Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Tick Tock - Feb Waiting Room (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/tick-tock-feb-waiting-room-142110.html)

marc1230 02-25-2012 07:46 AM

Tick Tock - Feb Waiting Room

ordered a 2012 JKR on Feb 7
VIN issued Feb 10

Waiting, waiting, waiting. I know the unofficial estimate is 6 or so weeks. so at least 3 weeks to go...
The time waiting makes me second guess my configuration and color :-(

In the past few weeks - I've been faithfully/obsessively reading the forum and clearly need the following:

Rugged Ridge XHD front bumper (and winch ?)
Hi-Lift Jack
OBA
Bead lock tires
fire extinguisher
Death Wobble bolt kit
grab handles
Tuffy under seat drawer
lights - 'cause the OEM ones suck
grill mesh
sPod power panel

hope I get delivery soon before I break the bank

I'm going to look real good driving to the mall!

4fit 02-25-2012 08:10 AM

I bet the wait is a killer. I bought my '11 off the lot, but sorta wish I would have ordered to get the dual top and upgraded stereo.

But, you don't "clearly" need any of that stuff. Well, maybe the upgraded bolts. Still need to do that one myself. Take it out stock, see what it is capable of, and I guarantee you that list will change.

And I think you mean bead lock wheels, not tires. :D. But if you think you need bead locks, I hope you are planning on some seriously low air down runs. And be prepared for the cost. Most of the bead lock wheels are very expensive and most aren't street legal.

marc1230 02-25-2012 08:27 AM

actually - tongue in cheek, I don't "need" any of the stuff, most likely will spend 98% of the time on pavement.

I was looking at the posts and I'd like to try a trip to Moab. Also the Egyptian desert trip by AEGS looks fantastic - but a little far to go.

here is the big city - the closest thing to off-roading is some way to big speed bumps, which can scrape my current ride due to low clearance and low front/approach angle

to borrow a term from my other favorite forum - we fall into a state of GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome. but it is fun, isn't it!

positrak 02-25-2012 08:34 AM

VON or VIN??

I ordered first of the month and nothing but the VON in hand at this time.

marc1230 02-25-2012 08:43 AM

Got the VIN - vehicle identification number on Feb 10
VON - vehicle order number - feb 8

positrak 02-25-2012 08:51 AM

Can't get quicker than that :thumb:

Not sure if I remember correctly reading somewhere it takes 40 hours to build and push out the door.

What stage you at now? Are you tracking it on their site:

https://www.jeep.com/vots/

marc1230 02-25-2012 08:57 AM

VOTS has it sitting in "scheduled for production "

Feta2006 02-25-2012 09:04 AM

Ordered mine on Feb. 3. Now in stage D? Production. I got my VIN after about a week. Estimated date to leave factory is March 3rd. If I go to the website, it just says scheduled for production, without any details. I am hoping for a delivery by Mid-March.

Forty hours to build? I assume that is using the factory 24/7, so that it takes about two days from start to finish, which seems reasonable.

Based on those assumptions, my Jeep should go into production end of next week!!

My (sons) ride is : Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Crush Clear Coat
6 Speed Manual
Preferred Package 23S
Sirius SAT radio
Black Three Piece Hardtop
Deep Tint windows
Side Airbags
Power Conv. group
Connectivity group

Paid invoice -1% or about $26,650 including $900 destination charges to CA.

positrak 02-25-2012 09:05 AM

Interesting. I'm going to make a note of that, can you update when you see a change. I'm 3 weeks in with only VON, you're (call it) 3 weeks in with VIN, waiting production. What I'm wondering is, if I get my VIN in a week or two's time, will my production coincide with yours. Meaning regardless who has a VIN or VON, there's a set production schedule. Or will I also wait another 3 weeks or more once I receive my VIN.

