Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   Big Bear - 3/3 Anybody? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/big-bear-3-3-anybody-138278.html)

RubiDubiDoo 02-07-2012 11:15 PM

Big Bear - 3/3 Anybody?
 
Looking for any groups or activities going on in Big Bear on March 3, Saturday? Me and a buddy are going up to goof off... So that's two guys and two jeeps - looking for a plan.

Any ideas?

Is Gold Mountain open in the winter?

BillG.OTD 02-08-2012 10:12 AM

I might be up for that, we hit that trail a few weeks back and probably hitting it on feb
18th. (join us) I will see hoiw it looks when it gets closer...

JPi1 02-08-2012 10:28 AM

I'm usually up for a big bear run but that's Tierra del sol at truck haven. Maybe next time.

BillG.OTD 02-08-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPi1 (Post 2006696)
I'm usually up for a big bear run but that's Tierra del sol at truck haven. Maybe next time.

Oh yeah....forgot about that...I dont know if Im going to Truck Haven yet, but need to look into it. Looks pretty cool....

suicideking 02-08-2012 03:49 PM

Come with us on 2/18!

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/who...-a-136657.html

RubiDubiDoo 02-08-2012 10:50 PM

That sounds like fun!!! I have a great possiblility of having to work that weekend :(
But I'll quisi commit as a slight chance of maybe haha

Definitely up there on 3/3 ;)

BeantownR6 02-09-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubiDubiDoo (Post 2005807)
Looking for any groups or activities going on in Big Bear on March 3, Saturday? Me and a buddy are going up to goof off... So that's two guys and two jeeps - looking for a plan.

Any ideas?

Is Gold Mountain open in the winter?

i was thinking of heading up that weekend and camping and running holcomb. gold mountin is open but ive done that trail the past 2 times ive been there.....

MNTNGOAT 02-09-2012 04:33 PM

if i dont go to truckhaven that weekend ide be up dishpan.

BillG.OTD 02-09-2012 06:19 PM

It sounds like the TDS event is pretty cool, with a big group run on Saturday and a ton of vendors. I would actually like to wheel the area sometime as I havent been down there. Its on my to do list, but I think I would rather spend the day on the mountain...and I havent been through Dishpan in quite some time...so im in.

Event Information

Xjman1 02-11-2012 05:33 PM

I like me some Big Bear and been dying to go up and fish, but have TDS booked, paid for and counting down days. They are having a huge raffle and I hope lady luck is with me this year.

gladiator6150 02-21-2012 01:34 PM

I camped out in holcomb valley last weekend, it was cold with the snow. Gold Mtn was open, I'm down to go the 3rd with you to do that trail!

BeantownR6 02-21-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gladiator6150 (Post 2057818)
I camped out in holcomb valley last weekend, it was cold with the snow. Gold Mtn was open, I'm down to go the 3rd with you to do that trail!

im going to camp there 3/2-3/4. how much snow is up there now?

if anyone wants to hit up the holcomb trail let me know.

BillG.OTD 02-21-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeantownR6 (Post 2058572)
im going to camp there 3/2-3/4. how much snow is up there now?

if anyone wants to hit up the holcomb trail let me know.

I plan on being up there, I think we talked about doing Dishpan. When are you doing Holcomb?

gladiator6150 02-21-2012 08:19 PM

About 6 inches of snow on the ground, mostly slushy mud on the trails. North side of the hills have more snow.

suicideking 02-21-2012 08:37 PM

Crap! I can't make it that day. :banghead:

I need to get another run in before 3/23.

BeantownR6 02-22-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillG.OTD (Post 2058714)
I plan on being up there, I think we talked about doing Dishpan. When are you doing Holcomb?

i would like to do holcomb on saturday if i can find someone else to go, but we may do something else than wheeling, not sure yet. ive been trying to run the trail all year lol, but everytime the plans change and we run a different trail.

MNTNGOAT 02-22-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeantownR6 (Post 2061177)
i would like to do holcomb on saturday if i can find someone else to go, but we may do something else than wheeling, not sure yet. ive been trying to run the trail all year lol, but everytime the plans change and we run a different trail.

we just ran that trail like 4 weeks ago. where were u!?! idk if im goin to be able to run that weekend. rent being the main factor along side deminishing hours at work. looks like i need a second job to support my habbit

gladiator6150 02-22-2012 06:57 PM

I'll do holcomb with you guys, never done it before, a little nervous haha

geocash 02-28-2012 05:30 PM

Looks like this thread is slowed down. Are there plans for Big Bear still on 3/3. That snow should add a challenge to all of the trails.

BillG.OTD 02-28-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geocash (Post 2084684)
Looks like this thread is slowed down. Are there plans for Big Bear still on 3/3. That snow should add a challenge to all of the trails.

I havent seen a post from Rubi since the 8th, so I dont know if he is still going or not. I am a pass on this one, no desire to hit the snow. I will probably hit a trail somewhere as I had planned on jeepin this sat...

suicideking 02-29-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillG.OTD (Post 2084710)
I havent seen a post from Rubi since the 8th, so I dont know if he is still going or not. I am a pass on this one, no desire to hit the snow. I will probably hit a trail somewhere as I had planned on jeepin this sat...

Also curious if you guys are still going. I'd like to go on 3/11, but heard they've gotten a lot of snow up there.

:popcorn:

BillG.OTD 02-29-2012 10:14 PM

Rick, Not sure on that one because I am trying to get in a Cailco run before the big one. I have to be a maybe still. Sorry.

geocash 02-29-2012 10:23 PM

Did you see that over at my jeep rocks they have a Calico run this weekend.

Trail Run My Jeep Rocks Eighth Annual IDTT Renunion Run 3/30 - 4/1

krughzn 02-29-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geocash
Did you see that over at my jeep rocks they have a Calico run this weekend.

Trail Run My Jeep Rocks Eighth Annual IDTT Renunion Run 3/30 - 4/1

Isn't that the end of NEXT month?

geocash 02-29-2012 10:31 PM

Damm your right, I guess I better pay more attention.

suicideking 02-29-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillG.OTD (Post 2089932)
Rick, Not sure on that one because I am trying to get in a Cailco run before the big one. I have to be a maybe still. Sorry.


It's cool Bill. I'll catch you two weeks after.

geocash 02-29-2012 10:39 PM

Big Bear Report;
New Snow: Yes, 10-14 inches of natural snow yesterday and overnight snowmaking.

Snow Summit report;
In addition to the 10-14 inches of fresh powder from yesterday,

Probably need to pass this weekend.

BillG.OTD 02-29-2012 10:52 PM

I am at least hitting a desert trail this weekend. I have party to attend on Sat afternoon at 2 or 3, but might run Cleghorn or something just to get out. Plenty of time for Big Bear....

RubiDubiDoo 03-02-2012 12:38 AM

sorry, I got distracted and metally kinda dropped the idea of meeting up due to the TDS thing - thinking all would be there instead. I also learned that the guy I am going up to BB with has an Online Final Saturday morning and that may interfer with a morning Saturday run... But maybe in the afternoon?

Sorry to drop the ball...
And my lack of attention...

RubiDubiDoo 03-02-2012 12:43 AM

depending on the "snow" in BB, if that prohibits goofing off there then we'll slip down to Johnson Valley and goof off down there.

Any good suggestions for JV - we are both beginners so something easy is what we are looking for... we may try to get a Geo Cashe or something like that...

I saw a route near Cougar Buttes that looked interesting... anyway, sorry for starting a post and then slipping off the radar.

Darn Job thing reallyas gets in the way of my goof off plans sometimes ;)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 AM.