Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Windshield spray (wipers grabbing the glass)?

5K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  JCS05Rubi 
#1 ·
Hello all,

It's finally starting to get wet here in my area (snow, rain, etc). The problem i have is the wipers are grabbing the windshield so they don't clean well since they end up jumping over it instead of gliding across it. What are some of the sprays you'd recommend?

Thanks in advance.
Atanas S

#6 ·
take a credit carda nd slide it along the blade of the wipers to make it smooth again so it doesnt jump, or buy new ones, its the wipers that make irt jumps not the windshield, also to keep from having to keep replacing them, make sure to clean your windshield with the srpay stuff and not just use the wipers to try to get the sandy grime off

#7 ·
I've noticed that trucks, big diesel trucks that blow black smoke, the residue of that stuff in snowy weather seems to put some kind of black splooge on the windshield and the wipers skip and stick. Ammonia removes it, I only get it when driving on the interstates during snow storms. Also change your blades to winter blades, with the summer blades the ice and stuff builds up and freezes in the blade holders, winter blades are sealed and flex, they prevent that.
Waxing is also a good idea, clean the glass with windex, then clean it with Brasso brass polish, it removes ALL the oxidation, then give it a good coat or two of a quality non-silicone wax, carnuba waxes work well, I use Megyar or Mothers.

#8 ·
Ya, rain-x is basically rubbing alcohol to clean all the dirt out of the glass, and wax to make it smoother, and some other additives. Clean your Jeep, get some rubbing alcohol, clean your rubbing wiper inserts REAL good (most people that think they need wipers, just have dirty rubber), clean the windshield. Wax your windshield one or two times, or even just rain-x it. Makes a big difference. If that doesnt help, get some new wipers. They will always squeak, since our windshield is flat, but you can make it a lot less severe. Mine only squeaks at highway speeds now.

#10 ·
its not the fluid you use, its the crappy tj wiperblades, mine have always done this..

someone posted a pic of their jeep with these wiperblade brackets a while ago.. they clamp over the wiperblades and push the blades against the windshield.. ive seem them around but havent had the money to get any.. but thats all the blades need is more pressure against the windshield..

i just got a new pair of blades for my jeep since its been snowing here, and they are just like my old ones.. wish they had some of the titanium ones in the jeep size.. but oh well

however, if i use the rainx fluid, my windshield fogs up and then gets all glared up.. so i just use regular windshield wiper fluid

#11 ·
Get the rain-x. those double blades are garbage unless you buy the real nice ones. I wouldn't mess with them.. leave those for the civics with huge ricer wings and fart cans. Just get a good set of blades, clean the windshield good with rubbing alcohol and wax it, or just put a couple good coats of Rain-X, and get those wiper blade snuggies. they are cheap, and most part stores carry them. As stated, they just push the blade against the windshield more, which helps us since our windshield is flat and the blades get pushed out by the wind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.