Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Jeep Wrangler MW3 Edition. Opinions Please. (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/jeep-wrangler-mw3-edition-opinions-please-139382.html)

docsackett 02-13-2012 10:02 AM

Jeep Wrangler MW3 Edition. Opinions Please.

Ok..so I have a unique chance to get one of these Jeeps at a good Price (its #941 out of 3500) and My wife (god love her for putting up with a Jeeper) thinks its rediculously stupid and douchebag like to even like it..

Ive explained to her til im :eek: in the face that its not because of the MW3 badges and Logos that I want it...its the config...6 Speed Manual Trans, Tube Bumpers, Winch Kit, Rock Rails, Dual Top, Decent Audio, Blacked out Wheels, Skid Plates 3 Inch Lift (some dealer customization here on top of the package) I Have driven it..and by god it prowls it doesn't drive.. I have priced out Rubi's that match the same specs and it comes in at $47k and she said and I quote Id rather spend that then be embarassed to drive around in a Video Game car..:hide: did I miss something? I know I can take off exterior badges, buy seat covers and replace floor mats...

Thoughts?

bbtj 02-13-2012 10:07 AM

Yep, you missed something,

she doesn't like it. Remember, if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

brucewayne 02-13-2012 10:23 AM

unhappy wife= UNHAPPY LIFE
not worth it.

docsackett 02-13-2012 10:35 AM

Well...When I spend $47k ...Shes going to hate not getting a ring..

the Kolector 02-13-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brucewayne (Post 2024935)
unhappy wife= UNHAPPY LIFE
not worth it.

It's Cheaper to Keep her.

lolpetewtf 02-13-2012 10:50 AM

I love being single

Chris M 02-13-2012 10:53 AM

Good advice so far.

The man is only the boss of the house so long as the wife is happy. She is truly the boss.

the Kolector 02-13-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris M (Post 2025053)
Good advice so far.

The man is only the boss of the house so long as the wife is happy. She is truly the boss.

Thats not TOTALLY true, I am the boss of MY house........At least till the wife gets home!:rofl:

Barrie 02-13-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris M (Post 2025053)
Good advice so far.

:thumb: I took me two wives and two houses to figure that out.

1CrzyCelt 02-13-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolpetewtf (Post 2025041)
I love being single

Amen, brother! :thumb:

strider_mt2k 02-13-2012 11:11 AM

Get the Rubi like she said.
She's telling you to get a Rubicon, you have positioned yourself perfectly.

When the Queen is happy, the laaaaand is happy. True dat.

ridetime 02-13-2012 11:13 AM

Video game car! Ha ha!! Well, I think the MW3 Jeep is a very nice package but she has a point. Anyone know when the new version of Call of Duty is coming out? Is jeep going to offer a version update retrofit? Lol! "Hey man, how come your Jeep is 3 versions behind"?

daggo66 02-13-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docsackett (Post 2024833)
(its #941 out of 3500)

Where'd you get that info from?

JK-Uknowit 02-13-2012 11:15 AM

What's the point of buying a Jeep you don't want to do ANYTHING to? I mean half the fun is the modding man!! So buy a Rubi and then mod the heck out of it...that should make her REALLY happy.

iNtErNeT_rYaN 02-13-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggo66 (Post 2025156)

Grab Handles have the # of/3500 on them.

Phishe 02-13-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggo66

The CODs put the numbers on the handle above the glove box.

docsackett 02-13-2012 11:19 AM

Its on the Grab Handle of the Passenger Side. Since its Limited ED, they Labeled them all.

docsackett 02-13-2012 11:20 AM

Oh there will be Mod's ...Im just getting a Headstart for a Hell of a deal!

Vanne 02-13-2012 11:20 AM

i actually quite like the MW3 (not for the labels, but for the actual package) especially, if like me, you dont have as much time on your hands to mod the heck out of a car anymore. that and the whole package is covered by Jeep factory warranty.

Outa the box, its hard to beat : D

Phishe 02-13-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iNtErNeT_rYaN
Grab Handles have the # of/3500 on them.

Ha! Beat me to it.

daggo66 02-13-2012 11:21 AM

That the first I'd heard of them being numbered and the first numbered editions since the Sahara Rubicon in '05.

docsackett 02-13-2012 11:22 AM

I love it...it even has the dual top group, the hard top will get winched off the first day of april and go on with the first snow...game on..(plus my current wrangler still does not have heat) which makes the MW3 look even better regardless of price.

Phishe 02-13-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggo66
That the first I'd heard of them being numbered and the first numbered editions since the Sahara Rubicon in '05.

I wish they did the same with the Arctics!

3JKs1H1 02-13-2012 01:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Listen to your wife.

Lithium Lotus 02-13-2012 01:15 PM

I would get a regular Rubicon and then buy your own parts for it [bumpers, lift etc]. You will probably save in the end going that route.

Sgt.slaughter 02-13-2012 01:22 PM

I'm a wife of a 41 year old gamer! And you know what I tell people who have anything to say about it. He could be into worse hobbies! He could be out every night drinking or who knows what else. He is a HARD worker and if he wants to lay around and game on the weekends I'll be there next to him telling him when someone's behind him trying to get him lol.

Back to the car... If you're a hard worker and If you want it get it! I do think the perks on it are awesome but it's also fun customizing yourself.

sneck 02-13-2012 01:27 PM

I was in a similar situation when I got my jeep. My wife agreed that mango tango is hands down the best color ever, and didn't mind me having to fly to another state just to buy it. However, I failed to disclose the fact that it came with the chrome package (I didn't want it, but I was willing to put up with it for the mango). Needless to say, we've replaced almost all of the chrome. However I still have the grill. At least once a day, she badgers me about it, and I keep seeing her on the mopar site looking up prices, calling around to auto body shops for quotes on getting a new one painted. Seriously, she will not give up on it. She really really hates chrome.

So I don't know if my story helps or hurts you. But trust me when I say, if your woman says she doesn't like it, she will try her damnedest to make sure you are not happy with it either.

marc1230 02-13-2012 01:28 PM

There must be a psychological term for requesting the unobtainable and then using that as a wedge to get complete buy in for the still expensive discretionary purchase, you masterfully got permission to get a Rubicon, go with it

pat@fieldsauto.com 02-13-2012 01:38 PM

I bought one. I love it, the bumpers, black wheels, rock rails, and I can honestly say the leather/cloth seats in the MW3 are way more comfy than the other leather or cloth wranglers. Don't know why, I feel like I sink in a little more and I feel like the seats hold me a little better.

When I priced it all out it made sense for me. I personally like the bumpers, mine is DD so I wanted some mods without going overboard. Sure would I love a 3.5" lift with 35s? Absolutely, but for the 70 miles/day I drive I couldn't justify doing that. I've had mine for just about 3 weeks and already have 1300 miles on it. It's really a personal preference and if you have the ability and time to install some of the mods yourself.

When the money is there I plan on doing a 2" AEV spacer lift w/33" duratracs since everybody on here raves about them. Again it's my DD, but I do want to do some offroading in the future and that setup would probably give me what I am looking for. I wouldn't have figured that out though without the forum members chiming in on every lift wheel/tire thread.

denisbaldwin 02-13-2012 01:48 PM

I agree with the above sentiments. Get the Rubi and slowly build it into the stuff you love about the MW3 edition. You'll end up saving a lot of money (and grief) doing it that way.