Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   Isham canyon: Trona, ca (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/isham-canyon-trona-ca-140671.html)

Cons_Table 02-19-2012 03:08 AM

Isham canyon: Trona, ca
 
Hey everyone,

Just thought I would share a fairly local trail to me with the rest of you Cali Jeepers. This was my first time on this trail. Its pretty dang technical and will require a locker for most. It is located near Trona, CA (which most of you have probably never heard of). It is also a popular run for the famous "Panamint Valley Days." Here is the video I made. Any of you guys that watch it, would you mind posting up if the music is working on it? Last time I made a video, youtube ditched my music...tried something new so hopefully my music works now. Feel free to ask questions, enjoy :wavey:

Isham Canyon: Trona, CA - YouTube

turdhurdler 02-19-2012 09:38 AM

Music is working. Looks like a good trail.

Jeff

Cons_Table 02-19-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turdhurdler
Music is working. Looks like a good trail.

Jeff

It was an awesome trail, probably one of the hardest I had ever ran...worth it though for sure

C.L. 02-19-2012 10:21 AM

Great looking trial; not sure on the music. It made a noise similar to an old school discman without anti-skip being thrown down a flight of stairs so i muted it...

Cons_Table 02-19-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C.L.
Great looking trial; not sure on the music. It made a noise similar to an old school discman without anti-skip being thrown down a flight of stairs so i muted it...

Haha ya it's not for everyone...I'm not even much of a fan, but I felt like it kept the video a little upbeat lol. The trail is a good one tho...the video doesn't give it enough justice

Jerry Bransford 02-19-2012 07:35 PM

Very cool fun-looking trail and a great video. I'd enjoy that trail! But damn, I lost an hour trying to figure out what had happened to my sound system before I figured out nothing was wrong. Was that "music" actually something someone made on purpose? Really? :eek: :D

Cons_Table 02-19-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford
Very cool fun-looking trail and a great video. I'd enjoy that trail! But damn, I lost an hour trying to figure out what had happened to my sound system before I figured out nothing was wrong. Was that "music" actually something someone made on purpose? Really? :eek: :D

U would love it Jerry. Very challenging through the whole trail. It would be a little bit of a drive of a drive for ya though. That whole area is a great place for wheeling...everything from mellow to extreme. And ya the music is a little out there :rofl:

Jerry Bransford 02-19-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cons_Table (Post 2050709)
U would love it Jerry. Very challenging through the whole trail. It would be a little bit of a drive of a drive for ya though. That whole area is a great place for wheeling...everything from mellow to extreme. And ya the music is a little out there :rofl:

I've wheeled Death Valley but not actually Panamint. I really look forward to wheeling Panamint one of these days.

I do recall Trona as having a unique "aroma" to it as I drove through it when driving to DV. :eek: What is there to give it that smell?

Cons_Table 02-19-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford
I've wheeled Death Valley but not actually Panamint. I really look forward to wheeling Panamint one of these days.

I do recall Trona as having a unique "aroma" to it as I drove through it when driving to DV. :eek: What is there to give it that smell?

Ya u will have to make the trip out one of these years for the big calwheel PVD event...or even with a separate group.

But u are definitely right on the aroma. It has a nice smell similar to rotten eggs haha. The smell is actually hydrogen disulfite according to my grandpa. He has worked there for 20+ years I believe. It's a naturally occurring smell in the area.

Jerry Bransford 02-19-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cons_Table (Post 2050931)
Ya u will have to make the trip out one of these years for the big calwheel PVD event.

Yeah that's the event I want to do, I am going to really try to make that particular event this year. I cannot BELIEVE I haven't been able to make that event after many years of wanting to. Usually job related reasons.

Cons_Table 02-19-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford
Yeah that's the event I want to do, I am going to really try to make that particular event this year. I cannot BELIEVE I haven't been able to make that event after many years of wanting to. Usually job related reasons.

I haven't been able attend it yet either for whatever reasons, but I have heard its a great time with all kinds of trails to choose from. I am hoping to make it out as well this year.

Bsc 02-19-2012 08:57 PM

Great Video, Thanks for sharing

Cons_Table 02-19-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bsc
Great Video, Thanks for sharing

:thumb: thanks!

CleatusTJ99 09-19-2012 11:34 AM

Hi Geoff, this is Matt G. from the Gear Grinders. Great video. Matt S. and I ran Isham at night about 3 weeks ago. It is a pretty wild ride at night...

CleatusTJ99 09-19-2012 11:35 AM

was that Cameron in the video??

Cons_Table 09-19-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleatusTJ99 (Post 2808585)
Hi Geoff, this is Matt G. from the Gear Grinders. Great video. Matt S. and I ran Isham at night about 3 weeks ago. It is a pretty wild ride at night...

Ya Id like to get out there again...in this video I didn't have any lockers, so I had to get a tug there at the "V" before the long hill climb. I'm up to one locker now, so I'm hoping I could get through it no problem now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleatusTJ99 (Post 2808587)
was that Cameron in the video??

Sure was :thumb:

DTM 09-19-2012 06:02 PM

Love the video and Skrillex!!! nice job...

As soon as I get my jeep fixed I want to plan a trip out there...

Ancientpath 09-19-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cons_Table (Post 2048035)
Hey everyone,

Just thought I would share a fairly local trail to me with the rest of you Cali Jeepers. This was my first time on this trail. Its pretty dang technical and will require a locker for most. It is located near Trona, CA (which most of you have probably never heard of). It is also a popular run for the famous "Panamint Valley Days." Here is the video I made. Any of you guys that watch it, would you mind posting up if the music is working on it? Last time I made a video, youtube ditched my music...tried something new so hopefully my music works now. Feel free to ask questions, enjoy :wavey:

Isham Canyon: Trona, CA - YouTube

When were you out there Geoff?

Cons_Table 09-19-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTM
Love the video and Skrillex!!! nice job...

As soon as I get my jeep fixed I want to plan a trip out there...

Let us know!

Cons_Table 09-19-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ancientpath

When were you out there Geoff?

This was in February I believe.

Ancientpath 09-19-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cons_Table (Post 2810114)
This was in February I believe.

Long wheel base a problem on that trail?

Cons_Table 09-19-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ancientpath

Long wheel base a problem on that trail?

Ive only been on the trail once, so I'm not completely sure. I know I have seen videos of 4 doors on that trail though.

Ancientpath 09-19-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cons_Table (Post 2810209)
Ive only been on the trail once, so I'm not completely sure. I know I have seen videos of 4 doors on that trail though.

Let me know when you want to go out there again :D

Cons_Table 09-19-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ancientpath

Let me know when you want to go out there again :D

:thumb:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 AM.