Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Oregon Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f62/)
-   -   help in sw Portland (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f62/help-in-sw-portland-141427.html)

stretch05 02-22-2012 08:48 AM

help in sw Portland
 
Anybody with a winch around sw Portland? Sister got my jeep stuck in a neighbors yard. Pretty incredible. I'll post details/pics later this afternoon.

jsears 02-22-2012 09:57 AM

That's pretty interesting. I am downtown Portland with a winch, but I won't be available until this afternoon.

soccer jerseys 02-22-2012 10:04 AM

No where near there but still would love to see the pictures

stretch05 02-22-2012 10:11 AM

This should give you an idea of what happened.

Rollin' - YouTube

jsears 02-22-2012 10:15 AM

You can't back that out? Let me know if you don't get somebody soon. I can come out and lend a hand this afternoon.

stretch05 02-22-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsears (Post 2061250)
That's pretty interesting. I am downtown Portland with a winch, but I won't be available until this afternoon.

I'll be home around 5 today. If you have the time, with a quick tug, I should be out in a minute.

Hard to tell from the video, the Jeep went over a pseudo rock wall. It's some large stones in the dirt, no cement or mortar. I don't want to tear up their yard in 4lo. If I could get pulled back up on to the stones a bit, I could get out of the bush and then go forward and out of the driveway.

jsears 02-22-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stretch05 (Post 2061300)
I'll be home around 5 today. If you have the time, with a quick tug, I should be out in a minute.

Hard to tell from the video, the Jeep went over a pseudo rock wall. It's some large stones in the dirt, no cement or mortar. I don't want to tear up their yard in 4lo. If I could get pulled back up on to the stones a bit, I could get out of the bush and then go forward and out of the driveway.

I should be leaving work about 4:30 or so.....if you want to drop me a PM with some more info we can go from there.

stretch05 02-22-2012 10:24 AM

Couple details...

It was left with the parking brake not stomped to the floor and left in neutral.

It veered left and into the neighbors yard, across the street one house down.

In the middle of this yard was a leafless tree atop a mound the pushed my Jeep slightly to the right, diverting it's path away from another tree.

As it passed over the mound, it narrowly avoided a thick branch that would have caused serious damage to the windshield. It can be seen in the early part of the video, but as I walked towards the tree, I focused on the tire tracks in the grass.

It bounced down in between two trees no more than 10 feet apart into the next yard and found a cushy, thick bush to bring my Jeep to a stop mere feet from their garage.

Nobody hurt, no serious property damage, no injuries to my Jeep, although I haven't got it out yet. A couple of tire tracks through one neighbors yard, one half-flattened bush and a Jeep in a place it shouldn't be...what I came home to last night.

IslandTJ 02-22-2012 11:13 AM

Good to read no one, or Jeep got injured.

DrHolliday 02-22-2012 11:40 AM

I've got a 30 ft strap and a truck that can pull out anything. As long as I can keep one axle on pavement it will have enough traction to pull it out without doing damage to the yard.

I'm free all day. Send me a PM if I can help.

OregonRubicon 02-22-2012 11:46 AM

Got a couple straps. Live near SW Portland. Let me know. Can at least come film the urban recovery.

Cold 02-22-2012 12:17 PM

I live in tigard. I get off around 3pm. I have a winch and would love to help out :D

jsears 02-22-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cold (Post 2061662)
I live in tigard. I get off around 3pm. I have a winch and would love to help out :D

Show off....:whistling:

Cold 02-22-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsears (Post 2061812)
Show off....:whistling:

Just sayin :wavey:

AprilsRevenge 02-22-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cold (Post 2062085)
Just sayin :wavey:

:thumb: I say Everyone shows up and helps.. It can be a Jeep Bonding Experience.. what do you say Husband??

~April~

jsears 02-22-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AprilsRevenge

:thumb: I say Everyone shows up and helps.. It can be a Jeep Bonding Experience.. what do you say Husband??

~April~

Where were you guys?!?

Cold 02-22-2012 07:56 PM

I was picking up my spare tire and since I didn't have an address I assumed I wan't invited. Though I did consider driving up and down every residential street in Tigard looking for a Jeep stuck in someones yard and then waiting patiently for the show :popcorn:

AprilsRevenge 02-22-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cold (Post 2063649)
I was picking up my spare tire and since I didn't have an address I assumed I wan't invited. Though I did consider driving up and down every residential street in Tigard looking for a Jeep stuck in someones yard and then waiting patiently for the show :popcorn:

Yup.....:popcorn:

stretch05 02-22-2012 11:51 PM

Thanks to jsears. Came by and rescued my Jeep from my neighbors yard.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 PM.