Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Ultimate Currie Steering Kit (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/ultimate-currie-steering-kit-132255.html)

KawiTJ 01-10-2012 12:22 AM

Ultimate Currie Steering Kit

been looking around at jeep stuff all night and have seen several reverances to this, so I checked it out. I think it may just be my next upgrade for my jeep because my stock steering seems rather loose and Id feel better about off roading with some heavier parts... Is it worth it? Also looking at trac bars sometime...

KawiTJ 01-10-2012 12:24 AM

Utlimate 4340 Heat Treated Tie-Rod for the Currie Steering this is what I am refering to...

UnlimitedLJ04 01-10-2012 12:28 AM

thats definitely the best TJ steering you can buy and bolt on.... but do you really wheel where that much beef is needed? did you also see the disclaimer that the tie-rod will not bend, other components will break first. Why not choose the regular Currie steering and see if you can bend that tie-rod first?

KawiTJ 01-10-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnlimitedLJ04 (Post 1906123)
thats definitely the best TJ steering you can buy and bolt on.... but do you really wheel where that much beef is needed? did you also see the disclaimer that the tie-rod will not bend, other components will break first. Why not choose the regular Currie steering and see if you can bend that tie-rod first?

I did notice that disclaimer, definitly dont wheel where that much beef is needed. Is this the regular steering you are talking about? CURRIE CE-9701 CURRECTLYNC® - HD TIE ROD SYSTEM - Savvy Off Road Aluminum
didnt really think about having too much beef haha. Just figuring if I replace stock parts, I mines well make them better, so im sure the regular currie steering would be more then I even need.

MNTNGOAT 01-10-2012 12:44 AM

all im goin to say is i wheel alot (once a month usally) AND ive had the currectlink for the past 4 1/2 years. (well but it was between 2 jeeps). no issue other than my own fault of not getting the bracket on right and that gave me death wobble. and also its one of the weaker/most vulnerable parts of the jeep

Imped 01-10-2012 08:00 AM

I wheel where that much beef is needed and yes, it's worth every penny. I bent the standard Currie tie rod on the first run out but so far, the chromolly tube hasn't budged. Very, very stout stuff.

geiman 01-10-2012 09:40 AM

If you do wheel, might as well get the ultimate. I can see where you're getting at by testing with the original tie-rod first, but then again if you bend it and decide you want to upgrade you've got to shell out even more money. Buying the upgraded tie-rod first is a minimal difference; might as well spend the few extra bucks the first time and get the best.

Black Magic Brakes 01-10-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imped (Post 1906534)
I wheel where that much beef is needed and yes, it's worth every penny. I bent the standard Currie tie rod on the first run out but so far, the chromolly tube hasn't budged. Very, very stout stuff.

It's not a tube, it's solid bar stock.

Imped 01-10-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Magic Brakes (Post 1906712)
It's not a tube, it's solid bar stock.

:flipoff: