Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Oregon Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f62/)
-   -   Monday highway Drive in the JKUX (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f62/monday-highway-drive-in-the-jkux-141049.html)

Baby Huey 02-20-2012 06:03 PM

Monday highway Drive in the JKUX
 
Today my wife and I decided to take the new to us JKUX out for a spin in the Coast range. I wanted to go up Fox Creek Ridge Rd and drive thru to the Trask and into Tillamook. We didn't get far up the road off Hwy 6 and ran into a little snow. Not much it was passable untill the higher we got the snow piled up and .......well, the 18" Bridgestones gave up and we spun the wheels.... So rather than get in trouble I turned around and headed back to the highway and west into Tillamook, then to Cape Mears and back north to Garibaldi to the Miami River road and on thru to hwy 53 and connected to 26 and East towards home.
On the way an on coming car thru a rock into my brand new Windshield, left a little crack about 1/2" long.
I got home and called the guy that replaced my windshield, he gave me the name of a guy that repairs the cracks. He came right out and fixed it, He was driving a Jeep Rallye (I'd never seen one before, he said it's one of 4 in Oregon... ) we haven't been home more than two hours and the windshield is fixed already !!
So today was a good day, Gotta get some tarz on the beast so I can atleast drive thru a little snow....... :popcorn: "BH"

dabolt55 02-20-2012 06:08 PM

I'm glad you got it fixed, post pics of your ride.

shewoolf 02-20-2012 06:38 PM

I would say new tires are in order :-)

Glad all worked out well for you though.

scoobyjeep 02-20-2012 08:37 PM

what bridgestone tires are you running

jsears 02-20-2012 08:42 PM

If he has a JKU, and has 18" tires I am guessing they are the stock Bridgestone Dueler's.

I am a little shocked they didn't do well in the snow. I've heard those pizza cutter tires don't do too bad in the snow.

scoobyjeep 02-20-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsears (Post 2055050)
If he has a JKU, and has 18" tires I am guessing they are the stock Bridgestone Dueler's.

I am a little shocked they didn't do well in the snow. I've heard those pizza cutter tires don't do too bad in the snow.

lol dueler HL, HT, or AT the AT revo's are great all terrain tires

jsears 02-20-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobyjeep
lol dueler HL, HT, or AT the AT revo's are great all terrain tires

Dueler's on a stock JK are the AT's.

scoobyjeep 02-20-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsears (Post 2055428)
Dueler's on a stock JK are the AT's.

those do very well in the snow i used to have a set

Baby Huey 02-20-2012 10:21 PM

These Duelers are bout worn out, not a lot of tread left to grip snow. It was my fault, I didn't have enough momentum up to get me thru it. It was real steep grade and almost to a switchback where it was flat to turn around, but it slid sideways and one side was a big ditch and the other was a drop off into the timber.... I panzied out and put it in 4wd and got it straight and backed down the road to a better place to turn around.
We'll wait for better weather and YES , I need new tarz.... I have a long list of new stuff I want.... LOL.
I'd post a pic but it's just a boring stock JK U X , I hate to bore you guys, LOL .
Tires are Duelers 255/70/18 RH-s , I actually like the way they ride and drive, nice and smooth. I wouldn't mind buying another set for highway driving. And get a set of good mud tarz and wheels for foolin around and huntin.... "BH"

Baby Huey 02-21-2012 01:13 AM

Boring Jeep picture
 
OK, you askd for it.... 07- JK U "X" .

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...d/DSC07547.jpg

jsears 02-21-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Huey
OK, you askd for it.... 07- JK U "X" .

Nice! I love the silver JKs. Sometimes I wish I would have gotten one instead of black.

The Dueler's aren't bad, I had a set on my JKUX. But they do go down hill fast once they get "balder".

Depending on what you are planning with your Jeep I would just look for a set of Rubi take offs. Good MT and good road tire.

Baby Huey 02-21-2012 12:14 PM

Yea, one of these days I'll get brave and stop at the tar store and see just what all this is gonna set me back... I hate spending the national debt on Tarz n wheels. I been looking on Craigs list.. Lots of take offs, but the guys are trying to pay for their new tarz by sellin the old ones...
I'm just a road runner for the most part. Too old to spend my day digging out of a hole full of mud.. (I did that in the 60's-70's with my old jeeps...). I like to hunt and shoot and drive the coast range...
"BH"

AustinYJ 03-07-2012 11:07 PM

Jeep west might have some take offs at a decent price

bdr529 03-08-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Huey (Post 2057535)
Yea, one of these days I'll get brave and stop at the tar store and see just what all this is gonna set me back... I hate spending the national debt on Tarz n wheels. I been looking on Craigs list.. Lots of take offs, but the guys are trying to pay for their new tarz by sellin the old ones...
I'm just a road runner for the most part. Too old to spend my day digging out of a hole full of mud.. (I did that in the 60's-70's with my old jeeps...). I like to hunt and shoot and drive the coast range...
"BH"

