Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Tires & Wheels (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/)
-   -   Speedometer question (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/speedometer-question-136580.html)

Jeeperforever 01-31-2012 06:45 AM

Speedometer question

I've heard many rumors about this but i don't know if it's true. I'm about to put a 4" lift, 37" tires, and a 6.1l hemi in my 2011 jeep wrangler unlimited Rubicon and I heard that your dash will read wrong with all those parts on it. Is it true that your dash could say your going 50mph but really going 60mph? Please help

kbwwolf 01-31-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeperforever (Post 1979004)
I've heard many rumors about this but i don't know if it's true. I'm about to put a 4" lift, 37" tires, and a 6.1l hemi in my 2011 jeep wrangler unlimited Rubicon and I heard that your dash will read wrong with all those parts on it. Is it true that your dash could say your going 50mph but really going 60mph? Please help

Yup, it's the truth. You can ask the tire shop if they can flash your Jeep to fix the discrepancy...some will, some won't.

Or you can buy an AEV Procal for $150 and do it yourself. The Procal will also allow you to adjust the sensitivity of your TPMS sensors, if you keep em, and turn off the warning light and chime if you don't. And it'll allow you to adjust to a higher idle speed when running a winch (if you've got an auto). And change the shift points on an auto after installing bigger tires, etc.

Handy little gizmo.

Get one here:

ProCal Module - Electronics - Shop By Category

Jeeperforever 02-01-2012 08:53 PM

So let's say they flash it, will my problem be fixed from there and the speedometer will read right without any further problems?

Jeeperforever 02-01-2012 08:56 PM

I'll ask them to flash it but if they don't I'll get the programmer! I read about it and it sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. Only one little newby question, will there be a setting on the programmer that will automatically change the speedometer once I plug It in or will I have to manually do that

kbwwolf 02-01-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeperforever (Post 1985140)
So let's say they flash it, will my problem be fixed from there and the speedometer will read right without any further problems?

If they (or the dealer) will flash it, your speedo will be good. :thumb:

kbwwolf 02-01-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeperforever (Post 1985157)
I'll ask them to flash it but if they don't I'll get the programmer! I read about it and it sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. Only one little newby question, will there be a setting on the programmer that will automatically change the speedometer once I plug It in or will I have to manually do that

Photo and instructions in post #11:

Computer programmer

N39-W120 02-01-2012 10:12 PM

AND!, We want to see some PIX of the build

Jeeperforever 02-02-2012 06:58 PM

Thanks so much! And I'll try to get some pictures up soon! It'll be a monster