Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   Mojave Road Question (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/mojave-road-question-137303.html)

BDOEDEN 02-03-2012 02:33 PM

Mojave Road Question
 
Hello to all you California Jeepers, I am planning a Mojave Road trip in couple of months do you guys and gals recommend doing it in 2 days or 3 days? Next question can you just camp along the road any where or do you have to camp in designated camp grounds. This will be my first time and was wondering what to expect. :thumb:

yomondo 02-03-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDOEDEN (Post 1990908)
do you guys and gals recommend doing it in 2 days or 3 days?

I prefer three days. It's more relaxing, and gives you time to make a lot of the stops along the way. Especially for your first time, you don't want to just blow right through it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDOEDEN (Post 1990908)
can you just camp along the road any where or do you have to camp in designated camp grounds.

If your group is small enough, you can camp pretty much anywhere you find a spot. If your group is large enough that you have to file for a permit, they tell you where to camp.

Take a look at this thread.
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/moj...-a-115695.html
It has waypoints for a few camping options. There are also links to a few gps tracks that you might find helpful.

91badass 02-03-2012 04:19 PM

ya 2.5 to 3 days is good... ive done it twice and the 1st time we went so fast that when it was over i was pissed. the second time we started mid day friday from the Avi, and got to the I-15 about 3pm on sunday. Afton canyon is awsome and also the lava tubes are worth the small detour.

BDOEDEN 02-03-2012 09:13 PM

Thanks guys I should probably buy the Mojave road guide and map

Landshark 02-07-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDOEDEN
Hello to all you California Jeepers, I am planning a Mojave Road trip in couple of months do you guys and gals recommend doing it in 2 days or 3 days? Next question can you just camp along the road any where or do you have to camp in designated camp grounds. This will be my first time and was wondering what to expect. :thumb:

How far do you really want to go? Buy the guide for sure. I ran with a group that used this as a proving ground and poker run in jeeps of all types we always ended our trip in Nevada with a Saturday evening there. I don't know about spring time because it was always our July August run to sort out the men from the boys lol! Typical trip was 4 days lots of great place to see and fun places to stretch out the throttle to see if you had a real desert rat!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 PM.