Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   2012 JK Headlights (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/2012-jk-headlights-139090.html)

Pic 02-11-2012 10:19 PM

2012 JK Headlights
 
Quick question. Any ideas on a good headlight replacement for the Jk 2012... the stock ones are terrible and i often drive around with the fog lights on as well to see better... i kno people hate when you do tat but hey, i cant see S**T with just the stock headlights.

kbwwolf 02-11-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pic (Post 2019812)
Quick question. Any ideas on a good headlight replacement for the Jk 2012... the stock ones are terrible and i often drive around with the fog lights on as well to see better... i kno people hate when you do tat but hey, i cant see S**T with just the stock headlights.

You must scroll really fast, without reading.

Mods? That is the Question.

Pic 02-11-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf (Post 2019863)
You must scroll really fast, without reading.

Mods? That is the Question.

oops my bad, and i did read it, i just didnt remember it haha

kbwwolf 02-11-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pic (Post 2019879)
oops my bad, and i did read it, i just didnt remember it haha

Short-term memory loss of that magnitude could imply an exorbitant use of THC-related substances in your history.

Or not. My memory's still good. :)

The Rallylights are pretty much the least expensive of the replacement headlight options.

This is a link to a headlight testing thread from a member named Hilldweller, who is shaped very much like a headlight bulb. Or so I've heard. :D

Long, yet beneficial if you wanna learn.

Headlight Shootout - JeepForum.com

And this is a link to the next step up the headlight ladder from the Rallylights. More expensive, but I think Hilldweller would call this the Holy Grail of Jeep lighting, thus far.

Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

gr8fulKID 02-12-2012 08:32 PM

This is a mod I have been looking to do as well..

mxman122 02-12-2012 08:35 PM

Dumb noob question, I hated the lights in my Avalanche so I replaced the bulbs with better ones. Is this not an option on the Jeep ??

Kelsey73 02-12-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxman122
Dumb noob question, I hated the lights in my Avalanche so I replaced the bulbs with better ones. Is this not an option on the Jeep ??

Phillips Xtreme +80s. If your not into upgrading the whole headlight this is the way to go. Good improvement for $30.

kbwwolf 02-12-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsey73 (Post 2022979)
Phillips Xtreme +80s. If your not into upgrading the whole headlight this is the way to go. Good improvement for $30.

^^^^What Kelsey said. But really, the headlights on the Wrangler are atrocious. Seeing as it's Girl Scout cookie season, please upgrade. :D

Both the lights and the buckets pretty much suck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxman122 (Post 2022948)
Dumb noob question, I hated the lights in my Avalanche so I replaced the bulbs with better ones. Is this not an option on the Jeep ??

It's an option, but a poor one. Look here:

Rallylight/Hella headlight upgrade install

12JKUR 02-12-2012 09:04 PM

Hellas w/parking glow bulbs (I like the green eye'd lady look)

http://photos.texnet.com/thumbs//201...scaled_512.jpg


$100 and can huse 90/100w w/$100 wiring harness down the road (not that you'll *need* them).

Pic 02-12-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12JKUR (Post 2023122)
Hellas w/parking glow bulbs (I like the green eye'd lady look)

http://photos.texnet.com/thumbs//201...scaled_512.jpg


$100 and can huse 90/100w w/$100 wiring harness down the road (not that you'll *need* them).

Thats freaking sick :droolface: ... Props to ya nice.

kbwwolf 02-12-2012 09:15 PM

Nothing against it, really. You wanna run skittles headlights, hey...

For y'all wanting to upgrade your headlights and actually see stuff, and maybe not get beaten like a baby seal by law enforcement, see links above, posts #2 and #4.

4x4builder1 02-12-2012 09:27 PM

I don't exactly have a jk but a tj with a jk front clip so not sure if this will work for the "real" jks I used warns sdb-210 lights (around $500 so not very cost effective) made custom mounts and modified the stone guards to fit perfect. I didn't want a ton of kc daylighters like my other builds just one set that will switch from driving to offroad and be enough that I don't need anything else. There are plenty of cheaper 7" driving lights that would work,. On a stock jk a bracket can be welded to the Rad support.
http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/q...der1/photo.jpg
http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/q...1/IMAG0204.jpg
http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/q...IMAG0227-1.jpg
http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/q...1/IMAG0229.jpg

kjeeper10 02-12-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf
nothing against it, really. You wanna run skittles headlights, hey...

For y'all wanting to upgrade your headlights and actually see stuff, and maybe not get beaten like a baby seal by law enforcement, see links above, posts #2 and #4.

x2

kbwwolf 02-12-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 2023409)
x2

Your rig looks tough, yo.

Nice work. Props go out to glue, also. :thumb:

kjeeper10 02-12-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf

Your rig looks tough, yo.

Nice work. Props go out to glue, also. :thumb:

Thanks bud :)

12JKUR 02-16-2012 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf (Post 2023188)
Nothing against it, really. You wanna run skittles headlights, hey...

For y'all wanting to upgrade your headlights and actually see stuff, and maybe not get beaten like a baby seal by law enforcement, see links above, posts #2 and #4.


Those are just the parking lights, there are H4's for lighting, jeeze.

And what color is your jeep, skittles by chance, at least mine is black?

44Blues 02-16-2012 07:50 AM

It's not just the bulbs...the DS/rallyelights upgrades provide focused light, which to me was important as the stock light units are sub par...I can't see why people pay 500 bucks for a muffler or 300 for a CAI but seem to balk at a full headlight upgrade....it's the best money I've ever spent on a mod.

2Unlimited 02-02-2013 03:20 PM

Yeah, Daniel stern lighting is the place to go. He's friendly, very knowledgable, and top notch customer service. Two thumbs up for him!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 AM.