Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Utah Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f61/)
-   -   whats up utah (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f61/whats-up-utah-133061.html)

RELENTLESS 01-14-2012 01:05 PM

whats up utah

Just signed up on the forum. I need to find some people to go wheelin with?

justlaxen22 02-12-2012 07:29 PM

You up in SLC? Or down St. George area?

Blindndyslexic 02-18-2012 06:19 AM

I am up in the Ogden area but frequent the SLC and western area.

zmotorsports 03-01-2012 07:37 PM

Is your name by any change Anthony?

Have you been on that "other" JK site?

Mike.

Justanothermoparman 03-15-2012 12:38 AM

I just joined as well. I'm from the SLC area.

ConradYJ95 03-15-2012 12:58 AM

Hey also just joined, im down in the American Fork area.

zmotorsports 03-18-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justanothermoparman (Post 2142053)
I just joined as well. I'm from the SLC area.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConradYJ95 (Post 2142087)
Hey also just joined, im down in the American Fork area.

Welcome guys. Maybe we can get a meet n' greet together sometime with some of us Utahns.

Mike.

CharTay 03-18-2012 04:34 PM

Hello! I'm from richfield guys really would be fun to have keeping buddies

CharTay 03-18-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharTay
Hello! I'm from richfield guys really would be fun to have keeping buddies

Sorry jeeping buddies haha

Justanothermoparman 03-19-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zmotorsports

Welcome guys. Maybe we can get a meet n' greet together sometime with some of us Utahns.

Mike.

Ya that would be cool. Just meet up with a few guys from another " JK " forum down at five mile on Sunday and we had a blast.

zmotorsports 03-19-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justanothermoparman (Post 2155937)
Ya that would be cool. Just meet up with a few guys from another " JK " forum down at five mile on Sunday and we had a blast.

I have wheeled with a few guys from that other JK-forum site as well. Great bunch of guys but I have been erased from that site because I wrench for a living. All of my posts were removed and I cannot get a response from the administration.

Oh well, we will just have to have our own meet & greets and have our own wheeling parties.

Mike.

CharTay 03-19-2012 03:21 PM

Is anyone from the southern parts if Utah?

Justanothermoparman 03-19-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zmotorsports

I have wheeled with a few guys from that other JK-forum site as well. Great bunch of guys but I have been erased from that site because I wrench for a living. All of my posts were removed and I cannot get a response from the administration.

Oh well, we will just have to have our own meet & greets and have our own wheeling parties.

Mike.

Do you wrench on wranglers?

SIXTI 03-20-2012 06:00 AM

Salt Lake City here.

zmotorsports 03-20-2012 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justanothermoparman (Post 2157796)
Do you wrench on wranglers?

Yes I do but I am not advertising or soliciting business on the forum.

Mike.

zmotorsports 03-20-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIXTI (Post 2159342)
Salt Lake City here.

Welcome to the forum.:wavey:

Mike.

nlowe660 03-27-2012 09:02 PM

Hey there Utahns. New JK owner here. I live in the Lehi area.

zmotorsports 03-28-2012 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlowe660 (Post 2189722)

Welcome. Don't be shy, join in on the conversations and post up some pics of your Jeep.

Mike.

Justanothermoparman 03-28-2012 08:50 AM

X-2 . Welcome to the forum. ;)

nlowe660 03-28-2012 04:34 PM

Thanks guys! I'll get some pics of the Jeep posted as soon as I'm back in town.

damndirtydog 03-28-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zmotorsports (Post 2156919)

Mike.

That's what I hear happens all the time on the "other forum". Wrangler forum seems to be more open minded. Guys have been thrown off "JK" for just mentioning the name of other forums, seems a bit infantile.
Currently living most of the time in Daytona, but have a place on the north end of Ogen for the past several years. Retiring next April and will be moving to Ut full time and building over in Eden next to Powder Mountain. Been wanting to bring the Jeep out, but the thought of 3 days each way on the highway in a Wrangler's not too appealing, not to mention 15 mpg highway.
A lot of sand and mud here in Florida to wheel in but not too exciting. Looking foreward to heading west next year!

jcf 03-28-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharTay (Post 2156957)
Is anyone from the southern parts if Utah?