marc1230 02-25-2012 09:13 AM

I ended up ordering the following

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Bright White
Black Cloth Seats
Heated Seats
A/C w temp control
Deep Tinted Sunscreen Windows
4.10 Axle
Side air bags
Power Convenience Group
Connectivity group
Trailer Tow
Dual Top
Remote Start

slpnbyu 02-25-2012 03:34 PM

JKUR

Emails Received: 1 of 3
VOTS Status: Production Scheduled

Ordered (VON): 02/08/12
Production(VIN):
Shipped:
Delivered:

realter 02-25-2012 03:58 PM

Its very interesting a bunch of us ordered Jeeps about the same day. It'ed be even more interesting to keep in touch for a year or more and see if any of us have similar problems. Hope NOT. I'm in no rush, trying to clean out the garage, having too much trouble with my other self-Justin Case.

craymond 02-25-2012 04:24 PM

Ordered JKU Winter Chill Rubicon on 2/12
Rec'd VON 2/13
Rec'd VIN 2/16

My sheet from the dealer has the following new line listed under Options?

4H4 Special Scheduling Condition VII

Does anyone know what that means?

Bsears155 02-25-2012 04:35 PM

Ordered JKU Rubi (BFG) on 2/13. Got my first email on 2/15, and just a few days ago called my dealer to get my VON/VIN.

Currently sitting in "scheduled for production". No estimated delivery time yet.

Just figured I'd toss in my stats too. Already bought some basic mods. Can't wait!

slpnbyu 02-25-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craymond (Post 2073852)
My sheet from the dealer has the following new line listed under Options?

4H4 Special Scheduling Condition VII

Does anyone know what that means?

I suspect the Winter Chills are getting some sort of priority so they can clear the color out of the system.

Second Wind 02-25-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by positrak (Post 2072683)
Interesting. I'm going to make a note of that, can you update when you see a change. I'm 3 weeks in with only VON, you're (call it) 3 weeks in with VIN, waiting production. What I'm wondering is, if I get my VIN in a week or two's time, will my production coincide with yours. Meaning regardless who has a VIN or VON, there's a set production schedule. Or will I also wait another 3 weeks or more once I receive my VIN.

positrak: If you call the customer support number, and have your VON number handy, the nice folks there can most likely give you your VIN number now. I waited for an email to notify me of this stuff, and never heard anything that way. Also, you can get them to mail you a real "paper" owners manual now, rather than waiting to get it later. You won't get a "real" owner's manual with your new jeep. Just a CD.

Best,

SW

jpowers61 02-25-2012 10:34 PM

2012 jku deep cherry red

ordered 2/11/12
vin 2/14/2012
built
Delivered

Max tow
Sat radio
uconnect
Srs
Side rails
Dual tops
Auto

:dance:

courtney123 02-25-2012 11:46 PM

Folks -

Don't count on VITS or email from Jeep. VOTS is rarely updated and a lot of people only get the initial Jeep email.
It can sometimes sit in "Scheduled for Production" for a couple of weeks. All that means is the parts are on hand to build it - when they get around to building it can depend on a lot of things.
Once it starts down the production line it shoots out the other end in about 40 hours.
Then VOTS will finally say "In Transit", which just means it moved to the holding lot.

Call 877-IAMJEEP, wait for the nice operator and they can give you a shipping estimate and delivery estimate once the build is done. They use a different tracking system.

Things generally move quickly once it gets off the production line, or at least Jeep can tell you where it's at as it crawls to your dealership.

The operator I spoke to was able to give me an actual production date 3 days before that happened. Up until then, no one knew anything.

Hang in - spend money on mods to install when you get it - remember some vendors are saying 2011 stuff fits the 2012 and that's not entirely true. The DayStar Dash Storage system does NOT fit a 2012. Bumpers will not without relocating the canister that's behind the bumper (new for 2012).
Vendors are real slow in getting 2012 specific stuff out so check carefully.

