Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Land Use Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f116/)
-   -   Access denied - Closing our Forests (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f116/access-denied-closing-our-forests-137336.html)

EddMc 02-03-2012 05:05 PM

Access denied - Closing our Forests
 
Access Denied - Closing Our Forests.flv - YouTube

EddMc 02-04-2012 10:22 AM

[youtube]0kUhLMi97dg[/youtube]

The Toolman 02-04-2012 04:54 PM

Thank You EddMc.

This needs to be posted again & again & again as many places as possible. People need to be aware of all the Un-American & Un-Constitutional acts, such as this, our government & government agencies are trying to do. We all need to be aware & stand up for what is right !!!!!! :VERY-SERIOUS-FACE:

shrekfx 02-12-2012 08:09 AM

Great and informative video. I know here in South Dakota in the Hills you get to a road that a map says open, but the gate will be closed saying it's closed. That kinda sucks.

One thing I dont like is that he used porn music.

BAP 02-12-2012 05:29 PM

this is another reason i want to turn my land into a 4wheelen playground and to keep it clean and safe for family wheelen ( no closed gates)..and just plain ole just for fun competions..

Tread Lightly 03-15-2012 04:24 PM

Very informative video.

However, I urge people to take the comparison to fire management with caution.

I have personally worked on a fire crew. While there is very little that is low impact about mechanical thinning (the conditions in that video are legitimate), the health of the forest after a burn cycle and a couple of winters is a far improvement over previous conditions.

Just a .02

That said, please Tread Lightly! by staying on those designated routes and do your part by being involved in the management of your local recreation opportunities.

RadarRob2012 03-26-2012 02:42 PM

Strong stuff. I live in SoCal, and every time I go wheeling I pass by multitudes of roads closed by the USFS. All I can say is Tread Lightly on what we have left, or we won't have anywhere to wheel.

Tommyfly 03-28-2012 01:53 PM

Man, where I live in socal I don't have anywhere to wheel. I live right up against a range of hills, but the nearest place to access them is a 15 minute drive on the freeway. Kinda rediculous

Rubicondon53 04-08-2012 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Toolman
Thank You EddMc.

This needs to be posted again & again & again as many places as possible. People need to be aware of all the Un-American & Un-Constitutional acts, such as this, our government & government agencies are trying to do. We all need to be aware & stand up for what is right !!!!!! :VERY-SERIOUS-FACE:

Your point is well taken, and in general I agree with your position. I too, want to have access to public lands for myself, and my grandchildren.. I do not want to be herded into a tour shuttle, and have no choice, except to be a windshield tourist. Unfortunately, it is not " un American " nor is it un constitutional. If we, as the off- road community, accuse well intended fellow citizens of being "Un-American", because they have a different world view, that just makes our community sound like a bunch of illiterate rednecks.. One sure way to loose any debate, is to accuse the other side of being something less of a citizen than you are. I and many others, understand our oppositions point of view. I just disagree with them, as do many others. I am also optimistic that we will eventually prevail. I see evidence of this with our state forest system here in Pennsylvania.. More trails are opening up, the gates are beginning to come down.. Put up the good fight, those folks are just as much pro America as we are..

GREEN-MACHINE 04-08-2012 07:22 PM

FML, well we just lost another trail here in mass, now were down to 3 trails.

NHrubicon 04-09-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GREEN-MACHINE (Post 2234553)
FML, well we just lost another trail here in mass, now were down to 3 trails.

What did we lose in Mass? I haven't heard of one through ENH. Usually somebody is watching the surrounding areas.:eek:

mckey73 04-09-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubicondon53 (Post 2232779)
Your point is well taken, and in general I agree with your position. I too, want to have access to public lands for myself, and my grandchildren.. I do not want to be herded into a tour shuttle, and have no choice, except to be a windshield tourist. Unfortunately, it is not " un American " nor is it un constitutional. If we, as the off- road community, accuse well intended fellow citizens of being "Un-American", because they have a different world view, that just makes our community sound like a bunch of illiterate rednecks.. One sure way to loose any debate, is to accuse the other side of being something less of a citizen than you are. I and many others, understand our oppositions point of view. I just disagree with them, as do many others. I am also optimistic that we will eventually prevail. I see evidence of this with our state forest system here in Pennsylvania.. More trails are opening up, the gates are beginning to come down.. Put up the good fight, those folks are just as much pro America as we are..


:thumb::D:thumb:

GREEN-MACHINE 04-09-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHrubicon (Post 2236231)
What did we lose in Mass? I haven't heard of one through ENH. Usually somebody is watching the surrounding areas.:eek:

apparently we lost huntington, i heard last night it was closed.

NMRubicon 07-25-2012 10:56 PM

Over half of the trails in the Lincoln National Forest in NM have been locked down, our forest is over grown, with 4 to 5 times the number of trees per acre than the water table can support. The "Friends of the Forest" group here would apparently rather see it all burn down rather than allow the intelligent management of the forest, and the abilty for all to share in this 800,000 acre resource. In my opinion, much of the destructive behavior I see can be attributed to too many people trying to utilize what few trails there are left, so many just say screw it and go make more ammunition for the anti's by tearing up a meadow, or creating a new trail. If they would open it up, and give us all some room, I think much of this attitude would die out. Even the 4 wheeler trails are being closed at a rapid rate.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 AM.