Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   WF New Member Check In (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/)
-   -   Hello from Houston (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/hello-from-houston-13450.html)

Sahara02 11-25-2007 09:18 AM

Hello from Houston

I just bought my first Jeep last week. I love my Jeep and have been driving it everywhere, but I can't wait for it to stop raining so I can take it camping. I bought an '02 Sahara, HT, IL 6, AT. AFAIK everthing is the same as the day she was born. I am itching to start modifying, but I'm not sure where to start. My short list runs something like: lift, bigger tires, front and rear bumpers, overhead rack, wench, and rhinoguard the floors. This is my everyday car, and its main off road will be camping related. I really want to start with the lift. Should I do a body lift or suspension lift? And will I look like an a-hole if I don't get bigger tires at the same time?

White93ARB 11-25-2007 12:47 PM

Welcome to the board! I'm still pretty much a newb, too, but just a post whore newb.

Texapple 11-28-2007 09:19 PM

welcome to WF

The questions depends on what your plans are: how high to you want to go R/T the tire size you want. Body lift recommendations are no more than an 1", you have a selection of spacers to put on your springs to add a little height or you can go with longer springs. Research, research and do some more research and remember everyone has an opinion.

crafty 11-28-2007 10:15 PM

Welcome to the site :wavey:

I sunk money in suspension lift, axles and tires first.

bryan93yj 11-28-2007 10:47 PM

welcome

jjseel 11-30-2007 02:34 AM

Welcome! Go suspension lift, then get your tires. Who the heck cares what people think, if you are making a better JEEP! ;) Most of us can't afford to do it all at once. Glad to see yet another Texan!

Dare2BSquare 11-30-2007 07:21 AM

Rain stops you from camping?

Welcome wimpy new guy. :D:D:D

canoeman71 12-31-2007 03:33 PM

FNG here

Just wanted to chime in- this is my first post. Sahara02 is an A-hole whether he lifts that jeep or not, believe me, I know!

Just bought an '05 Rubicon LJ - she is my dream car. Now I just need to find more money.

scotiez 12-31-2007 03:46 PM

Welcome to the site.

Andy R 01-01-2008 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canoeman71 (Post 177045)
Just wanted to chime in- this is my first post. Sahara02 is an A-hole whether he lifts that jeep or not, believe me, I know!

Dude, what's up with this comment? It's really not the coolest first post you can chime in with. Maybe we are missing something?

orange05tj 01-01-2008 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy R (Post 177242)
Dude, what's up with this comment? It's really not the coolest first post you can chime in with. Maybe we are missing something?

I was just thinking that. Not a good way to start off. Plus he called his Rubicon "my dream car". :doh: Not good. Anyway, Welcome to the forum. :wavey: I would start with a suspension lift, bigger tires and then you can add a 1" body lift. Since your going to be camping with it alot, might want to look into a winch. you'll be suprised how usefull it will be.

canoeman71 01-01-2008 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange05tj (Post 177246)
I was just thinking that. Not a good way to start off. Plus he called his Rubicon "my dream car". :doh: Not good. Anyway, Welcome to the forum. :wavey: I would start with a suspension lift, bigger tires and then you can add a 1" body lift. Since your going to be camping with it alot, might want to look into a winch. you'll be suprised how usefull it will be.

sorry to be confusing- I actually know the guy pretty well- he'd know it was a joke