Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Washington Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f57/)
-   -   Seattle and Puget Sound Jeep Thread (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f57/seattle-and-puget-sound-jeep-thread-138462.html)

1997jeeptj 02-08-2012 09:40 PM

Seattle and Puget Sound Jeep Thread

I just wanted to know who was out there and to see if a group of us could do some offroading or just to see who's who! I'm the President of my Jeep club, and feel free to contact me. I have a Facebook page called Glacier Peak Jeep Club and I wanted to recruit new members and get the club kicked into gear. Let me know!

Kurt

1997jeeptj 02-09-2012 07:09 PM

No one? Anyone out there?

chrlswltrs 02-09-2012 08:36 PM

I just bought my first Wrangler on Friday and just joined the forum today. I live in lake forest park and would love to be part of a local Jeep group

chrlswltrs 02-09-2012 11:09 PM

Just liked your Facebook page and posted a message on the wall also

TreeClimber1 02-10-2012 12:28 AM

I'm in Bremerton / Port Orchard area.
Your best source is the Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Assocs, it covers Wash, Oregon & Idaho association of off road & Jeep clubs.

Tony,
Member of Eldorado Dust Devils, a PNW4WDA member club.

1997jeeptj 02-10-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrlswltrs
Just liked your Facebook page and posted a message on the wall also

Thanks! We will have to meet up somewhere sometime. :wavey:

1997jeeptj 02-10-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TreeClimber1
I'm in Bremerton / Port Orchard area.
Your best source is the Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Assocs, it covers Wash, Oregon & Idaho association of off road & Jeep clubs.

Tony,
Member of Eldorado Dust Devils, a PNW4WDA member club.

I'll look into that!

Highlands JK 02-10-2012 10:14 AM

Hi Guy's keep me in mind , PM me if ya meet up or get something going meeting beers or an outing
I'm in Newcastle...

1997jeeptj 02-10-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highlands JK (Post 2013938)
Hi Guy's keep me in mind , PM me if ya meet up or get something going meeting beers or an outing
I'm in Newcastle...

Yeah definately, ill keep this thread updated with info!

hoyt450 02-10-2012 02:22 PM

I live in granite falls area have a 2012 jku rubi looking to do some wheeling

1997jeeptj 02-10-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoyt450
I live in granite falls area have a 2012 jku rubi looking to do some wheeling

You went with us when we went in November 6th! I have a pic of you!

hoyt450 02-10-2012 03:07 PM

Yep I was there

1997jeeptj 02-10-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoyt450
Yep I was there

How did you find out about it last time? Did you go to Olympic?

hoyt450 02-10-2012 04:24 PM

U had post it up on here and I showed up. No

hoyt450 02-10-2012 04:30 PM

Yes I did go to olympic

nwbronco 02-14-2012 09:27 AM

Good to see other folks around here. We are in Olympia. We need to hit the trails soon. We took the kid out on her first off road trip in her TJ to Tahuya on Saturday.

Bob K.

1997jeeptj 02-14-2012 01:33 PM

Good to see more people here in Washington, have fun in Tahuya nwbronco!

Mitchness 02-16-2012 01:58 AM

I'm gonna be heading that way this weekend. Contemplating either Evan's Creek or Walker Valley. I've already done Walker Valley so I was thinking Evan's Creek, but neither I nor my other wheeling buddy over there know the condition of Evan's Creek right now.

So... anybody have any feedback on Evan's Creek? Much appreciated!!

Mr. Fish 02-16-2012 02:27 AM

I might be interested in going, depending on what level of wheeling you plan to do. My Jeep is new (to me) and shiny so I'm still wearing my Sissy Pants. I'm not yet ready to force my stock Sahara to keep up with your rig on tough trails. I'll get there someday soon, but not yet.

If the weather looks decent, I could accompany you on my Rincon 650 quad w/winch, That beast will go anywhere, and it already has its first dent(s). :)

Unless, of course, you were merely asking for current Evans conditions, rather than inviting companions ...

