Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Where can I get the best deal on OME springs? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/where-can-i-get-the-best-deal-on-ome-springs-134970.html)

Cons_Table 01-23-2012 11:55 AM

Where can I get the best deal on OME springs?

Hey guys,

So Ive got some extra cash and feel that I should spend it on more important parts rather than the "fun" parts. I have come to the conclusion that it should probably be on new springs all around. Here are my reasonings...

*When I bought my "lift kit" I did not know any better what was good and what was not (this was before I discovered the forum). I bought a skyjacker kit, which honestly has held up decent for me, but I have realized there are better products on the market.

*I DO have a lifetime warranty on my springs, shocks, and bushings...however the policy they tried to tell me on my springs kind of pushed me away.

This makes me think I should get some new springs. I am thinking I want the TJ heavy duty rate for the rear since I have a camper I tow, but I am not quite sure what I want for the front yet.

So my questions...
Is OME the way to go for new springs?
What rates should I go for...front and rear?
If OME...whos the best person to go through?

I currently have a 2.5" lift, so I am assuming I should get new 2.5" springs...

Ageless Stranger 01-23-2012 12:07 PM

Call Dirk at DPG off road. Great guy to do business with. I'm about to replace my fron OME coils with the heavier ones since I've added ~100 lbs to the front bumper.

Cons_Table 01-23-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger (Post 1952004)
Call Dirk at DPG off road. Great guy to do business with. I'm about to replace my fron OME coils with the heavier ones since I've added ~100 lbs to the front bumper.

Thats the guy! I knew I heard his name around here but couldnt remember who it was. How long have you had your coils? Have you had any sagging with them?

Ageless Stranger 01-23-2012 12:17 PM

I put my lift on just over a year ago. At the time I did not have a winch, and he shipped me the proper springs for that setup.

Then I swapped in an 8.8, which jacked the rear end up due to the larger tube diameter of the axle housing. So I put a 3/4" spacer in the front. This helped but didn't level it back out. Now that I have installed the winch on the front is is very noticably raked. I called him and he said I needed the other coils now.

To answer your question, I can't say for sure how much it has sagged since so much else has changed on it in the last year.

Cons_Table 01-23-2012 12:37 PM

Haha fair enough. I also have an 8.8...so that was something I was going to ask him about. I was thinking that putting a HD spring in the rear may set the rear end higher than a standard spring. So I didnt know if there was something we could do with a longer spring or a stiffer spring in the front to even out/compensate for that. Sounds like calling him is the best plan haha