Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Pacific nw snow storm (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/pacific-nw-snow-storm-133880.html)

thebman90 01-18-2012 09:26 AM

Pacific nw snow storm
 
I hope everybody up there got out in this storm! Let's see some pics!!:popcorn:

Mr. Sinister 01-18-2012 10:03 AM

Last I heard from my cousin in Seattle is the "storm" is about 2-3 inches.

ChiefDan 01-18-2012 11:35 AM

My house has about 8" right now - Federal Way - about 30 min south of Downtown Seattle

woody2469 01-18-2012 01:04 PM

Buddy near Sea-Tac said 10" right now and still coming down. Used to live in Auburn for 5 years prior to moving here to Germany.

nwbronco 01-18-2012 01:22 PM

Over a foot here at my house. Pics soon. Still digging out the Jeeps right now.

Bob K.

ESP 01-18-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nwbronco (Post 1934593)
Over a foot here at my house. Pics soon. Still digging out the Jeeps right now.

Bob K.

Only need to clear one door to get in then let the jeep eat it's way out.

flyinion 01-18-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefDan (Post 1934237)
My house has about 8" right now - Federal Way - about 30 min south of Downtown Seattle

Hey I used to live there 6 years ago.

p.s. this thread is worthless without pics :D

ChiefDan 01-18-2012 02:05 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Pics

thebman90 01-18-2012 02:18 PM

Cheif Dan, Very cool!
Anyone else?

darkproximity 01-18-2012 02:28 PM

you have to understand they dont get much snow in the seattle area, and a LOT of drivers over there dont like driving in the snow.. i happened to be there years back when it did snow, and people were abandoning their cars on freeway offramps.. they dont want to chance driving in the snow..

we started getting snow here in spokane around 9am today, and we are under winter storm advisory until 4pm tomorrow.. probably have 2-3 inches accumulated now

filipinocracker 01-18-2012 02:35 PM

Not so Merry in Maryland:nonono: Dont think we will get any snow this year.

ChiefDan 01-18-2012 02:44 PM

Yeah - two issues here in the Seattle area:

1 - We don't get that much snow, so drivers are not familiar with driving in it, and municipalities don't spend much money preparing for it. When it does snow, it is gone in three days max, so nobody wants millions spent on plows and other preparation.

2 - Hills. Everybody in the flat Midwest/East likes to berate the PNW for the bad snow driving, but those same people driving on our sharp slopes here would be on the varsity fail team.

flyinion 01-18-2012 02:48 PM

I remember when I lived up there and commuted to work from Federal Way to Boeing in Everett for the afternoon/evening shift. When it would snow like that, I never had to worry about traffic because nobody was on the freeway lol.

71K5 01-18-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkproximity (Post 1934762)
you have to understand they dont get much snow in the seattle area, and a LOT of drivers over there dont like driving in the snow.. i happened to be there years back when it did snow, and people were abandoning their cars on freeway offramps.. they dont want to chance driving in the snow..

we started getting snow here in spokane around 9am today, and we are under winter storm advisory until 4pm tomorrow.. probably have 2-3 inches accumulated now

Have about 4-6 inches here in the CDA/Post Falls area.
Just waiting for a "lull" in the action to go and plow my driveway with my new for me in 2012 SnowsportHD 8' plow blade.
Sure beats trying to plow 180' driveway with a 4' blade on a quad.
Especially when the snow is 12" deep and wet.

Vroooom 01-18-2012 03:17 PM

Im moving to Seattle soon.

All this just makes me want to move there soonER.

Im sure yall get tired of it, but to a Texan it looks pretty cool.

PV1191 01-18-2012 03:24 PM

I'm in Marysville, about 45 minutes north of Seattle. Tuesday was the worst for us. I had over a foot of accumulation by the afternoon. Today added about 3 inches so far.

nwbronco 01-18-2012 04:56 PM

Here we go. As of this afternoon: Took neighbor to pick up husband. Could not get out of driveway. Took other neighbor to Starbucks with us. He could not get out of his driveway. Third neighbor tried getting out of driveway, got stuck, pulled her back into her driveway, told her no way. No pics of the action, but plenty of snow pics:

Mine and the missus rigs, in the drive... mine is on the left, sitting on 37's. Hers is on the right, sitting stock.

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/a...2/100_0281.jpg

The kid's rig....

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/a...2/100_0280.jpg



The girls having a little fun....

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/a...2/100_0304.jpg


The missus playing in the snow.


http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/a...2/100_0316.jpg

She sure is proud of her Rubi.

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/a...2/100_0318.jpg

Up Hill Bill 01-18-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nwbronco (Post 1935204)
Here we go. As of this afternoon: Took neighbor to pick up husband. Could not get out of driveway. Took other neighbor to Starbucks with us. He could not get out of his driveway. Third neighbor tried getting out of driveway, got stuck, pulled her back into her driveway, told her no way. No pics of the action, but plenty of snow pics:

Mine and the missus rigs, in the drive... mine is on the left, sitting on 37's. Hers is on the right, sitting stock.

Now THAT'S a Jeep family! :thumb:


And, that's the wettest snow I have ever seen!

nwbronco 01-18-2012 08:26 PM

Here's a family poser...

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/a...2/100_0327.jpg

nwbronco 01-19-2012 08:32 AM

Nothing melted and now has a coating of ice on top. Power outages are up in our region now.



Bob K.

woody2469 01-19-2012 11:50 AM

that's why when I lived in Auburn I had a BIG ASS generator, power was always going out. Had a 2-door 2006 Wrangler X then, was nice when we had the big ass snowstorm in 2008 I think it was, hundreds of cars abandoned on I-5, shut the area down for about a week.

Red Sahara 01-19-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nwbronco (Post 1935892)

Great family photo.

darkproximity 01-19-2012 02:35 PM

started snowing in spokane again, we've probably gotten another 3 inches.. city is keeping the snow corridors plowed very well..

OUTAGAS 01-19-2012 04:31 PM

Non stop snow here in N. Idaho. And I am having fun driving with stock JK sport tires and wheels...Only used 4wd on steep hills!

rockymountainhigh 01-19-2012 05:16 PM

Loved the pics...that's like any Monday morning around here in CO and not even a school delay :rofl:.

But I can appreciate the rarity of it all and love seeing the Jeeps in the snow! Rock on! Ted

darkproximity 01-19-2012 06:30 PM

went out with my buddy today and posted up on a bad intersection on a very hilly part of town and probably helped push 30 cars that were getting stuck.. had to winch one back onto the road.. fun times :) people who werent getting stuck were rolling down their windows thanking us and telling us we're awesome haha.. we ended up getting ten bucks from a chick driving a newer volvo.. told her how to turn traction control off so that she could actually GET traction..

OUTAGAS 01-19-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkproximity (Post 1938903)
went out with my buddy today and posted up on a bad intersection on a very hilly part of town and probably helped push 30 cars that were getting stuck.. had to winch one back onto the road.. fun times :) people who werent getting stuck were rolling down their windows thanking us and telling us we're awesome haha.. we ended up getting ten bucks from a chick driving a newer volvo.. told her how to turn traction control off so that she could actually GET traction..

Great Job! You guys are awesome!!!:punk::wavey:

darkproximity 01-20-2012 02:28 AM

Had a blast doing it too! we went back there tonight and helped a few more people..

OUTAGAS 01-20-2012 10:16 AM

Might head to Spokane (South Hill Trader Joes) today and see you guys!

OUTAGAS 01-20-2012 11:17 AM

Attachment 91251

My Babies!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 AM.