1997jeeptj 02-16-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchness
I'm gonna be heading that way this weekend. Contemplating either Evan's Creek or Walker Valley. I've already done Walker Valley so I was thinking Evan's Creek, but neither I nor my other wheeling buddy over there know the condition of Evan's Creek right now.

So... anybody have any feedback on Evan's Creek? Much appreciated!!

Never been to Evans Creek before, but I can tell you that Walker is just fine but some of the trails are really dug out in places. Other than that you are good to go! :wavey:

1997jeeptj 02-16-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Fish
I might be interested in going, depending on what level of wheeling you plan to do. My Jeep is new (to me) and shiny so I'm still wearing my Sissy Pants. I'm not yet ready to force my stock Sahara to keep up with your rig on tough trails. I'll get there someday soon, but not yet.

If the weather looks decent, I could accompany you on my Rincon 650 quad w/winch, That beast will go anywhere, and it already has its first dent(s). :)

Unless, of course, you were merely asking for current Evans conditions, rather than inviting companions ...

I have a stock Sport with 31s so I'm right there with you, even though I've been on the hard trails and only had to be winched twice, but we can go easy on her the first time and see what you think. Have you been to Evans/Walker?

Mitchness 02-16-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Fish (Post 2037044)

Well it was mostly a request for conditions, but anyone/everyone is welcome to join. Walker Valley it is! Not gonna lie though, it isn't tame by any stretch. Most of the ruts are 35" tire deep, and more lift than I have is required at some parts (requiring a bypass).

In fact, the last time I was there a stock Rubi got stuck at the very beginning of the trail and couldn't continue, so your Rincon would probably be the better bet. You are most certainly still welcome with though. Looks like we're gonna be heading out Saturday morning. No solid time yet though.

1997jeeptj 02-16-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchness

Well it was mostly a request for conditions, but anyone/everyone is welcome to join. Walker Valley it is! Not gonna lie though, it isn't tame by any stretch. Most of the ruts are 35" tire deep, and more lift than I have is required at some parts (requiring a bypass).

In fact, the last time I was there a stock Rubi got stuck at the very beginning of the trail and couldn't continue, so your Rincon would probably be the better bet. You are most certainly still welcome with though. Looks like we're gonna be heading out Saturday morning. No solid time yet though.

As long as someone has a winch or something, I have no problem on most of the trails, except in a few parts. I don't know if I'm going to go yet.

Mitchness 02-16-2012 02:48 PM

Looks like we're heading out Saturday morning from West Seattle around 7.

NorthwestTJ 02-21-2012 02:54 AM

Hey everyone! Just joined this forum today. Too bad i missed wheeling over the weekend, i kive in Kirkland so next time you guys are headed out or meeting up let me now

chrlswltrs 02-21-2012 12:28 PM

I should be getting my winch controls wired up in my jeep this week, so I'll be all set to do some off roading!

1997jeeptj 02-22-2012 07:57 AM

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't updated you guys in a while the app on my phone crashes a lot for some reason... Good to see some new people and I'll let you guys know when we can meet or when we are going offroading next! :wavey:

1997jeeptj 02-22-2012 07:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh and by the way....

nwbronco 02-22-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthwestTJ (Post 2056178)
Hey everyone! Just joined this forum today. Too bad i missed wheeling over the weekend, i kive in Kirkland so next time you guys are headed out or meeting up let me now

We are going over to Tahuya this Saturday. Meeting at the Safeway in Belfair at 10AM.

Bob K.

chrlswltrs 02-22-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1997jeeptj
Hey everyone, sorry I haven't updated you guys in a while the app on my phone crashes a lot for some reason... Good to see some new people and I'll let you guys know when we can meet or when we are going offroading next! :wavey:

What kind of phone do you have, I'm pretty good with phones if you keep having problems :)