Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   i was serious when i said i liked this color (guns inside!) (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/i-was-serious-when-i-said-i-liked-this-color-guns-inside-141627.html)

armygreen 02-22-2012 11:44 PM

i was serious when i said i liked this color (guns inside!)
 
http://www.537c.com/wp-content/uploads/aa9625_02.jpg

i hope to pick it up this weekend. :dance:

this would be nice on the side:
http://goegunworks.com/mediac/400_0/...1affffe417.jpg



http://www.impactguns.com/data/defau...spg_119625.jpg

i don't know dink about m1a's :redface: , so any links and info appreciated if you wanna post 'em, thanks! :flowers:

scavanau 02-23-2012 02:28 AM

Liked it till I saw the zombie crap

strider_mt2k 02-23-2012 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scavanau (Post 2065062)
Liked it till I saw the zombie crap

Sorry, but this.

Aunt Flow 02-23-2012 04:04 AM

The color is cool. you lost me at Zombie Proof. doesnt really make sense.

PTWarrior66 02-23-2012 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scavanau (Post 2065062)
Liked it till I saw the zombie crap

Quote:

Originally Posted by strider_mt2k (Post 2065085)
Sorry, but this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aunt Flow (Post 2065175)
The color is cool. you lost me at Zombie Proof. doesnt really make sense.

I hope all of you hate the zombie crap with the Jeeps as well, that is even worse.

Aunt Flow 02-23-2012 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PTWarrior66 (Post 2065206)
I hope all of you hate the zombie crap with the Jeeps as well, that is even worse.

Not a fan either.

armygreen 02-23-2012 06:15 AM

:confused:


i mean seriously, :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:


k you don't like zombie crap, i don't understand the hate.

zombie stuff isn't on my gun, i just found that pic when looking up pics of the gun i'm getting; actually i think the zombie logo is on some other model of gun fwiw.


why the zombie hate? i have no care one way or the other on zombie stuff other than i think it's kinda stupid,
but seriously like 4 or 5 posts of hate in here, wtf?


thanks.

denisbaldwin 02-23-2012 09:36 AM

I for one love zombies and look forward to our undead masters.

Mr. Sinister 02-23-2012 10:37 AM

my pop's got a few wwii issue m1s. both garand (larger) and carbine models. one of the greatest rifles ever created, IMHO.

it's your gun, screw what anyone else thinks of it.

Drakea94 02-23-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armygreen

i hope to pick it up this weekend. :dance:

this would be nice on the side:

i don't know dink about m1a's :redface: , so any links and info appreciated if you wanna post 'em, thanks! :flowers:

Sweet looks tuff

cavediverjc 02-23-2012 12:52 PM

M1a's are fantastic firearms. They're easy to field strip, easy to get parts for, and can be used for about any kind of shooting you want to use it for. I'd go with a bolt gun, personally, for long range precision work, but that's not really what the M1a is known for. You can use it for hunting, intermediate range target shooting, etc.
The M1a is just the civilian version of the M14. An accurized version of the M14 was popular (and still is, in some circles) with sniper teams and it was dubbed the M21 and the M25. So see they CAN be used for longer ranges if properly accurized.

Congratulations on your (soon to be) new acquisition!

(And you were smart not to post a pic of your actual rifle. This IS a public forum after all. The internet doesn't need to know ALL our secrets...) :D

JohnT11 02-23-2012 01:22 PM

Those are solid, reliable, and powerful rifles. You'll be pleased with it.

Here's some more info on the version that the military uses: Mk 14 Enhanced Battle Rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

armygreen 02-23-2012 10:11 PM

Thanks for the happy posts :)

I'm still a newb to rifles period, I've been involved with handguns for a long time,
last year was the first time i'd owned an AR, and i'd been pondering *something* in .308 for quite a while, really waffling nonstop, and finally decided -for me- , this is the one to get.

my handguns are for home-D and carry, self-D, but the rifle is just for fun, however a few things still important to me: for it be reliable, easy to get fixed / replacement parts, and a caliber of readily available ammo and if it took mags - those had to be readily available too (this is the main reason i did not go for a Ruger Scout, proprietary mags).

can't wait to "blow sht up" with this thing :)

no plans to hack it up or foofoo it out, i love it's current look, all i may do is pop on a scope once i figure what i want in that but in no hurry.

so stoked it matches my Jeep! :)

cavediverjc 02-23-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armygreen
Thanks for the happy posts :)

I'm still a newb to rifles period, I've been involved with handguns for a long time,
last year was the first time i'd owned an AR, and i'd been pondering *something* in .308 for quite a while, really waffling nonstop, and finally decided -for me- , this is the one to get.

my handguns are for home-D and carry, self-D, but the rifle is just for fun, however a few things still important to me: for it be reliable, easy to get fixed / replacement parts, and a caliber of readily available ammo and if it took mags - those had to be readily available too (this is the main reason i did not go for a Ruger Scout, proprietary mags).

can't wait to "blow sht up" with this thing :)

no plans to hack it up or foofoo it out, i love it's current look, all i may do is pop on a scope once i figure what i want in that but in no hurry.

so stoked it matches my Jeep! :)

Hey I BLEED Army green!

scavanau 02-24-2012 02:48 AM

Don't get me wrong. That is a beautiful gun. But the zombie garbage was overdone on day 2.

armygreen 02-24-2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scavanau (Post 2068798)
Don't get me wrong. That is a beautiful gun. But the zombie garbage was overdone on day 2.

i guess what i don't like about the "zombie" thing is this:
1 - it's a bit silly to market bullets with childhood-like zombie pics and it puts too much of a "toy" slant on what is a very dangerous item. i can't stand all the idiot vids i've seen on youtube where some dumbass 20something guy buys his first gun, thinks it's "cool" and a "toy", then hands it to his girlfriend to shoot and she cracks her forehead from the recoil. guns may be fun, that does not make them a fking toy, and this lack of safety really ticks me off.
Handing an 8yr old a fully automatic weapon is also wrong - a 10yr old strafed his own skull and died from this stupidity, thanks to his own father. great. like the idiot father who had his 8yr old daughter fly a plane, crashed, both died. great.
2 - back to the seriousness of it, i've seen enough video and read stories of various outcomes of rioting, stories where good people successfully protected themselves, and stories where they didn't succeed. the perps are behaving bad but they are also humans who are caught up in the excitement of the riot. using a gun on a human is not "fun", so equating it to "zombie killing" is morally wrong to me. having a rifle for rioting is prudent, treating the subject like a joke is wrong.

sorry for the rant. :)

i did think the logo on that rifle above looked kinda neat but that's just a passing impulse kinda thing. if i stopped and thought about it, i get the resulting rant above, and would not put that on my firearm.

Ektarr 02-24-2012 06:52 AM

BIG Fan of the SOCOM 16!! Hopefully one day I'll be able to afford one.

[QUOTE=armygreen;2064882]http://www.537c.com/wp-content/uploads/aa9625_02.jpg

armygreen 02-25-2012 02:41 PM

in other news,
why has this person brought their baby in a stroller out to the rifle range? :confused:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...92RwUrzvWebTni





:p

RedBones 03-01-2012 06:33 PM

Very nice.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 PM.