Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

grab handle recommendations?

35K views 69 replies 41 participants last post by  flyinion 
#1 ·
Are any of them any better than the others? They all seem to be a similar design, just different prices. I turned up a bunch of posts with people saying they installed "X" brand of them, but not really any reviews.

#4 ·
I have Raingler grab handles. www.raingler.com
The price was good and I like how the entire wrap around is a cuff as opposed to straps. This is a stronger method IMO.
On our TJ's my daughter has the Rainglers and I have some unknown brand. I would highly recommend the Rainglers as well. I will likely replace mine with Raingler at some point as I don't really trust them as much when actually using them to support some of my weight.

#3 ·
I just got the Quadratec wrap around ones. They seem sturdy. The problem is that they are too far toward the middle of the bar. I have to maneuver my head around my arm every time I get in or out using them. The bill of my baseball cap also hits them if I look to the left while driving. Something that mounts at the front corner would work much better for me.

#5 ·
Personally, I went for the Rugged Ridge bolt-ons for the sound bar and windshield pillars. (can't do better than bolting on)
I like the cuff concept better for the handles if you are wrapping them. It spreads the holding force out better.

#9 ·
Thanks guys I'll look at those :)

#16 ·
Some bolt on options

I think these above look cool LINK -->Poly Performance JEEP/ Jeep JK, TJ, LJ, YJ Grab Handles. They require a bit of cutting and I wonder if that would cause some leak issues.

Below is a picture of some rugged ridge ones that I found HERE the picture link comes from www.autotrucktoys.com I cannot find them on the rugged ridge or autotrucktoys.com site. I think they must have been discontinued.

#17 ·
Yeah something like that 2nd picture would be awesome. The metal ones in the first aren't bad, but yeah I'm looking for "bolt" on not cut and fab to fit and hope you don't screw anything up.

I think these above look cool LINK -->Poly Performance JEEP/ Jeep JK, TJ, LJ, YJ Grab Handles. They require a bit of cutting and I wonder if that would cause some leak issues.

Below is a picture of some rugged ridge ones that I found HERE the picture link comes from www.autotrucktoys.com I cannot find them on the rugged ridge or autotrucktoys.com site. I think they must have been discontinued.

#19 ·
The Jeep-branded strap-style ones are still useful though.
I have one keeping a blanket rolled up in my oh sh17 kit.

(Didn't really NEED the carry handle for a blanket per se, but it works for keeping it wrapped up tight.)

#20 ·
I just went with the Surprise Straps today, im psyched. The Mopar ones unfortunately hang too far towards the middle of the cabin

#24 · (Edited)
I like my Smittybilt handles. The front ones attach with 3 straps and I can place them anywhere I like on the bar. The velcro straps are plenty secure; my wife can put her whole weight on the handle (I'm afraid to try that one, though; I'm a little heavier:whistling:) The rear ones utilize factory holes in the bar, and are placed in a good location.

#30 ·
Well I think I'm down to Safari or the SurpriseStraps. I think I'm gonna have to take a look inside and see what I think is going to work best. The Surprise ones with the front A pillar mounting seems to be an excellent position for helping people get in the seat which is what I'm after the handles for more than for something to hold onto off road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.