Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

What was the best/craziest reactions you ever got for Jeep?

4K views 48 replies 35 participants last post by  Braveheart12JK 
#1 ·
I've only had my jeep for a few months now and i had some of the coolest reaction by other people. For example, I was at a traffic light one time and a old guy in a TJ drove by and he turned his head to me and was like "HOLY S#@$, WOW!!" Another time I was at 4-way intersection stop sign and coming towards me was a two officers in a patrol car, they turned their light on and they pulled right up to me and stopped(I have really dark tints 20 in the front and 5% in the back I; I thought to myself crap i'm going get a ticket for my tints) He did the rolled down your window motion with his hand. I rolled down my window and they didn't even say a word and just gave me a thumbs up and drove away lol. There were some more but those were pretty cool ones.. How about you guys?

#2 ·
I was going down the street and a dog peed on a fire hydrant. I don't think it was a thumbs up but a leg up. Maybe that's good in dog terms?

#4 ·
Had a guy come up to me while I was waiting for my girlfriend at the bank. He went on to mention how he wants a 4 door wrangler just because he seen how good it looks and how "graceful" it looked while coming into the parking lot.. I just chuckled and told him to go get one!

#6 ·
Well since you asked,

A former apprentice of mine appeared out of nowhere and hooked me up with a really great job.
As a result I was able to get my dream vehicle: My Jeep.

When he got in for the first time he said, "Woah, this is WAY nicer than I thought it was gonna be. Holy crap dude!"

Probably not Earth-shattering, but it's enough for me. He has incredibly cool vehicles.

#8 ·
Just about everyone I work with has asked me what is on my hood. I'm getting a little tired of explaining what a HiJack is. But they all say that they love my jeep. Today one of the gals who is pregnant said that she wished she had a jeep. But it's easier to get in and out of her mini van.:)

#9 ·
Just last saturday night I was at the gas station, not getting gas but buying smokes. A salesperson from another dealer we trade with was there as well. We were talking about that days business and about Wranglers. He had been with this dealership for 3 years and still didn't know where the sway bar/axle lock buttons were located so I had to show him. While doing that a guy walks up to us asks some questions that the other salesman didn't have the answer to, mostly about Artic Editions and if the Artic was a Rubicon, etc. I answered the questions while the other salesguy was leaving and just last night delivered the new Jeep to the guy that came up to us.
Needless to say I plan on rubbing that in for years since the customer lived less than a tenth of a mile from the other dealership.

#10 ·
I wouldn't put this in the *best* category..... but yesterday, I was re-arranging the inside of my jeep, waiting on my husband in a parking lot... a rather heavy set gal came up to get into her SUV, and said *What a cute Jeep - I love it - I want one* So I encouraged her to *go for it.... and go camping... get out of the city... who knows? Maybe she will, and maybe it will turn her life around :thumb:

Well, anyway, I can think of a lot of ways to describe my jeep.... and cute never crossed my mind.... but hey - I'll take it :dance:

#14 ·
In the summer when I roll with the top off and front doors off (backs stay on for the kids), the kids have their windows down and act like they are on a parade float at stop lights or in traffic, waving to other motorists. Makes people laugh and they think they are pretty cool.

Other than that, more than one person has approached me at a gas station or parking lot and commented on my jeep. Best case of this was probably last fall when the attendant at the town brush dump, who is easily into his 80's, saw mine and got reminiscing for 15 minutes with me on the Jeeps he has owned in his lifetime. He concluded that although they have changed over the years, it has been for the better, and he liked mine :thumb:

#15 ·
gluestick said:
In the summer when I roll with the top off and front doors off (backs stay on for the kids), the kids have their windows down and act like they are on a parade float at stop lights or in traffic, waving to other motorists. Makes people laugh and they think they are pretty cool.

Other than that, more than one person has approached me at a gas station or parking lot and commented on my jeep. Best case of this was probably last fall when the attendant at the town brush dump, who is easily into his 80's, saw mine and got reminiscing for 15 minutes with me on the Jeeps he has owned in his lifetime. He concluded that although they have changed over the years, it has been for the better, and he liked mine :thumb:
My girls do the parade wave in the summer too.