:thumb: live in Moab & from way way south, Australia

zmotorsports 03-28-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damndirtydog (Post 2193190)
That's what I hear happens all the time on the "other forum". Wrangler forum seems to be more open minded. Guys have been thrown off "JK" for just mentioning the name of other forums, seems a bit infantile.
Currently living most of the time in Daytona, but have a place on the north end of Ogen for the past several years. Retiring next April and will be moving to Ut full time and building over in Eden next to Powder Mountain. Been wanting to bring the Jeep out, but the thought of 3 days each way on the highway in a Wrangler's not too appealing, not to mention 15 mpg highway.
A lot of sand and mud here in Florida to wheel in but not too exciting. Looking foreward to heading west next year!

You will have to let me know when you move back and we will have to go wheeling.

Eden is a pretty area by the way. We used to drive through there all the time heading to Monte Cristo when we snowmobiled. We still head over to Huntsville area a few times a year as my cousin is a member of the boat club and we take our motorhome over there a few times each summer. Beautiful area.

Mike.

damndirtydog 03-28-2012 06:37 PM

Thanks Mike, I will certainly look foreward to wheeling with you in the near future.
I was hoping we could break out of Ogden, and thanks to the crappy economy and dismal real estate market we were able to grab some land in the valley at an affordable price. There are a couple of really nice campgrounds in Huntsville and a little to the north in Liberty.

doclouie 03-29-2012 08:06 PM

I am from Northern Utah and have met up with some on the site that are locals to Moab. Great bunch on people. Even ran some trails with Barrie last summer.

zmotorsports 03-30-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doclouie (Post 2198072)
I am from Northern Utah and have met up with some on the site that are locals to Moab. Great bunch on people. Even ran some trails with Barrie last summer.

Great. I still think we ought to do a Meet & Greet one night somewhere locally or centrally located so we can get to know each other and show off our Jeeps, maybe plan a wheeling outing or something.

Mike.

Justanothermoparman 03-30-2012 01:09 PM

That sounds great. I'm down as long as I have don't have to travel to far. I'm in Salt Lake, so skyline drive above bountiful or fivemile works for me. Sorry but my wife isn't liking the fact that I'm so into this Jeeping biz. ;}

zmotorsports 03-30-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justanothermoparman (Post 2200535)
That sounds great. I'm down as long as I have don't have to travel to far. I'm in Salt Lake, so skyline drive above bountiful or fivemile works for me. Sorry but my wife isn't liking the fact that I'm so into this Jeeping biz. ;}

Oh you have got to talk her into going to Moab. My wife isn't as crazy about all of the off-roading as I am but she loves Moab. We always try to get into Arches to do some hiking and other sightseeing as long as we can hit a few trails each time we are there.

It seems to be a nice compromise.

I talked her into a full week in Ouray, Colorado in August. She even bought me the new 3rd edition Colorado 4WD and back country book for our trip.

Mike.

nlowe660 03-30-2012 04:25 PM

Hi Utah friends. I finally posted some pictures of my work in progress on my profile. If you see me around, wave!

Sherpa 04-01-2012 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlowe660 (Post 2189722)

Hey, another Lehi resident! What area of town are you in? I'm right near the Conoco at 1700 W Main Street.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zmotorsports (Post 2199584)
I still think we ought to do a Meet & Greet one night somewhere locally or centrally located so we can get to know each other and show off our Jeeps, maybe plan a wheeling outing or something.

I would be very willing to participate in such a gathering. The only downside for me will be scheduling it. As a car salesman (at Doug Smith Jeep in American Fork), I tend to put in some long hours.... Nevertheless, if I can make it to an event I will certainly do so. :thumb: