Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Backseat headrest. Spoiler inside! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/backseat-headrest-spoiler-inside-134585.html)

New2012JEEP 01-21-2012 04:52 PM

Backseat headrest. Spoiler inside!
 
Not sure what idiot invented this, but there are 2 buttons on the backseat headrests.... One on the outside, one on the inside, very recessed :facepalm:

I found out the hard way. Big Whoops! on the 2nd photo

NJeepChic 01-21-2012 05:00 PM

I had the same problem.

Will be showing dealer when I go in for oil change.

New2012JEEP 01-21-2012 05:02 PM

Once I figured out about the other button, other side just slid right out nice and smooth. You can see it on the top picture, top piece, it is a long thing that doesn't even appear to be a button...but it is.

strider_mt2k 01-21-2012 05:55 PM

Not applicable to JKU.

New2012JEEP 01-21-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strider_mt2k (Post 1945938)
Not applicable to JKU.

Grrrr:D

ediposucio 01-25-2012 07:17 PM

Someone should link this thread to the one where the student asks about ways to improve the wrangler's design. I would do it, but i don't know how...

InfernoGirl 01-25-2012 07:21 PM

Yeah, I did that... :( Just poke it back in the hole, it's all good.

bengen1 01-26-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfernoGirl
Yeah, I did that... :( Just poke it back in the hole, it's all good.

That's what she said!!! Badump
Dump..tssss

GREEN-MACHINE 01-26-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfernoGirl (Post 1960936)
Yeah, I did that... :( Just poke it back in the hole, it's all good.

pg-13 pg-13 pg-13 pg-13 pg-13 pg-13 pg-13 pg-13...

Gilliskhan 01-26-2012 04:39 PM

Nice, didn't think they came out.

schnutzy 01-26-2012 06:17 PM

i dont see what the hold up is....
lots of vehicles are like that....
first button lets you adjust the height of the headrest, and second is so you dont accidently pull it all the way out as you are trying to adjust it going down the road..

C.L. 01-26-2012 06:46 PM

Back... seat...? Wassat?

bcbud 01-26-2012 06:48 PM

My 2012 JKU has the same setup

J708 01-26-2012 07:48 PM

Before even opening this thread I knew what the problem is gonna be. I snapped mine 30 mins after I got the car cause the head rests couldn't let me see anything in the back! God, did I keep pulling until the head rest flew off and I almost hurt my self! But then it snapped right back in. Was gonna be Suuuper pissed off if I had broken something in the car on the first few minutes of purchase.

Ballandchain 01-26-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GREEN-MACHINE (Post 1963284)
pg-13 pg-13 pg-13 pg-13 pg-13 pg-13 pg-13 pg-13...

LOL, someone with "I miss hallucinogenic" on there profile is telling someone to keep it PG-13. Oh the irony......:angel:

schnutzy 01-26-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballandchain (Post 1964775)
LOL, someone with "I miss hallucinogenic" on there profile is telling someone to keep it PG-13. Oh the irony......:angel:

he is telling himself to keep it PG-13 :whistling:

Ballandchain 01-26-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schnutzy (Post 1964780)
he is telling himself to keep it PG-13 :whistling:

Ahhhhhh :thumb:

Terex 01-26-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballandchain (Post 1964775)
LOL, someone with "I miss hallucinogenic" on there profile is telling someone to keep it PG-13. Oh the irony......:angel:

And I kept looking for Page 13....


;)

New2012JEEP 01-26-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schnutzy (Post 1964346)
i dont see what the hold up is....
lots of vehicles are like that....
first button lets you adjust the height of the headrest, and second is so you dont accidently pull it all the way out as you are trying to adjust it going down the road..


Never had a car with the headrest designed like the 2 door back seat ones, that's for sure.

schnutzy 01-26-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New2012JEEP (Post 1964982)
Never had a car with the headrest designed like the 2 door back seat ones, that's for sure.

my last 4 all had that set up....
same with the 2 my parents currently have....
my old work pick up did too...


something that confuses me is, yall push the obvious button, the headrest comes up and stops. so you just pull on it harder and harder until it breaks and pops out.

wouldnt it make sense to stop and look it over to see what it is catching on and keeping it from coming out? :confused:
that is how i figured out this set up on my old 89 taurus....

New2012JEEP 01-26-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schnutzy (Post 1965021)
my last 4 all had that set up....
same with the 2 my parents currently have....
my old work pick up did too...


something that confuses me is, yall push the obvious button, the headrest comes up and stops.

No, it doesn't come up at all pushing the obvious one. It is cushioned so well downard, you can't see there is another button, and the recessed one, you would normally feel for on the "outside" of the other post, then to find out after you break it off, it is hard to push, and hidden.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.