#16 · (Edited)
Craziest Reactions

My neighbors get to witness me working on my Jeep in my driveway all the time, doing a bunch of stuff I'm sure they just wouldn't understand. One day I was in front of my house on the street, re-tentioning my winch line by hooking it up to the back of my other truck, using a snatch block to shorten the length. My neighbor from across the street walked over to me kinda laughing and told me that his teenage daughter looked out the window, then turned to him and said "NOW what is he doing?!". I got a kick out of that.

#17 ·
yomondo said:
My neighbors get to witness me working on my Jeep in my driveway all the time, doing a bunch of stuff I'm sure they just wouldn't understand. One day I was in front of my house on the street, re-tentioning my winch line by hooking it up to the back of my other truck, using a snatch block to shorten the length. My neighbor from across the street walked over to me kinda laughing and told me that his teenage daughter looked out the window, then turned to him and said "NOW what is he doing?!". I got a kick out of that.
:rofl:

That's what my wife says when she sees me working on my Jeep.

#18 ·
We were eating lunch at a Wendy's just after taking my husband and son bike riding at the skatepark and we had the top down and bikes in the back, we saw this group of young guys checking out our jeep and taking pictures of it. That was pretty cool. One time at Sports Chalet a guy in his jeep parked next to us and we came out he was waiting so he could talk to us. People are always talking to us about our jeep. This is our first jeep and I always say it's like a boat on land, gotta wave! :wavey:

#27 ·
I have noticed guys that own vette's now, love jeeps.

Every Vette I see waves at me, even moreso than the Jeep drivers.

Vette's are sweet too though, pretty American if you ask me.

#21 ·
this past july we had a monster rain storm witch left many a deep puddles,, well i was filling up at the local gas station and a young adult driving a fart can car looked at my jeep and proudly announced he could go everywhere i went,,, i hopped in the jeep and drove it into a monster puddle that was up over the bumpers ,, i rolled down the window and said, come on in the waters fine.

#22 ·
GREEN-MACHINE said:
this past july we had a monster rain storm witch left many a deep puddles,, well i was filling up at the local gas station and a young adult driving a fart can car looked at my jeep and proudly announced he could go everywhere i went,,, i hopped in the jeep and drove it into a monster puddle that was up over the bumpers ,, i rolled down the window and said, come on in the waters fine.
Bwahahahah!!!!!!!I love it!!!!!

#26 ·
I can not count on how many people have approached me at gas stations. YJ got a lot of attention cause it was shiny.
Only owed my 07 since July. Been approached 5-6 times. Usually it's "Is it new" or "how do you like it" my two favorites are "that is a sexy jeep" and " I heard that that engine sucks" (nice jeep though) :rofl:

#28 ·
A black dude rolled up in a BMW all chromed up, and gave me a thumbs up, and a mom and daughter pulled up and asked if my Jeep color was OD green (it is not) and complimented the Jeep, then daughter was grinning ear to ear hanging her head out the window looking as they pulled away. She was grinning at the Jeep, probably :-(

#29 ·
About 10 years ago, old YJ,. Late summer afternoon, hot sunny warm, doors off, roof off, windshield folded down, Neil Young cranked, lazy Sunday afternoon. Buddy and I off to the store for some supplies, in the ‘burbs, no traffic, sitting at a red light facing the sun. Total relax waiting for the light to change. From the right side we hear ‘that looks like fun boys’,.. we look over and down, there’s dude and his kid in brand new convertible Ferrari ogling the door less roofless windshield down jeep. Little kind’s fidgeting around in the passenger seat trying to get a better look. Gave them the thumbs up and asked if they want to swap for the day. :thumb:

..he laffed and said no that's okay...:rofl:

#32 ·
Not sure if you meant that toward me, I had the top and doors off, we were at a stop light, he asked the MPG I was getting, lets say its less than his prius. Wasn't serious about it, just making conversation to tell me he really like my Jeep :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.