Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Spare tire cover - yay or nay? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/spare-tire-cover-yay-or-nay-133474.html)

Skribble 01-16-2012 12:57 PM

Spare tire cover - yay or nay?
 
Question on canvas spare tire covers. Do they actually keep road salt and other crap off the tire, or does it go right through the canvas material and just make it harder to clean off? Washed the new jeep yesterday after a longer road trip and there was a ton of salt spray on it, kind of a pain to clean it all off.

jay-1 01-16-2012 01:10 PM

I say nay . but i like my 35 inch BFG hanging on the back

kbwwolf 01-16-2012 01:47 PM

Naked is the only way to run. :D

Attachment 90265

denisbaldwin 01-16-2012 01:51 PM

I also say Nay. One thing I worry about is the effects of the Florida sun beating on the tire. Then again, I remedy this by taking my spare off every month and rotating it 180 degrees so the top gets some ground time and the bottom gets some sun time. Won't stop dryrot but at least I can prolong it a bit.

TJDave 01-16-2012 01:59 PM

Mine came with a cover over the stock spare tire.
I have never ran a cover on the Jeep since I bought larger tires years ago.

The stock cover is now used for the spare tire on my Jeep/car hauler. Fits perfect!

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...1322424972.jpg

IP0VV3R 01-16-2012 02:02 PM

If your gonna pay for new rims, you gotta show em off

Mulherin13 01-18-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf
Naked is the only way to run. :D

What are your rims? I like them :)

DougTimme 01-21-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP0VV3R (Post 1926929)
If your gonna pay for new rims, you gotta show em off

X2

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...mme/001-52.jpg

kjeeper10 01-21-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougTimme

X2

Those are beautiful. Way to expensive though :(

Fireslayer 01-21-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skribble (Post 1926649)
Question on canvas spare tire covers. Do they actually keep road salt and other crap off the tire, or does it go right through the canvas material and just make it harder to clean off? Washed the new jeep yesterday after a longer road trip and there was a ton of salt spray on it, kind of a pain to clean it all off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not necessarily opposed to the spare tire cover. I'm opposed to a dealer trying to bone me and then stick one on my jeep with their gawd awful logo plastered all over it so I can give him some free advertising as I drive around.

If it wasn't a bilboard for a dikhed I would have kept it. As a result, it went into the dumpster.

If there were a way to remove the lettering, I'd dig it out and give it a try.

1CrzyCelt 01-21-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf (Post 1926865)
Naked is the only way to run. :D

Attachment 90265

suppose, if you got some monstrous tire or something, but you can get a custom tire cover to further mod your Jeep too.

Owen_TJ 01-21-2012 10:07 PM

stock, i say yay...

bigger than stock or new rims...big nay

PeteH 01-22-2012 10:06 AM

Krylon or RustOleum Plastic Spray Paint in the color of your choice.... bye-bye dealer's logo.

EdCrbnSoul 01-22-2012 12:07 PM

Just got my 2012 on Wed. had the Dealer logo tire cover on it Wed night it was off and sitting in the corner of the Garage so I'm running naked tires. As soon as my plates come in the license plate frame with the dealer name on its a goner too. I'm not a rolling billboard.

IP0VV3R 01-22-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdCrbnSoul
Just got my 2012 on Wed. had the Dealer logo tire cover on it Wed night it was off and sitting in the corner of the Garage so I'm running naked tires. As soon as my plates come in the license plate frame with the dealer name on its a goner too. I'm not a rolling billboard.

That dealer license plate frame will give you a maintenance discount at most dealers


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 PM.