Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   My first jku.... Wahyoo!!! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/my-first-jku-wahyoo-140680.html)

holyjeepers 02-19-2012 07:03 AM

My first jku.... Wahyoo!!!

I am so happy to announce that I just bought my first Jeep. A 2012 Black Jeep Unlimited Rubicon. I could not be happier and could barely sleep last night. My wife and kids are as happy as I am (but manly b/c they don't have to listen to me talk about getting a Jeep anymore).

So, now that I have my first Jeep, I want to do some "minor" tweaks to the vehicle and would like some help:

1) Where can I buy one of the those black "rubber looking" antenna's and what is the exact model I need?

2) Should I replace the front headlight bulbs? I think I read somewhere that the stock one's are really not that bright. If so, what is the exact light bulb I need for this model?

3) Any suggestions for new front and rear bumpers? I want something way more durable than what is stock, but I don't need anything seriously hardcore. Also, at this time I don't think I'll be putting a winch on the Jeep.

Thanks.

dabolt55 02-19-2012 07:05 AM

First of all Welcome and I hear in your voice the excitement of your Jeep, congrats...:wavey:

wingnut2012 02-19-2012 07:24 AM

Welcome! Exactly what I just bought!

arctic318 02-19-2012 07:27 AM

Congrats! Now your wife and kids will start hearing about your mod list...I even have the wife coming home from working saying I saw this bumper today :) For headlights, it's personal opinion whether to change or not. Lots of people change the bulb or upgrade completely...the stock work fine for me. Bumpers...yeah, 6 months and I still can't settle on one!

PittJeep 02-19-2012 07:30 AM

I find the headlights are pretty weak but to counter that I just always run the fog lights... Makes a huge difference when I drive. And congrats on your new rig!

OH9JK 02-19-2012 07:32 AM

Welcome!! :wavey:

antennax.com and you don't "have" to replace the headlights. Many just find they are a little on the dim side. Sylvania Silverstars seem to be a good choice. Just be aware they will burn out faster.

bofa 02-19-2012 08:14 AM

Antenna: Off-Road (13") ANTENNA Jeep Wrangler 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 JK

Headlights: This guy is a decent source for info and products if you can get a hold of him. Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply There are other places that sell the lights or similar. Just do a quick search in the forum.

Bumpers: It's all about preference and function. There are tons of options. Check out what others have done here and you can almost always find a vendor running a special of some sort.

Congrats on the JKU! I still have a couple of months and am bouncing off the walls. :dance:

Blackened 02-19-2012 09:15 AM

Welcome to the forums. Nice color choice :thumb:

suicideking 02-19-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bofa (Post 2048372)
Antenna: Off-Road (13") ANTENNA Jeep Wrangler 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 JK

Bumpers: It's all about preference and function. There are tons of options. Check out what others have done here and you can almost always find a vendor running a special of some sort.

x2

I've been meaning to buy one of those antennas. It's on my long list, just haven't gotten to it yet.

Regarding bumpers, that's more of a can of worms. There are dozens of bumpers available. It just depends on what you want as far as looks and functionality.

Front come in 3 sizes:
Stubby (small), Mid width, Full. Just depends on what size you think looks best.

firehawk 02-19-2012 11:47 AM

:dance: welcome and congrats, u will have fun every day, what a deal,
life is good, ur mods will start soon.. i am sure jeepers will chime in..:whistling::whistling:

holyjeepers 02-19-2012 12:54 PM

Cargo net?

Does anyone know where I can get a Cargo net to put in the trunk area of my 2012 Unlimited? I see there are 4 "hooks" to attach a cargo net, but can't find a net. Looking to get something to hold things like groceries in place when driving.

Thanks.