Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   customizing (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/customizing-136924.html)

golfrek4 02-01-2012 05:16 PM

customizing

I just got my 08 Sahara and was wondering what to put on it. I want to spend around 750$ total (initially), and I've already put taillight guards on. I don't want to lift it yet, but I am open to anything else. Give me some suggestions!

strider_mt2k 02-01-2012 05:46 PM

Honestly, start small with a pizza and a 6-pack of your favorite beverage and spend some time reading about your areas of interest on the forum and you'll be getting off to a great start.

Other than that, your experience will tell you what you really need.
Get in and go do the things you dreamed of! (within reason)

I and many others started with creature comfort/protection stuff like good floor mats (if you wheel you will be getting back in dirty) or a set of speakers for the soundbar, that kind of thing.

Avoid frustration and plan what you are doing when you can as much as you can.

Sorry, other guys will throw hardware lists at you. I'm not that guy.
EDIT

yet

kbwwolf 02-01-2012 06:00 PM

Good advice.

Now here's the hardware list: :D

Cheapest, Coolest Mods!
Aftermarket short antenna??
Best 2012 JK Floor Liners?
grab handle recommendations?
Safari Straps
JK4D | SpiderWebShade.com
JK Tuffy Conceal Carry Underseat Security Drawer for Jeep Wrangler, JK
Quadratec Floor Liners for Jeep Wrangler - Quadratec
Susquehanna MotorSports - High Performance Vehicle Lighting and Competition Accessories

strider_mt2k 02-01-2012 06:13 PM

See? HE'S that guy, he knows.
I don't know yet so I try to come off all Yoda when I'm still just Luke in a Landspeeder. ;)

mjf232 02-01-2012 06:49 PM

It all depends on what ur into. There's just so much out there too. I'd recommend a hoist-a-top if you have a hard top and go to Lowes/Home Depot and buy 2 $10 L-brackets that mount in the garage and will hold up to 50lbs for your doors. These will come in handy when summer rolls around.

Google or search on here Racor Lift System for the hoist a top. Its a great system that a few on here have already, and I ordered. You can get it on amazon or ebay for about $100.

golfrek4 02-01-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjf232 (Post 1984646)
It all depends on what ur into. There's just so much out there too. I'd recommend a hoist-a-top if you have a hard top and go to Lowes/Home Depot and buy 2 $10 L-brackets that mount in the garage and will hold up to 50lbs for your doors. These will come in handy when summer rolls around.

Google or search on here Racor Lift System for the hoist a top. Its a great system that a few on here have already, and I ordered. You can get it on amazon or ebay for about $100.

I was actually looking at one of those, but I think I might get a bikini top for the summer instead of having to deal with the hard top.

kbwwolf 02-01-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strider_mt2k (Post 1984529)
See? HE'S that guy, he knows.
I don't know yet so I try to come off all Yoda when I'm still just Luke in a Landspeeder. ;)

I daresay your advice was better than my list. :thumb:

Although most peeps just want the list.