Be patient. Eight weeks seems to be the average time to get your baby, unless you're lucky. In that case, get in your new Jeep and drive directly to Las Vegas.

ronrad 02-26-2012 12:18 AM

Jku sahara cherry red with six speed
Von 2/1
Just received D1 status 2/24
According to my dealer scheduled for 3/14 build completion and 3/21 delivery

TheDragon 02-26-2012 08:01 AM

Ordered my JKUR on 1-16-12, VIN Feb 2, still waiting. I got a scheduled delivery date of 2-17, but that date came and went. Crickets from the dealer since.
On VOTS, it is in "Final Inspection" now and has been for about a week. I ordered: black, auto, katzkins, connectivity, dual top, color match top and fender flares, 4:10s, remote start, supplemental airbags, and max tow.
I'm hoping they fixed the head ticking problem for us. It seems that problem was mostly with jeeps built in the fall.

Walshman 02-26-2012 08:19 AM

I received my order confirmation for my JKUR on 2/6/12. I received the 2nd email on 2/15/12 that production has been scheduled. I have been told that the estimated date for completion is 2/28/12, but VOTS still shows in production.

The waiting game sucks...

DSmith1178 02-26-2012 08:49 AM

Ordered my black jkur on Feb 3rd. Have VON but no VIN yet. Its in the production scheduled phase according to VOTS. I dont understand how their production is scheduled (by colors, options, package). Anybody know? When does jeep send 2nd email, when production starts??

slpnbyu 02-26-2012 02:03 PM

JKUR

Emails Received: 1 of 3
VOTS Status: Production Scheduled

Ordered (VON): 02/08/12
Production(VIN): 02/26/12
Shipped:
Delivered:

jpowers61 02-27-2012 09:34 AM

Update Status

2012 JKU Sport S Deep Cherry Red
ordered (VON) 2/11/12
(VIN) 2/14/2012
Status D1
Expected Build Date March 6
Expected Delivered Date ????????

Extras
Max tow
Sat radio
uconnect
Srs
Side rails
Dual tops
Auto

:dance:

lulu13 02-27-2012 09:55 AM

JKU Sport S Gecko

ordered (VON) 2/4
VIN received via e-mail 2/20
scheduled to be shipped 3/6 (although currently in D1 status).

OIIIIOersCreepers 02-27-2012 12:20 PM

ORDERED on 01-25-12
as of friday, 3 days ago, per the 1877 #, jeep only shows it is waiting for production. they had no other information. vots says same thing.
WTH? is all i can sit here and think.

79Scout12Jeep 02-27-2012 12:25 PM

Ordered my BFG Rubicon on the 8th and only have the VON. Called Jeep late last week and they were unable to give me a VIN or any updates. Hopefully I will get some updates like the rest of you that ordered around the same time.

Feta2006 02-27-2012 01:00 PM

Updated and Confirmed (sort of) Delivery date

Quote:

Originally Posted by courtney123 (Post 2075210)
Folks -

Call 877-IAMJEEP, wait for the nice operator and they can give you a shipping estimate and delivery estimate once the build is done. They use a different tracking system.

Thanks for the tip. I just called and was told my Jeep is at the beginning of the production line. Estimated finish is 3/3, ready for shipment. :dance:

Of course, they mentioned that this is not guaranteed, as something could happen. But mentioned that I can call back perhaps on 3/1 or 3/2 to confirm.

Can't wait, this is great! :punk:

rethyk 02-27-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 79Scout12Jeep
Ordered my BFG Rubicon on the 8th and only have the VON. Called Jeep late last week and they were unable to give me a VIN or any updates. Hopefully I will get some updates like the rest of you that ordered around the same time.

I'm sorta in the same situation as you, ordered on the 13th and I've only gotten a Von, no vin yet. The wait is slowly killing me lol but then again I was told 8-10 weeks estimate when I bought it so I know I still have a while left to wait.

dalearyous 02-27-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marc1230 (Post 2072699)
I ended up ordering the following

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Bright White
Black Cloth Seats
Heated Seats
A/C w temp control
Deep Tinted Sunscreen Windows
4.10 Axle
Side air bags
Power Convenience Group
Connectivity group
Trailer Tow
Dual Top
Remote Start

do you mind me asking how much it cost? JK or JKU?