!

I made over $350 selling the unused and take-off parts bringing my total cost to under $1,000.

I installed it over a weekend with the help of a friend. The one thing I'd recommend is buying JKS front and rear bar pin eliminators for the shocks before you start the install. The hardest part of the whole install was getting the provided bar pins installed into the shocks. Getting them out to replace them with bar pin eliminators was almost as difficult.

You actually made money selling your old parts?

I can't give away my old suspension components and they only have 40K miles on them so they are in really good shape.

Go figure.

Unlimited 11-16-2007 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOz (Post 159207)
You actually made money selling your old parts?

I can't give away my old suspension components and they only have 40K miles on them so they are in really good shape.

Go figure.

My Jeep only had 5k miles on it when I did the lift. I sold the springs for $120 to a guy on another forum. I had another guy come over to pick up the sway bar links I sold to him for $20. He saw the track bar, stabalizer, and brake lines sitting on my bench and offered me $100 for them. Sold the factory floor mats to a guy for $20. (he paid for them and never came by to pick them up.) When I ordered the kit, I upgraded the discos to the JKS ones and they sent both the JKS and the RE Gen 2 discos. I tried to return the Gen 2s to RE but they wouldn't pay for the shipping and said to just keep them. I sold them for $80. Sold the TX case drop kit for $20. I've sold a few other take-offs here and there, and I've given a bunch of stuff away for the cost of shipping.