Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Need Help with Rallylights Harness Order (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/need-help-with-rallylights-harness-order-138986.html)

basecamper 02-11-2012 12:36 PM

Need Help with Rallylights Harness Order
 
I am getting ready to order the next round of mods which will be an AEV Premuim Bumper and new lighting. I will have two Dually Spots on the windshield wired to the sPOD, two Rallye 4000 Driving lights on the bumper, and will also be doing the Cibie/Rallylights Harness/+80 bulbs mod.

My question is would you tie the driving lights to the harness to come on with the highbeams? Please provide insights as to why or why not.

Also any reason not to have the harness made to accomadate this even if I decede to wire straight to the sPOD?

Terryhinsb 02-11-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basecamper (Post 2017971)
will also be doing the Cibie/Rallylights Harness/+80 bulbs mod.

My question is would you tie the driving lights to the harness to come on with the highbeams?


That is exactly what I want to do, so I'm subscribing. :-)

KarlG 02-11-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basecamper (Post 2017971)
I am getting ready to order the next round of mods which will be an AEV Premuim Bumper and new lighting. I will have two Dually Spots on the windshield wired to the sPOD, two Rallye 4000 Driving lights on the bumper, and will also be doing the Cibie/Rallylights Harness/+80 bulbs mod.

My question is would you tie the driving lights to the harness to come on with the highbeams? Please provide insights as to why or why not.

Also any reason not to have the harness made to accomadate this even if I decede to wire straight to the sPOD?

Yes,
That is what I will be doing with some IPF 900 driving lights. My harness was built with a high beam take off from the relay.

I would tell Ray at Rallylights to add take off from the relays for high and low beams. It really adds almost nothing to the cost and you will want to have the driving lights triggered by the high beams. Without the take off, you will have to do your own tap anyway. sPod would allow you to turn them off when the high beams were on but why would you want to? You could also wire them with no relay and use a switch so you could turn the driving lights on when your lows were on, but again why?

Terryhinsb 02-11-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarlG (Post 2018669)
Yes,
That is what I will be doing with some IPF 900 driving lights.

awesome.

So when you guys say driving lights, you are probably talking about lights that are mounted down by the headlights, huh. I really only want to add the window hinge lights, and that's what I'd like to have hooked up to the brights... I have a funny feeling that's not legal though.

basecamper 02-11-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terryhinsb (Post 2018720)
awesome.

So when you guys say driving lights, you are probably talking about lights that are mounted down by the headlights, huh. I really only want to add the window hinge lights, and that's what I'd like to have hooked up to the brights... I have a funny feeling that's not legal though.

Yes most states have laws that say aux lights used on the road can not be higher than the headlights. Here is a link with state specific info

Lift Laws | Suspension Lift Laws By State

Mopar2Ya 02-11-2012 05:19 PM

Is it best to have RallyLights make a harness for all aux lighting you may get in the future(bumper, windshield, lightbar, etc)?
Quote:

Originally Posted by basecamper (Post 2018742)
Yes most states have laws that say aux lights used on the road can not be higher than the headlights. Here is a link with state specific info

Lift Laws | Suspension Lift Laws By State

Kool link, but no info on aux lighting in NY. Does anyone know if bumper aux lighting is allowed in NY?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 PM.