Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Curry 4" lift kit for my 2004 Rubicon (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/curry-4-lift-kit-for-my-2004-rubicon-138721.html)

cub_driver 02-10-2012 01:20 AM

Curry 4" lift kit for my 2004 Rubicon

I'm looking for some advice on lift kits. I own a 2004 Rubicon that I recently drove down the west coast on highway 101. The jeep is currently stagged in AZ my plan is to explore the southwest. Im considering putting a lift kit under it and have become vary interested in the 4" Curry enterprises lift kit. If anyone has experiance with this lift could you please give me your thoughts. I don't plan to ever go larger then 33" tires.

Thanks

Cbarb54 02-10-2012 03:20 AM

I don't have any experiences with curry, but check out rubicon express too. They make some really nice lifts that ride awesome on the highway or the hills. Sounds like you need the best of both worlds like me.

geiman 02-10-2012 08:18 AM

If you're looking at bolt-on kits, you can't really get much better than Currie (in my opinion). Checkout Savvy offroad: Savvy Offroad They have taken the Currie suspension lift and added their own unique tweaks to it. You can also get better pricing from them since they offer discounts for JeepForum members. Gerald over at Savvy is a great guy to work with. They are out racing at King of the Hammers right now so unfortunately I don't think they will be shipping anything until the 13th or 14th, but it is definitely worth the wait.

As far as the ride, it will be great both on and off road. No matter what kit you look at, I'd definitely get something that has control arms with Johnny Joints at each end.

Imped 02-10-2012 09:01 AM

Currie components are in a league of their own when compared to the cookie cutter stuff from RE, FT, RC, Skyjacker, etc.

If you want durability and true performance, that's the route to go. As geiman said, check out Savvy. While you're at it, get educated on suspension. There's a lot more to it than "lift".

csamn2007 02-10-2012 01:58 PM

I havent hurd or read much on Currie other than their stearing links. Which get awesome ratings. I would go with an RE lift, they have amazing customer service. I had a friend break a lower control arm (dont ask me how), shipped out within a few days for free.

Imped 02-10-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csamn2007 (Post 2014604)
I havent hurd or read much on Currie other than their stearing links. Which get awesome ratings. I would go with an RE lift, they have amazing customer service. I had a friend break a lower control arm (dont ask me how), shipped out within a few days for free.

The Currie Johnny Joint is the bread and butter of a solid suspension. Take a look at most custom builds using cartridge-style joints--they aren't using RE joints, they're using Currie joints. RE's bushings and joints are well-known to have quality issues and I've seen it first hand and have removed them to be replaced with Currie parts. RE is well-known and recognized by the mild bolt-on crowd due to the lack of options early on in the TJ market. They went out of business temporarily for good reasons. Currie is well-known and recognized once you move past the Quadratec catalogs and learn to appreciate the finer details in link suspensions.....do that and you'll hear more about them.

Go Currie and don't look back. Whatever height you end up on, go with some arms using JJ's at both ends. The arms are the most important part of the suspension and shouldn't be overlooked.

BackCountryMud 02-10-2012 02:23 PM

Might also want to look into the Currie anti-rock "sway bar" system. No more disconnecting when getting on or leaving the trails and no negative effects on handling as well. I do not have it but my friends tj on 37's has it and it rides great.