I have a set of 5 JK rubi take-offs with 17k miles just taking up space in the garage. I haven't been paying attention to what they go for, so I don't really have a price in mind yet. PM me an offer if you're interested.

sasquatch07 03-08-2012 11:28 AM

I'm considering selling my set of 5 33" BFG KM2's with Pro-Comp wheels, so I can upgrade to 35's... Hehehe! They'd look pretty darn nice on that thar silver JKU. :whistling::thumb: lol

On a relevant note, sounds like a great day (excepting the windshield damage... good grief!). You went to some of my favorite places!

Baby Huey 03-09-2012 03:28 AM

Thank's for the offer on the Tires guys, But It'll be a while before I can spend any serious coin on Tires and Wheels.... Just too dang many irons in the fire right now.

I have spent many years driving the old roads in the coast range....Started out riding "Tote Goats" up the Power line from Gales Creek, and running the old Stage Coach Road...
Then after that we had cut down cars that we used to drive up the old roads and fire brakes in the 60's....
Some of the best times as a teenager came from trips up in "The Burn" playin in the mud.....Good Clean Fun !! :rofl: "BH"

sasquatch07 03-15-2012 01:20 AM

I was just teasing a little bit, BH. :) I have too many in the irons in the fire too. lol Too many expensive hobbies and it seems like my guitar habit has been winning out lately. I have Champagne taste and beer budget, as they say. :D

Jeep_Gypsy 03-15-2012 01:28 AM

I love the Rallye there's one in the next town over.

Baby Huey 03-15-2012 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasquatch07 (Post 2142131)
I was just teasing a little bit, BH. :) I have too many in the irons in the fire too. lol Too many expensive hobbies and it seems like my guitar habit has been winning out lately. I have Champagne taste and beer budget, as they say. :D

You and me both, I have more "I WANTS" than $$$$$$$..... This forum will put a guy in the poor house if he tries to keep up with the rest of these High Rollers. Guys buy $40K jeeps and then tear em apart and buy another $15K parts and they still ain't satisfied....:rofl: Ohhhh well...:nonono:

Today I changed oil in the "Silver Box", every time I look in the rear view mirror I see the EXON VALDEZ bearing down on me....! Hopefully I can pull ahead enough I don't get run down....."BH"

Baby Huey 03-15-2012 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeep_Gypsy (Post 2142143)
I love the Rallye there's one in the next town over.

First one of those Jeeps I have ever seen, I haven't even seen a add for one.
He sure liked it, said it's been pretty trouble free jeep..... "BH"

sasquatch07 03-16-2012 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Huey



Today I changed oil in the "Silver Box", every time I look in the rear view mirror I see the EXON VALDEZ bearing down on me....! Hopefully I can pull ahead enough I don't get run down....."BH"

LOL! I'm going to use that quote! :D

Baby Huey 03-19-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Huey (Post 2142235)
You and me both, I have more "I WANTS" than $$$$$$$..... This forum will put a guy in the poor house if he tries to keep up with the rest of these High Rollers. Guys buy $40K jeeps and then tear em apart and buy another $15K parts and they still ain't satisfied....:rofl: Ohhhh well...:nonono:

Today I changed oil in the "Silver Box", every time I look in the rear view mirror I see the EXON VALDEZ bearing down on me....! Hopefully I can pull ahead enough I don't get run down....."BH"

So Sunday ( yesterday ) we take another road trip in the "Silver Box", first trip after the oil change.
Drove down to Jefferson (South of Salem) Via McMinnville and Independence and back up I-5. We put on 145 miles, most driving around 2K RPMs in 6th gear. I checked oil in Jefferson and it was perfect, full up after sitting for 3 hrs. We got home I checked it again and it was Perfect, still full up on the Dip Stick....Maybe I'm getting somewhere here.
On the downside of the trip, I checked the Odometer on I-5, and it's about a 1/4 mile off !!! :eek:
So I guess the PO swapped the stock wheels for the 18" Sahara wheels and didn't adjust the Speedo....So now I gotta buy a Procal and recalibrate or get the Dealer to do it $$$$$$$$$$$.... :nonono:
Engine ran real smooth all day I added a bottle of LUCAS Injector cleaner and filled up with 76 Premium (1/2 tank) before we left. 145 miles (indicated) and we used just 1/4 tank of gas... Not bad, I can live with that , I guess.. Be-Beep.... :popcorn: "BH"


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.