Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   Communications and Electronics (
-   -   Cb placement (

Gouch_07_X 02-15-2012 11:48 PM

Cb placement
It's got a cb for my jeep, wondering where to mount it so I thought I would get some opinions. Which areas have worked/be most practica for everyone?

bbtj 02-16-2012 08:59 AM

What kind of CB? That will depend on where it be mounted. I have the Cobra 75 that I mounted behind the glove box, with a mic clip by the stereo.

Gouch_07_X 02-16-2012 01:30 PM

It's a cobra, model is a 18 wx st c

nwbronco 02-16-2012 04:48 PM

That's a fairly big radio. You can mount it to the side of the console on the passenger side. Forward enough that the seat does not hit it. Overhead on the footman loop. Or, on top of the sound bar. There are not a lot od recess locations on the JK to allow for that radio.

Bob K.

tcass 02-19-2012 09:52 AM

CB Radios & CB Antennas - Cobra, Uniden, Wilson, K40 & Firestik
these guys offer an extended bracket for the 29, might have one for the 18. i mounted my uniden up over the mirror on my 2007 using this link as a guide. - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource Affordable Jeep JK Wrangler CB Radio SolutionMidland Model-1001Z
worked real well. strong enough to hold....and up out of the way except the mike cord dangeling but that doesn't bother me...does some. minor difference in the 2012....went with my trade...gotta get a new batch from right channel those guys. great service.