Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Installing a TF 2.5 coil lift this weekend... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/installing-a-tf-2-5-coil-lift-this-weekend-141242.html)

Reedthis 02-21-2012 01:05 PM

Installing a TF 2.5 coil lift this weekend...
 
I am installing a new TF 2.5 coil lift this weekend in my '09 JKU Rubicon. Any suggestions or tips? I will post pictures as soon as I am done.

ESP 02-21-2012 01:33 PM

Have you wrenched on a JK before?

kjeeper10 02-21-2012 01:39 PM

:wavey: ^^ that

Gutch 02-21-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reedthis (Post 2057737)
I am installing a new TF 2.5 coil lift this weekend in my '09 JKU Rubicon. Any suggestions or tips? I will post pictures as soon as I am done.

Pressure wash your underside, then pb blast all upper abd lower control bolts. Let it set overnight. Make sure you have some quality high jack stands and two jacks. It took me two days, by myself. The result is awesome.

4fit 02-21-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gutch (Post 2057988)
Pressure wash your underside, then pb blast all upper abd lower control bolts. Let it set overnight. Make sure you have some quality high jack stands and two jacks.

^^Good advice there! Working on JK suspension is not all that difficult. Just take your time and make sure you torque everyting appropriately. And make sure you don't torque your trackbars or control arms until the vehicle is on the ground and you have given it a good shake side to side and front to back. Now would also be a good time to upgrade the bolts in those items as well.

New2012JEEP 02-21-2012 02:45 PM

Dremel the plastic piece above passenger side front shock, to remove and tighten the nut with ease.

Make sure you have the flex attachment for impact, and the right metric wrenches help a ton

harper12 02-21-2012 04:15 PM

torque setting 125 for suspension bolts?

kjeeper10 02-21-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harper12
torque setting 125 for suspension bolts?

Not all :)

Sway links and front UCA bolts are 75

harper12 02-21-2012 04:34 PM

thanks. i switched out the jku rubi 19/59 springs and shocks for my sport jk12. need to loosen everything back up and torque up with suspension under load.

kjeeper10 02-21-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harper12
thanks. i switched out the jku rubi 19/59 springs and shocks for my sport jk12. need to loosen everything back up and torque up with suspension under load.

Yes sir :thumb:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 PM.