Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   Tierra Del Sol, who's going? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/tierra-del-sol-whos-going-137549.html)

Xjman1 02-04-2012 07:11 PM

Tierra Del Sol, who's going?

Almost here and what a great event for all skill levels. I am counting down the days and it can not get here fast enough. 50th. Anniversary event so I am sure the club is going to go all out, I know they are planning fireworks which should be cool in the dark desert sky.

Kota7x 02-04-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xjman1
Almost here and what a great event for all skill levels. I am counting down the days and it can not get here fast enough. 50th. Anniversary event so I am sure the club is going to go all out, I know they are planning fireworks which should be cool in the dark desert sky.

:wavey: Im going!

MNTNGOAT 02-05-2012 05:25 AM

I think i know what your talkin about down at truckhaven rght? When is it? And is it just. One day event? Is there any sort of registering or can i jist show up?

Kota7x 02-05-2012 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNTNGOAT
I think i know what your talkin about down at truckhaven rght? When is it? And is it just. One day event? Is there any sort of registering or can i jist show up?

Truckhaven -yes
When - March (I believe)
Its a weekend long event with most of it happening on Saturday. And yes you can just show up

crawlin78 02-05-2012 09:02 AM

Where is truck haven ?

Xjman1 02-05-2012 02:10 PM

March 2-4th. One of the largest events around and an awesome place to wheel. More info and registration can be found on their site, tds4x4. Tierra Del Sol - Four Wheel Drive Club of San Diego

I went last year for the first time to the event and it is a calendar event for me now. As for location it is just outside of Salton City.

Landshark 02-07-2012 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xjman1

I am in this year! This is always the best desert trip this year I am taking the weekend off and making it a 4 day special!

Landshark 02-07-2012 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNTNGOAT

Coop you gotta go will party at Ironwood if you want to book rooms there if you want to stay in desert in a tent cool but the runs are great truck haven is always open trails for TDS take the local club to get permission from the tribe!

TheDesertOutlaw 02-12-2012 12:01 AM

If I go, I will register and attend the run. BTW, Its better to not just "show Up" and not pay since TDS and Cal4Wheel provide legal defense to fight land closures and land grabs. "Showing Up" and not paying entrance fees don't help towards this larger purpose.

Fred1 02-12-2012 09:52 AM

Desert Outlaw, The fee you pay is not an entrance fee. You pay to go on the runs. Showing up is fine. If you don't do a run you can make a donation to TDS, that is what I do when I arrive. If you are going on one of the runs make sure you have a first aid kit and fire extinguisher. They inspect your vehicle and issue a sticker if you pass. It is huge event and a lot of fun. I could spend the whole day just watching the people at the training area. See you there.

TheDesertOutlaw 02-13-2012 12:30 PM

The problem is, most people who do, "Just show Up" don't bother to make donations, and their fun is at the expense of Tierra Del Sol 4WD Club. I sat in many Cal4Wheel meetings with their delegate and they expressed dismay at the number of attendees vs. those who "paid".

Jerry Bransford 02-24-2012 08:37 PM

I am not sure if I'll go or not but probably not. I'd love to but dang I just paid $4.13/gallon for gas tonight and that's a lot of extra $$$ it'd cost to make that long of a drive. With the upcoming WF M&G, I'll probably skip TDS (it's REAL crowded anyway) and finish some work at the house so I can make the M&G with a clear conscience.

Xjman1 02-24-2012 10:42 PM

Your in Escondido, I have a drive from Ventura County. I have been limiting my travels for this trip as it is a do not miss event for me. Yeah it is crowded but that is half the fun watching all the variations of rigs and drivers.

myfirstwrangler 02-26-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford (Post 2071452)
I am not sure if I'll go or not but probably not. I'd love to but dang I just paid $4.13/gallon for gas tonight and that's a lot of extra $$$ it'd cost to make that long of a drive. With the upcoming WF M&G, I'll probably skip TDS (it's REAL crowded anyway) and finish some work at the house so I can make the M&G with a clear conscience.

I hear ya on that, I just paid $4.39! Its insane!

Xjman1 02-27-2012 02:55 PM

Cost me $68 to fill up yesterday!!! This is going to be one of my last trips for a while.

JPi1 03-02-2012 08:40 PM

I'm here! The wind stopped and it's awesome!

BillG.OTD 03-02-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPi1 (Post 2096549)
I'm here! The wind stopped and it's awesome!

Thats great Stan! I havent been down there, so how about a full report? :popcorn: BTW, Is that your motorhome? Nice! roughing it huh??

JPi1 03-02-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillG.OTD

Thats great Stan! I havent been down there, so how about a full report? :popcorn: BTW, Is that your motorhome? Nice! roughing it huh??

Bill you should be here! I'll get some great videos and pics for the forum tomorrow.

Kota7x 03-03-2012 08:41 AM

Ill be at the training area watching the carnage. :)

Jerry Bransford 03-03-2012 06:24 PM

Is the wind still down? A friend from Off Road Warehouse said big winds blew their parts & accessories display tent down Friday morning and created a big mess for them.

Kota7x 03-03-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford
Is the wind still down? A friend from Off Road Warehouse said big winds blew their parts & accessories display tent down Friday morning and created a big mess for them.

The weather was perfect 70s and a small breeze

JPi1 03-03-2012 09:35 PM

It was perfect weather today!

JPi1 03-04-2012 08:29 AM

We drove out to split top mountain canyon last night before dinner, spectacular place! For those of you that have never been to this TDS event, it's a must do next year!

JPi1 03-04-2012 08:51 AM

The fireworks show was like 4th of July, we could see and hear it from hwy 78. The vendor area was much bigger than previous years. I stay at the Blu-inn RV park off the 78, very nice and clean rv park, full hook ups, nice pool and spa, (which felt nice after Wheelin all day) a small store, gas station and cafe on site. We take cahuilla trail to crossover trail to the event, takes about an hour with a few picture stops. We should get a wrangler forum group for next year. Good times!

JPi1 03-04-2012 03:57 PM

More TDS pics:

suicideking 03-04-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPi1 (Post 2102137)
More TDS pics:

Looks like a lot of fun! I'll have to go next year.

Any other good events coming up (besides the meet in 3 weeks)?

JPi1 03-04-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suicideking

Looks like a lot of fun! I'll have to go next year.

Any other good events coming up (besides the meet in 3 weeks)?

Big bear forest fest is really a good time, june 14, 15, 16. Register early!

schoonover 03-04-2012 08:53 PM

I went had a blast still need to save for parts

JPi1 03-04-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schoonover
I went had a blast still need to save for parts

Where did you stay Jess?

schoonover 03-05-2012 07:44 AM

5 Attachment(s)
We stayed down by the lake with some buddys

Attachment 102350