Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Florida Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f71/)
-   -   Trail Permit??? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f71/trail-permit-141754.html)

blue6tj 02-23-2012 03:36 PM

Trail Permit???

Trail Permits???

Apart form the "Redneck Yacht Club" and "Devils Mud Garden" can anyone please tell me if you need permits before you go to a trail in Florida...

I know that Big Cypress you need to have your Jeep inspected then you get your permit.

I am wondering about Ocala Trails? Or the trails in WPB area?

PLease help a fellow Jeeper...:)

crafty 02-23-2012 07:07 PM

Nothing needed for the Ocala Fl4wd trail system other than being able to spot the post with the little brown sign and jeep image on it. Citrus and Richloam watch for the signs saying the #trail is open or closed to vehicles.

albie444 02-05-2013 12:07 PM

any permit restrictions in south Florida (miami area)?

CaptFish 02-07-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

the trails in WPB area?
for Corbett you don't need anything, not sure aout other WPB places.

Quote:

any permit restrictions in south Florida (miami area)?
If go to the everglades like bear island, then yes you need the a permit and ORV license.....off 8th st anything goes, no permit needed.

Off-Highway Vehicle Safety and Recreation

LilYeller 02-07-2013 05:34 PM

You do need a permit (or pay at the entrance) for JW Corbett. its the wildlife management area permit cost is $28 for a year or you can pay $6 at the entrance. Its a trust box so some people like to go in without paying at all...

JKNoor 02-08-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilYeller (Post 3335497)
You do need a permit (or pay at the entrance) for JW Corbett. its the wildlife management area permit cost is $28 for a year or you can pay $6 at the entrance. Its a trust box so some people like to go in without paying at all...

x2 on the permit or daily use fee for Corbett... not sure what the fine is if you get caught w/o either but im sure its more than $28

CaptFish 02-10-2013 09:46 AM

Oh yes there is the fee to enter but i don't call that a permit. They don't inspect your vehicle anything, you just pay and your in.

DadeCountyJeeper 02-26-2013 01:54 PM

I have been wanting I hit the Corbett trails.

What is the address for the general entrance? I wouldn't mind driving to WPB on a weekend on march and spending a Sunday in the trails.

JKNoor 02-26-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DadeCountyJeeper (Post 3423592)
I have been wanting I hit the Corbett trails.

What is the address for the general entrance? I wouldn't mind driving to WPB on a weekend on march and spending a Sunday in the trails.

not sure of JW Corbetts exact address but here is the address for a youth camp that is by the south entrance(the north entrance if off the Beeline Hwy)

12100 Seminole Pratt Whitney Road West Palm Beach, FL 33412

There is a good number of members from this forum that go out pretty frequently so you can get a few other jeepers to go out with you.

dancin1 03-18-2013 08:39 AM

Check with the state before you go, some friends of mine were there this weekend and got citations for riding during a hunt.